With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revenge of Diaboromon in English?

Follow Herugrim On Twitter Visit Herugrim's Youtube Channel
    That's a shame. Kinda like the Ocean dub of the later episodes of DBZ. I would have no problem paying money to hear complete episodes of Brian Drummond voicing Majin Vegeta at DVD+ quality. Shame it will never happen.

Well, sorta. At least the Digimon movies I expect to have half a chance. Recent digimon games I think have done well enough along with Tri to prove that there is still some strength to the brand. Maybe down the road someone will pick them up. A redub might be more likely. I guess if Shout did it at least as well as they handle Tri it could be good. Will miss that Saban score, though, if it's even there.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Herugrim View Post
    Will miss that Saban score, though, if it's even there.
    The Saban score isn't used for the tv movie dubs unfortunately. I believe they just use the Frontier dub score. At the very least the opening theme for Revenge of Diaboromon was just a truncated version of the Frontier theme song.

Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    The Saban score isn't used for the tv movie dubs unfortunately. I believe they just use the Frontier dub score. At the very least the opening theme for Revenge of Diaboromon was just a truncated version of the Frontier theme song.
    Saban Entertainment wasn't the owner of the music, so the rights did not transfer to Disney.

Legally, Saban's music catalog was held by Saban Music Group, which was not part of Saban's business that was transferred in the Fox Family Worldwide sale.

New music was composed for Frontier, which Disney used for the later movie dubs.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    Saban Entertainment wasn't the owner of the music, so the rights did not transfer to Disney.

Legally, Saban's music catalog was held by Saban Music Group, which was not part of Saban's business that was transferred in the Fox Family Worldwide sale.

New music was composed for Frontier, which Disney used for the later movie dubs.

Thanks for the info. I was aware Disney didn't get the music rights to Saban's shows but wasn't completely sure of the logistics behind it. Just that it was the reason why the Masked Rider score isn't used in Revenge of Diaboromon and why the Time Force/Wild Force cross over in Power Rangers didn't use the Time Force theme and why the Power Rangers 15th anniversary special in Operation Overdrive used its previous Disney produced themes but had to settle for a pastiche of the MMPR theme for Adam.

I hope this doesn't come off as a silly question, but if Disney ends up purchasing 21st Century Fox as has been reported, would that potentially mean they'd have the license to all English-dubbed Digimon movies in their limbo? This is assuming they still have films 4-7.

Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    I hope this doesn't come off as a silly question, but if Disney ends up purchasing 21st Century Fox as has been reported, would that potentially mean they'd have the license to all English-dubbed Digimon movies in their limbo? This is assuming they still have films 4-7.
    Generically, yes, if everyone involved still has the licenses as they did years ago.

But there are easily legal details we may not know. For example, residual rights Disney may have transferred to Saban Brands when they bought up various old Saban Entertainment properties off Disney.

Of course, there are other things to consider.

As an example, Saban Brands seems to have bought some rights from Fox a few years ago (this appears to be why there were products based on the MMPR movie in the last few years.) We have no idea 'what' these rights were outside of that.

Saban's ongoing contracts with Toei could also easily mean they've transferred recovered licenses back to Toei in their business dealings.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

As far as I know, most of the later movies, like the Frontier movie and the Data Squad movie has not gone on DVD/VCR or a movie like X-Evolution has not even been dubbed.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

The Savers film has also never been dubbed.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryudamon View Post
    As far as I know, most of the later movies, like the Frontier movie and the Data Squad movie has not gone on DVD/VCR
    None of the movies after the Roboteched first film went on DVD/VCR

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryudamon View Post
    As far as I know, most of the later movies, like the Frontier movie and the Data Squad movie has not gone on DVD/VCR or a movie like X-Evolution has not even been dubbed.
    Island of Lost Digimon was if you meant that.

As far as I knew, X and the 20 Data Sqaud one with Rhytm weren't and not counting Appmon we have everything's else (well no Fusion season 3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12