With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of Diaboromon in English?

Follow Herugrim On Twitter Visit Herugrim's Youtube Channel

Revenge of Diaboromon in English?

I just found out this movie was actually dubbed but don't know if it was ever released on DVD or BluRay. I can't seem to find it anywhere, only movie I can find is the one they made pasting the first three movies together.

Movies 4, 5, 6, and 7 were all dubbed around the same time, but Iím pretty sure none of them were ever released on any kind of home video. I actually kept them on my DVR for over a year back when they came out.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Post removed as we do not allow that on the forum.

Yeah, it really sucks that the later Digimon movies weren't released on Home Video in the West. Especially since RoD is my favourite Digimon movie.

But who knows, if the re-releases of Adventures 1 & 2 did well enough, maybe the powers that be would consider releasing the movies as well.

i don't know the deal with Digimon: The Movie, but I have to imagine the hold-up with Movies 4-7 is the official companies not thinking about them/not knowing they exist. Somebody has to ask.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    i don't know the deal with Digimon: The Movie, but I have to imagine the hold-up with Movies 4-7 is the official companies not thinking about them/not knowing they exist. Somebody has to ask.
    The movies are separate license from the tv series, no? Is it possibly Disney or whoever still holds the licence to movies 4-7? It seems like Saban Brands only bothered to secure back the license for the first four tv series from Disney.

When Saban Brands bought back the licensing for the Digimon series in North America from Disney, it was announced that they acquired the rights to the first four seasons of Digimon Digital Monsters, Digimon Data Squad, and Digimon Fusion, later they partnered with Mar Vista Entertaiment to release all of the series on DVDís. The deal never mentioned anything about any of the movies, so until this day they have never been released on DVD or Blu-Ray and probably never will to be quite honest. Those films are probably still in Disneyís library somewhere.
    Last edited by Vice; 12-05-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: iPhone fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    When Saban Brands bought back the licensing for the Digimon series in North America from Disney, it was announced that they acquired the rights to the first four seasons of Digimon Digital Monsters, Digimon Data Squad, and Digimon Fusion, later they partnered with Mar Vista Entertaiment to release all of the series on DVDís. The deal never mentioned anything about any of the movies, so until this day they have never been released on DVD or Blu-Ray and probably never will to be quite honest. Those films are probably still in Disneyís library somewhere.
    The DVD deal was actually done prior to Saban getting it back. It was Toei dealing with New Video/Cinedigm. That deal continued along when Saban licensed the brand off Toei (and was expanded to include Fusion, etc.) and those sets are still in print.

Marvista was who Saban teamed with to handle international distribution.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    The DVD deal was actually done prior to Saban getting it back. It was Toei dealing with New Video/Cinedigm. That deal continued along when Saban licensed the brand off Toei (and was expanded to include Fusion, etc.) and those sets are still in print.

Marvista was who Saban teamed with to handle international distribution.
    Oh okay thank you for the correction Marc. Any idea what happened to the movies? Iíve been looking around online to see what the deal is with their licensing and canít find much.

Oh okay thank you for the correction Marc. Any idea what happened to the movies? Iíve been looking around online to see what the deal is with their licensing and canít find much.
    Often companies just tend to say they don't have it, etc. if they say anything at all.

Digimon the Movie (the first 3) appears to still be licensed by Fox.

The other 4 may or may not have reverted from Disney back to Toei (assuming Saban Brands didn't pick them up when they've nabbed any number of things from Disney and Fox.)

It may just be a case that Toei hasn't figured out what they want to do with them. There's always little odds and ends in franchises that vanish away, sometimes due to licensing, sometimes due to the companies involved just not having figured out how they want to deal with them.

I expect Toei has at least 4 thru 7. They may simply believe there is more value in holding them until the brand is stronger (or hasn't gotten an offer they like for them.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast