With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: General Hurricane Touchdown discussion

I agree that what you're saying is likely. But in the absence of any other Cherubimon to compare him to, you can't really definitively state that he's not just a 'normal' evil Cherubimon. Those powers might just be what Cherubimon can do. Digimon have strange powers all the time.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I come from the net
    ^Correct. There's nothing really indicating he's been infected by anything other than a case of the loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Yeah, I've always speculated it was someone from the Dark Area/Ocean. I do like the theory that Apocalymon's release had something to do with it, since the timing lines up coincidentally right. So perhaps when Apocalymon escaped, he or some other Dark Area digimon (like Daemon) snatched up Chocomon to torture the latest Chosen Child.
    Yeah this seems to make the most sense, whether it was a distortion or one of them actually snatching him away.

Although I'm curious as how to the timeline aspect lines up?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, we don’t know for sure. Wallace could have gotten his partners before or after the Hikarigaoka incident. Apocalymon was probably active by the time that incident happened, since Homeostasis was looking for new Chosen Children.

I come from the net
    It was at least stated Chocomon disappeared the same year more or less that the Hikarigaoka incident happened, I believe? We know that the homeostasis picked the 8 chosen children in 1995 and sometime between 1995-1999 created their digimon and tags and crest specific to them.

I know we're getting into headcanon territory but I like to think Apocalymon's distortions is what caused Parrotmon to appear in Hikarigaoka in 1995.

Though the more I think about it the more I would prefer that the whole stuff we saw in episode 45 happening like late July 1999 because the idea that the Digimon sans Tailmon where in their baby 2 stage for thousands of years bugs me.

But if the homeostasis handpicked the kids in 1995 then its entirely possibly Apocalymon was an impending threat in 1995 and could be doing things like causing Chocomon to disappear.
    Last edited by DontStopPataPata; 12-04-2017 at 11:46 PM.

I'm sorry but I don't really like the movie at all.

1. I feel like it was an attempt to sort of be like the franchise's Beautiful Dreamer, they were going for some kind of artistic movie and it really didn't pan out.

2. Despite the "Save the older kids narrative" the movie eventually literally forgets about them to focus on the Wallace plot.

3. The movie forgets about Takeru, Hikari, Miyako, and Iori to varying degrees too.

4. This is the Wallace and Daisuke movie. That's it.

5. The fact that I can't stand Wallace as a character does not help me enjoy this movie.

6. Really, the only character I like in this movie is Daisuke.

7. Tailmon and Patamon can evolve to Ultimate- say what now?

8. And they do this to release the Golden Digimentals. How does that even work?

9. This movie is supposedly a tie in to the WS game D-1 Tamers, and I absolutely hate D-1 Tamers. Lovely.

10. While not as bad as Davis, Daisuke still gets over his crying waaay too fast, so much so Wallace even comments on it.

11. If they were really going for it, as the final ending song implies, then the movie's attempt to tie in to Stand by Me was pretty bad, and wandering around the American countryside was not the point of that movie/Stephen King novella. 02 did the adaptation way better.

12. I already mentioned they forgot about the older kids, but they didn't even show them get out of that world? Lazy. They even go back to New York, ignore Mimi exists in favor of Daisuke relating that they received a, "Oh btw we're alive." message from Taichi. Which also suggests they didn't even check up on them after the battle until they got to New York... Or rather until Taichi messaged them. And people complain about Tri, not excusing Tri, but both cases are bad.
    Last edited by Random; 12-11-2017 at 06:51 AM.

I'm going digital
    Your right I just noticed how little screen time the oither digidestined had but the movie did a good job of distracting me of this to not be concerned.

It was okay for a short film but it wasn't as cinematic as war games or even the original movie.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post

Angemon and Angewomon’s holy arrows blast evolve Agumon and Gabumon into their highest forms. How does that work?

9. This movie is supposedly a tie in to the WS game D-1 Tamers, and I absolutely hate D-1 Tamers. Lovely.
    D1 Tamers was released in Japan 5 months after this movie

Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post

Angemon and Angewomon’s holy arrows blast evolve Agumon and Gabumon into their highest forms. How does that work?
    Because light and darkness are literal forms of energy in the Digital World, that have been shown to be the power source of evolutions among other things dating back to Adventure. Those arrows were made of pure energy, light energy, and that was enough to blast them to the next level. Also there may have been Homeostasis interference to make extra sure they didn't get turned into BBQ in the process, but who knows. But them getting blasted with arrows of light apparently is about the same as Leomon getting blasted by the light of the Digivices and also going Ultimate afterwards. I can buy it.

Digimon themselves suddenly being able to flipping create Digimentals however isn't something we saw in series nor was this ever explained. Two randomly appearing Ultimate Digimon created Digimentals out of thin air, and not just any Digimentals, but really powerful ones with no explanation whatsoever.

02 at least tried to give an explanation before and after for the Golden Digimental, even if I still didn't like it all that much. And it didn't involve Digimon suddenly having the ability to create Digimentals, so it can't be used for the movie.

Hurricane Touchdown was random as heck.

D1 Tamers was released in Japan 5 months after this movie
    It doesn't matter which one was released first, they tie into each other. D-1 Tamers is "supposed" to be the backstory to this movie. Wallace was at the tournament years earlier with the older kids, that's why Wendimon kept going on about "going back to that time" and kidnapped the kids from "that time" who were at the tournament.
    Last edited by Random; 12-11-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post

Because light and darkness are literal forms of energy in the Digital World, that have been shown to be the power source of evolutions among other things dating back to Adventure. Those arrows were made of pure energy, light energy, and that was enough to blast them to the next level. Also there may have been Homeostasis interference to make extra sure they didn't get turned into BBQ in the process, but who knows. But them getting blasted with arrows of light apparently is about the same as Leomon getting blasted by the light of the Digivices and also going Ultimate afterwards. I can buy it.

Digimon themselves suddenly being able to flipping create Digimentals however isn't something we saw in series nor was this ever explained. Two randomly appearing Ultimate Digimon created Digimentals out of thin air, and not just any Digimentals, but really powerful ones with no explanation whatsoever.

02 at least tried to give an explanation before and after for the Golden Digimental, even if I still didn't like it all that much. And it didn't involve Digimon suddenly having the ability to create Digimentals, so it can't be used for the movie.

Hurricane Touchdown was random as heck.
    Well, if we can handwave away one with 'Homeostasis did it', I don't see why we can't handwave the other away with the same explanation?

We've never seen any other instance of arrows causing Digimon to evolve before. Why should it matter that we've never seen an instance of Digimon creating Digimentals before? Especially a Digimental of literal Miracles. Especially when in both instances, we're talking about the same pair of ostensibly 'special' Digimon.

Hurricane Touchdown is just following the same setup as the anime.

It doesn't matter which one was released first, they tie into each other. D-1 Tamers is "supposed" to be the backstory to this movie. Wallace was at the tournament years earlier with the older kids, that's why Wendimon kept going on about "going back to that time" and kidnapped the kids from "that time" who were at the tournament.
    I don't disagree that D-1 Tamers was made as a tie-in to Movie 3. But you're off on your details here. It's established that Chocomon disappeared in 1995. The D-1 Tamers tournament would have been in 2000, at least some time after Our War Game, since those events were depicted in the previous WS game.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast