With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Hurricane Touchdown discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    About the language thing, didn't one of the games explain that Digimon have no specific language, but that they automatically translate human languages into a form they can understand, and vice versa?
    One of the very first ones, in fact: Digimon World 1. In like... the opening dialog with Jijimon.

Presumably this means that all Digimon are "speaking Digimon language", which humans would hear as their native language. So I guess Terriermon is speaking Digimon, but the -audience- hears it as Japanese. Wallace would hear it as English.

(This also implies that Hawkmon and Piyomon are trolls who thought making Sora and Miyako communicate via Borscht and Caviar instead of just translating for them was hilarious.)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Theory time! Why did Chocomon disappear? I like to think it was somehow Millenniummon's doing, though I'm not sure about the reason behind it.

Or, possibly, one of the Dark Masters (or Apocalymon)?

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    Theory time! Why did Chocomon disappear? \
    I like to think he just wondered off and got lost and the gust of wind was just an artistic choice in the movie and no unseen force actually took him

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I would just assume that it was something to do with a distortion that got him pulled into the Dark World (hence Wendimon's Dark Area Field from the card game). I'm not sure if any specific villain was directly involved, though I suppose it could have been any number of them.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Yeah, I've always speculated it was someone from the Dark Area/Ocean. I do like the theory that Apocalymon's release had something to do with it, since the timing lines up coincidentally right. So perhaps when Apocalymon escaped, he or some other Dark Area digimon (like Daemon) snatched up Chocomon to torture the latest Chosen Child.

I'm going digital
    I don't know why a physical manifestation of a virus couldn't be a gust of wind.

And we see cocomon under the influence of the virus could teleport anywhere in the world so I think maybe cocomon was teleported into that dimension until one day it reappeared as wendigomon.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbeemon View Post
    I don't know why a physical manifestation of a virus couldn't be a gust of wind.

And we see cocomon under the influence of the virus could teleport anywhere in the world so I think maybe cocomon was teleported into that dimension until one day it reappeared as wendigomon.
    I keep telling you this. The virus was dub only. There was no omniscient virus in the original version like in the dub mash up

I'm going digital
    Cocomon was obviously infected by that gust of wind dub or not

'Obviously'.

He might have just been swept away by 'magic'/fear/Dark Ocean portals. And then he went crazy from loneliness.

No need for a virus at all.

I'm going digital
    Of the options you proposed the dark ocean one is only one that's somewhat reasonable.

We know the gust of wind caused him to disappear and when he returned he came back corrupted with time space abilities. We see his cherubimon form is larger than it's suppose to be and made up of these black balls so it's clear he was physically changed and corrupted.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast