With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind the Scenes from Bandai's Digimon Twitter

Behind the Scenes from Bandai's Digimon Twitter

Since a few different people posted threads remote linking broken images with no explanation what they were, it seemed better to just make a thread, along with adding an explanation.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's December 1st in Japan and the Bandai Digimon account posted these images of an unfinished/abandoned idea for a Digimon on Twitter.

The tweet that accompanied the images translated into English...
    December 1st is Digital Broadcasting Day. Come to think of it, when news came out that digital broadcasting was going to be introduced, we thought "when you think of digital, you think of Digimon!", so we were enthusiastic about creating a new Digimon. The idea ended up being scrapped, but... here's a portion of the scrapped ideas ♪

For some context... December 1st, 2003 was when the digital television transition began in Japan.

Thanks to garm for the translation.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

The second one looks like a prototype to Dracomon.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I wouldn't mind seeing these become actual Digimon, particularly the first sketch.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Added a cleaned up translation.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I wonder if they might be the X-antibody Digimon for Tyrannomon and Tortamon. 2003 is the year of x-antibody.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I doubt it. The inspiration seems pretty clear.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm going digital
    Good thing it was scrapped but seems it somewhat reminds me of the appmon designs and in appmon it's okay and doesn't look too goofy but this couldn't work in digimon.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I don't see why not. We have a living turd Digimon already. As people have pointed out, the second one looks like Dracomon, and the first looks a lot to me like ElDoradimon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm going digital
    Well the talking turd digimon is a funny dumb digimon design, there's one digimon literally made out of guns which is dumb cool design.

To me this is just dumb because in no way you look at it to me is this appealing and by them scrapping it they know it wasn't a good idea it's like making a digimon concept out of the most boring bland thing and the design doesn't look appealing it would be as cool as making stick figure digimon.

to me the first 1 looks a little like ginryumon or eldoradimon the 2nd 1 looks a little like hackmon

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast