With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

View Poll Results: Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for better or worse.

82 82.00%
  • No, it shouldn't have happened.

18 18.00%
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

I've been seeing a lot of negativity towards Tri. lately. I mean, there's been complaints from the start, but more and more people seem to look at it like something that shouldn't have happened in the first place, as though it's bad for the most part, and siting it as a forced continuation that shouldn't happen elsewhere. "We don't want another Tri."

Personally, I love Tri. Even if it has one or two small hiccups, I've enjoyed what we've been given. I got another story with my favorite characters, and I like how they've all grown.

So that's the question: Are you glad Tri. exists? Or would you rather have not had anything at all?

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    I'm glad it exists.
    It's a little frustrating.
    It's taking far too long to release, and it feels like it could be doing more.
    In some ways it seems to be intentionally challenging our expectations, and in others it seems sloppily constructed.
    The line between the two is blurry.
    But I am glad that it exists.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel Add Solomon on DeviantArt
    Eh, personally I'm mixed. I oughta give out my full opinion once Our Future comes around.

Banned
    We have gotten nothing but Xros Wars and Appmon for years, so I'm damn glad we got a proper Digimon show back, but it takes far too long for each part to be released.

Completely digital
    What Marwan said. Between Fusion and Appmon its nice to have a Digimon series that feels like Digimon.

Especially when the last Digimon series that felt like a Digimon series was prettt awful.

Tri definitely isnít everything it could have been and I woud have vastly preferred a 26 episode weekly anime series over 6 ovas taking....what 3 years to finish? But Iím content it exist. Itís nice seeing my favorite human group again and letting the other kids have their Digimon go Mega

Iíve never had a Digimon series that I hated. Hunters is my least favorite, but even then, I find most of the individual episodes enjoyable. Iím happy Tri exists, and Iím happy for what it means for the franchise. Hunters was our GT; it hopefully we wonít have anything like that again.

I'm glad it exists, even if I don't think it is very good. It's always fun watching a new part when it comes out, and we got the Meicoomon line out of it, which I love, so I try not to complain too much. Going forward to other potential animated Digimon products aimed at older fans though, I would like to see an improvement in quality, because I don't think I could stand a second tri, haha.

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    I am in some way glad it exists and be it for a weird reason. It made some people in the German fandom, who made Adventure a series, it wasn't (a well thought out one, that is), go back and reexamine it. So that is a good thing.

Other then that... I was annoyed, when it first came out, because I did not believe, that there was anything good to come of another Adventure continuation. I got my hopes up after the first film, because it was much better than what I expected, but it went downhill rather quickly.

So I am a bit annoyed with it, but otherwise: I don't care. I just don't. I am not feeling overly attached to the Adventure cast. I am a bit annoyed for what they do with Mimi in the series, but other then that. *shrugs* I just ignore it. In my headcanon nothing happened.

The only thing that is kinda annoying, is how since tri. there is basically no Digimon fanfiction in the German fandom AT ALL that isn't a Taichi/Mimi or Takeru/Hikari romance (without Digimon making an appearance).

Oh, and also I do not get, how it is supposed to feel more "like Digimon", then Appmon or even Xros Wars (which I hated). Because to me it feels nothing like Digimon at all and more like a clichť shoujo or yosei series with Digimon tacked onto it, to be honest. I don't think there ever has been an entry within the Digimon anime, that to me felt less "like Digimon" then tri.

I'm a Maniac
    I think we are blessed it exists. We are lucky to have been given a continuation of something we love so much, and there have been several good things about it.
    I am generally negative towards the final result, and grow more negative with each new part's release, but, hey, I got so many new hours of digimon that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for it. It is also by no means amongst the worst digimon films/series, we've had much worse overall.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    For rejuvinating my interest in the franchise and putting Digimon back in the spotlight, yes, I'm absolutely glad Tri exists.

HOWEVER...

...I wish they'd hurry up and put it on UK Crunchyroll already. That's my one and only complaint with Tri. Aside from that I've enjoyed every instalment and have no issue with the direction its gone in.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast