With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

View Poll Results: Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for better or worse.

95 79.83%
  • No, it shouldn't have happened.

24 20.17%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    I'm happy it exits: I always wanted to see all the Ultimates in the show, so I can look past some of the plot issues.

No. Because it makes Toei and Bandai focus on Adventure and nothing else. I don't appreciate that I can't have the merch I've been asking for.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Koharu Nanakura View Post
    No. Because it makes Toei and Bandai focus on Adventure and nothing else. I don't appreciate that I can't have the merch I've been asking for.
    I mean, the Bandai games have Digimon from every season. they have the entire cast of seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 (not counting Kamemon and PawnChessmon), as well as a few from 4/6 (Due to the lack of levels)

heck, hackers memory has nothing from Tri at all. no meicoomon, ophanimon FM, Ordinemon etc

so if anything, Bandai are doing the opposite of Toei... by NOT spamming adventure lol

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    No. Because it makes Toei and Bandai focus on Adventure and nothing else.
    Aside from the Tamers and Frontier blu-ray sets, the Cyber Sleuth games, Next 0rder, Appmon, Tamers anniversary Digivice, Tamers GEM figures, anniversary remakes of old v-pets, an entirely new v-pet, figures of the Digimon appearing in said v-pets, the mobile games, Survive...

Ok then. Where's merch for the Cyber Sleuth games or -next 0rder- then?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    They’re video games. That’s like asking where all the Digimon World 3 merchandise is. Games have always been their own merchandise in this franchise. If they’re successful, they get new versions and spinoffs/sequels like those you mentioned did.
    Last edited by TMS; 01-21-2019 at 01:34 PM.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    it does tho lol

we got Hackers Memory due to how well Cyber Sleuth did, so there's your "merchandise"

the anime is NOT the clux of the franchise, its just the most known.

and there's Alphamon figures out there, one of the main guys from CS. I mean, it's 99% for Tri and/or X antibody movie, but he was also at the same time of the mains from CS

there's merch that isnt adventure, youre just not looking hard enough

btw, Cyber Sleuth and Hackers both had mangas released alongside them (though just one shots, but its still "merchandise".

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    The stuff he's specifically wanting is of a specific human character from the games. But the thing is, as far as "merch" goes? Digimon has largely been focused on its titular monsters - the very meat and potatoes of the franchise - since its inception. The human characters never got that much (if any) "merch" to begin with, in fact it's only within the last few years that figures of Adventure and Tamers kids started showing up, and there's not even that many of them.

The thing that doesn't make sense is how you came to the conclusion that the lack of Cyber Sleuth "merch" is somehow Tri's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

we got Hackers Memory due to how well Cyber Sleuth did, so there's your "merchandise"

btw, Cyber Sleuth and Hackers both had mangas released alongside them (though just one shots, but its still "merchandise".
    Neither of which count.

there's merch that isnt adventure, youre just not looking hard enough
    If it's not Adventure, it's Tamers. I'm not glad that the character I want doesn't have any merch.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast