With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

View Poll Results: Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for better or worse.

93 80.17%
  • No, it shouldn't have happened.

23 19.83%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Thread: Are You Glad Tri. Exists?

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Yeah definitely. It made me appreciate better Digimon Adventure 02 and Young Hunters, and hey, they are not that bad! But seriously, I think I love every piece of the franchise, but for tri. (excluding of course Meicoomon and the new cast aka. Daigo and Maki).

Meicomoon and Meiko shouldn't have happened IMO. But Tri is a nice followup from season 02 and Adventure main series.
    For the most part, i'm glad Tri exists.

I have many complaints, like the annoying Meiko character, but there are some parts of it that are so good it makes everything worth it ; most noticeably, those 4 minutes of melodic explanation of the original Chosen Children. Scenes like that make me glad Tri exists. For me, i don't care if the Tri series is sometimes slow, bad written, or some characters sometimes behave different from the main series, those details and gap-filling of pending "side" stories make it completely worth it.
    ---------

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    It ain't perfect, but as fan of the franchise, I am thankful for it. Better than having nothing at all.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Ain't got no mojo...
    I voted yes.
    I do think Tri could of been handled a lot better tho.

Junior Commander DBxDigimon_fan's Avatar
    I wasn't ever bothered with Tri being movies instead of a series. Would have been cool, I suppose, but I don't honestly think it would have changed much. Wasn't it planned to only have about 25 episodes anyway? If you split up the movies it comes out to about that in episode form....

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    I wasn't bothered by Tri being movie series too. Actually I enjoyed the in-between times between each movie. All the speculation, anticipation and interactions with digimon youtubers, forums discussions were pretty fun and 3 years of tri movies really felt like a journey growing along other digimon fans and digidestined. The actual movies were alright for me since I never had any expectations to begin with. I'm really glad Tri's existence is a beginning for more digimon anime in the future

i vote yes 1,000,000 times!

i love that the fact that all the origonal digidestined are back with a brand new show with the offset of 02. i also like that the others (besides tai and matt) get to have their digimon to reach the mega level. the whole series gives more insite to their digital world and features new villens, its exiting!

the only think that i dont like are how the digimon digivolve, with the egg, and the way the digiportal came into existance in confession.
    Last edited by sarkTPK35; 10-15-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... buddyanynomous's Avatar
    Add buddyanynomous on DeviantArt
    well yeah for one it rekindled my interest again in digimon after so many years without it since I had the original v-pet 1 from 97 and watched the adventures and tamer I thought the franchise are already ended in appmon.I know it's said digimon universe but in my opinion it should stand alone as it's own thing and not borrow digimon names but that just me.

Digimon also the thing that successfully makes my imagination gone wild on my childhood days and now this movie once again reminded of that feeling again and Im really grateful for that.

Tbh I don't have any problem with the meiko/meicoomon character as It's something refreshing to have a new cast even though still I agree that it should be a long seasons anime instead so the character and it's relationship can be better fleshed out but that wouldn't be profitable I guess for the current anime industries as long episodes only reserved for the animes oriented for kids in my observation which tri aren't.

flawed as it maybe I still enjoy how the characters were handled in this movie and it's main theme of growing up and people changes which is quite relatable I now just hope that they will continue to provide more content similiar of this for both of their audiences like the tv series for the younger generation and movies for the older gen and maybe make it like original starwars formula per 3 years or such so the stories and art direction can be perfectly fleshed out.

Or maybe just maybe they will continue on digimon anime in adventure franchise and not spin-offs anymore but that would be highly improbable I guess lol.Well all in all I really enjoyed the movies and hope that they could continues on to stir my imagination for the years to come.

Ain't got no mojo... Tamer/Digiritter Manfred's Avatar
    Visit Tamer/Digiritter Manfred on XBox Live
    I'm happy it exists an i love it. When I see it I remember my old times. Its 15 years ago and I think its a very good continuation

Not really but I am happy Koji Wada was able to do the new version of butterfly before he passed away

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast