With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits Angewomon Pre-Orders Are Open! Plus Tentomon Teaser!

Digivolving Spirits Angewomon Pre-Orders Are Open! Plus Tentomon Teaser!

Time for another Digivolving Spirits Pre-Order!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon from Digimon Adventure!

This is the first Digimon Adventure partner in Digivolving Spirits to not be based on a prior figure and is the first figure in the line to not feature a Child to Ultimate evolution.

A good chunk of this article will reuse text from prior news articles where appropriate.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's a fantastic looking Angewomon figure made from plastic and die cast metal for some pieces (including her helmet, the wing ornaments on her chest, and the holy ring.) The overall look is a rather impressive Angewomon figure.

But of course, it isn't just Angewomon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It goes from Angewomon to Tailmon!

Extra effort has been put into the coloring, as has been a theme with Digivolving Spirits.

They've put work into making sure that both figures have accurate color schemes and that the transformation harms that as minimally as possible.

Based on what we can see of the transformation scheme, it appears to be one of the more interesting shellformers we've seen in Digimon's toy history.

They're very proud of the effort they've put into this one.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This is the first Digimon partner that has shown up in Digivolving Spirits not based on an old Super Evolution figure, so they wanted to make sure the proportions were done well and that the figure looked extra fantastic. They believe Angewomon's design stands up to, and even beyond, standalone female character figures in silhouette. In addition, they believe the quality of the Angewomon figure leads to an overall surprising feeling due to the fact that it's still a transformable figure.

Angewomon will be released May 2018 for 6,500 yen and is currently up for pre-order at CDJapan at a decent discount: (affiliate link)
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon

And a small gallery of images (many of these shots were also used in the promotional images above, but here they are on their own...)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

And the figure next to the old Super evolution Patamon/Angemon figure...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

And for some fun they also tease a new figure...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tentomon!

They mention an upcoming Tamashii Nation event that will feature Digivolving Spirits, but don't strictly say if Tentomon will be showing up...

December 1st thru 3rd will be a Tamashii Nations 2017 tour stop at the Akihabara UDX 2F Akiba_Square. At the 'monster booth' they'll be showing off the latest items. The monster booth will be in the 'Future Zone' area.

And during that stop of the tour, on December 2nd, at the Bellesalle Akihabara Event Space they will have a talking event that they call "Digimon Super Evolution Stage" with Director Kakudou and Kenji Watanabe.

The first three Digivolving Spirits figures are also still up to order easily at the moment...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

WarGreymon has been released in Japan and has sold out at a number of retailers, whether additional stock will be made available later is unknown. US stock for release next month is still available. US pre-orders for MetalGarurumon have opened and closed intermittently, likely as they get updates about how many figures they will get, and are currently open.

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan

Previous information about the Angewomon figure can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... frankiemon827's Avatar
    can't wait to see what the rest looks like

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Tento!!

Anyway, I like the engineering on this figure.

I come from the net
    Hey. Tentomon. Cool. Also nice to see how it works. Usually interesting.

Ain't got no mojo... Mugenlazlo's Avatar
    Follow Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    I wonder what Tentomon will digivolve to.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    They're all going to be evolving to Perfect level, so AtlurKabuterimon in this case.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Yeah, it'll be MegaKabuterimon since HerculesKabuterimon didn't happen until tri. Likewise the other figures in this line will be as follows:

• Biyomon - Garudamon
    • Palmon - Lillymon
    • Gomamon - Zudomon
    • Patamon - MagnaAngemon
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Yaaaay Tentomon. More excited for that than I am for Angewomon, if I'm being completely honest =P. But I'm still curious how she'll play in-hand.

Not an enormous fan of the Rookie -> Ultimate conceit, but it's probably easiest to design.

To be fair, this is meant to line up with the stages the partner Digimon had at the end of Adventure where Agumon and Gabumon were the only ones to get to Mega.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    One huge thing that bothers me is how the 'eye shines' on Tailmon are mirrored on both eyes, it works on Gabumon/Agumon because their eyes are more to the sides but since Tailmon's eyes are both in front it looks really wrong and bothers me a lot. lol
    But other than that I really like how the wings are painted!
    And I really look forward to seeing Tentomon, his forms would look cool with the robotic feel the toys have. :>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast