With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Konaka Tweeting Unofficially as Yamaki, Plus an Updated Konaka Website

Completely digital
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want Tamers sequel to tarnish Tamers beautiful bitter sweet ending.

I wouldn't mind a non-canon film or an OVA series that retells the Tamer series (like movie 1 retells the Hypnos arc movie 2 retells the devas and movie 3 retells the D-Reaper)

Id only be okay with a sequel or follow up movie of sorts if Hiroyuki Kakudou and Chiaki J Konaka are directly involved with it. If someone else who has no connection to Tamers or even Digimon is doing it (stares at Tri), then leave it alone.

When the CD dramas are out, hopefully we can get some translations. Interested to find out what new adventures are in store for the Tamers.

I feel like I'm the only guy who saw the Digital Field in Guilmon's hideout in the Tamers finale when I see people talk about there never, ever being a sequel to Tamers ever or it's ruined forever.

I agree that it would be an uphill battle to do such a thing without Konaka(the films notwithstanding). You could argue it'd be a rough going to do Adventure without Kakudou, too(you could argue further that it'd be more of a rough going to do Adventure without Satoru Nishizono)

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add Tavo-Lobo on Facebook
    Tri is the proof that using the same characters again for a new adventure is not a good idea.
    Creating new problems to make the same characters interesting again is a hard task, Furthermore they have already evolved as people (symbolized as the Matrix evolution).

I prefer Konaka continue tamers by focusing on another group of children instead of using the same characters (who are apparently adults by speculations

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    Personally I am torn. On one hand I have now doubt that a Konaka helmed sequel to Tamers could be awesome. On the other hand: Well, I spent about ten years writing my own sequel in form of a fanfiction and would have somehow then decide for myself how to go about my headcanons. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Id only be okay with a sequel or follow up movie of sorts if Hiroyuki Kakudou and Chiaki J Konaka are directly involved with it. If someone else who has no connection to Tamers or even Digimon is doing it (stares at Tri), then leave it alone.
    Why Kakudou? I mean, he was an episode director, but generally Kaizawa Yukio was the series director for Tamers. (And as I do not hold Kakudou in high regards, I rather like to see him not handling Tamers.)

At this point we have enough information based on Kakudou's interactions with the account to say that even if we never get a third party saying it's Konaka, we can be quite sure it's Konaka. Updated the news post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    I feel like I'm the only guy who saw the Digital Field in Guilmon's hideout in the Tamers finale when I see people talk about there never, ever being a sequel to Tamers ever or it's ruined forever.
    The digimon tamers message in a packet drama cd told us that Yamaki sealed the digital field off so nobody has access to it. And even goes so far as to say that it was so small anyway, that nobody would have been able to go through even if they tried. The digital field in the final scene was more likely than not only added in the anime as a sort of uplifting moment after all the sadness.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by xyzt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    Tamers is very ripe for a sequel since, as this Twitter clearly shows, it was vastly interested in the artificial intelligence aspect of Digimon, and how the internet and communication evolves over time; it's been over fifteen years and much has changed on that front. The various anime series don't really concern themselves with this; they're more reliant on a fantasy-oriented "a new evil emerges" type of storytelling.

Sad a continuation does not seem in the cards just yet; I do hope Konaka continues tweeting beyond promotion, though.
    if that so, then it doesn't have to continue Tamers, Konaka can just start a new fresh digimon series with far more focus in the AI stuffs and other supporting computerization / science stuffs, like how Appmon initially wanted (but was more targeted on friendly market, so the AI stuffs are quite brief). Continuing Tamers would be a burden as it means that if it has sequel, then it has new problems so that the digimon should be back with the Tamers, to obviously solve the whole problems happening. The conclusion at the end has been very perfect that it indicates that the digimon would never come back as the imbalance between two worlds can cause D-Reaper to be uncontrollable again and the kids must face the reality for the sake of both worlds. Pretty much as how Savers' ending indicates.
    When did the ending of tamers ever specify that the digimon would never come back?
    Even in the cd drama it was stated that they were trying to find a way to create an ark in a way to bring them back, and jenrya himself was studying to try and create a system where both worlds remained stable while also allowibg their partners to return. The drama ends with the kids continuing to believe that they will one day reunite with their partners. Even the main series ends with takato encountering a small portal to the digital world, so in neither endings is it ever stated that the digimon will never reunite with their tamers and the kids are not even remotely shown to accept the idea that they might never see their digimon partners again.
    I know that but I would prefer the ending be like that, a glimpse of hope that kids are still hoping that some time it becomes reality. But I wouldn't prefer that to become true by making the sequel. It will ruin the characterization built from previous series and it's nothing beneficial by portraying their adulthood. And it's also not beneficial to make it another 52 episodes since we ALREADY know what guilmon, terriermon, renamon, impmon, etc evolved into. I would prefer that being just fans' imagination and fanfic.

I don't really understand why you guys prefer a Tamers' sequel, like it's not complete enough, besides of the unexplained small plotholes.

And then I guess some ppl really forgot that Tamers' last ending is on Drama CD, the 4 in 1 package Drama CD consisting digimon adv to frontier characters. While the adv & frontier one were just saying hello to audience, Tamers one was focused on story where Ryo eventually would come back to Kyushu.

Oh and I won't prefer Kakudou in doing Tamers, it's like hiring Sanjou Riku for Xros Wars anime, which was not that good story-wise and less characterization. I would prefer Sanjou Riku in Kamen Rider series or Bima Satria Garuda, but exactly not anything digimon.
    Last edited by DATS24; 11-29-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add Tavo-Lobo on Facebook
    On his last twitter "Konaka" said:

"There's no plan to make the sequel as anime until now.
    But I found a hope in my mind. Thank you all of you in the real world supporting and liking Digimon Tamers.
    --Writer in chief: Chiaki J. Konka"

I can only barely pick up what Google Translate spits out, but it would seem Konaka is very forthcoming about the non-possibility of more Tamers beyond the new CD drama.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast