With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Konaka Tweeting Unofficially as Yamaki, Plus an Updated Konaka Website

Quote Originally Posted by Tsurugi View Post
    Also, the Twitter account name now reads as '山木満雄 as Chiaki J. Konaka', so I think we can confirm it's him?
    We reasonably knew it was him anyways, but I'd say the account 'saying' it's Konaka doesn't really confirm things past the data we already had.

I've gone ahead and added that information to the news post though, along with an explanation the account posted.

I'd say we are 99% sure it's him, but it'd be nice to have Kakudou or someone else involved with the brand to comment so as to have someone 'other' than the account confirm who it is.

Update- Added another bit of text to the news provided by the account apologizing and explaining it will not be answering questions.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    After Adventure sequel ruin, Tamers better live up to expectations
    So then... everything should have ended when they got on the trolley to go home in Episode 54 of Adventure. Sounds fine to me. Daisuke and co. would have been better off in their own world/series that only focused on them anyway.

I'm firmly in the camp of not wanting a Tamers sequel myself. It really doesn't need a sequel. Especially not to give it a "happy ending". Leave the bittersweet finale that I love alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Would be good to build up hype for a Tamers sequel/continuation. Fingers crossed.
    Completly approve.

When Konaka is doing it again, without without interference from Bandai or Toei. than it will be a greatly sequel. The story backdoor is standig open wide since 2002. I wish they do a remix of Biggest Dreamer.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Well, since the account owner, who claims to be Konaka, says he is only doing this as a lead-up to the BD Box, I think it's reasonable to expect that there will NOT be a sequel. Which is kinda heartbreaking. Still, I thought we'd be getting something, what with all the Tamers references that have been thrown at us in the years since tri. began, including but not limited to Taichi's English textbook's title, the GEM figures, etc. I think I'll go sob in a corner. Sorry for my long and off-topic whining.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by MedievalDukemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Would be good to build up hype for a Tamers sequel/continuation. Fingers crossed.
    Completly approve.

When Konaka is doing it again, without without interference from Bandai or Toei. than it will be a greatly sequel. The story backdoor is standig open wide since 2002. I wish they do a remix of Biggest Dreamer.
    I completely agree if he makes more back story or a complete remake of whole Tamers (with filled plotholes and no Ryo), but for a sequel, just no...

Tamers is very ripe for a sequel since, as this Twitter clearly shows, it was vastly interested in the artificial intelligence aspect of Digimon, and how the internet and communication evolves over time; it's been over fifteen years and much has changed on that front. The various anime series don't really concern themselves with this; they're more reliant on a fantasy-oriented "a new evil emerges" type of storytelling.

Sad a continuation does not seem in the cards just yet; I do hope Konaka continues tweeting beyond promotion, though.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    Tamers is very ripe for a sequel since, as this Twitter clearly shows, it was vastly interested in the artificial intelligence aspect of Digimon, and how the internet and communication evolves over time; it's been over fifteen years and much has changed on that front. The various anime series don't really concern themselves with this; they're more reliant on a fantasy-oriented "a new evil emerges" type of storytelling.

Sad a continuation does not seem in the cards just yet; I do hope Konaka continues tweeting beyond promotion, though.
    if that so, then it doesn't have to continue Tamers, Konaka can just start a new fresh digimon series with far more focus in the AI stuffs and other supporting computerization / science stuffs, like how Appmon initially wanted (but was more targeted on friendly market, so the AI stuffs are quite brief). Continuing Tamers would be a burden as it means that if it has sequel, then it has new problems so that the digimon should be back with the Tamers, to obviously solve the whole problems happening. The conclusion at the end has been very perfect that it indicates that the digimon would never come back as the imbalance between two worlds can cause D-Reaper to be uncontrollable again and the kids must face the reality for the sake of both worlds. Pretty much as how Savers' ending indicates.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post

if that so, then it doesn't have to continue Tamers, Konaka can just start a new fresh digimon series with far more focus in the AI stuffs and other supporting computerization / science stuffs, like how Appmon initially wanted (but was more targeted on friendly market, so the AI stuffs are quite brief). Continuing Tamers would be a burden as it means that if it has sequel, then it has new problems so that the digimon should be back with the Tamers, to obviously solve the whole problems happening. The conclusion at the end has been very perfect that it indicates that the digimon would never come back as the imbalance between two worlds can cause D-Reaper to be uncontrollable again and the kids must face the reality for the sake of both worlds. Pretty much as how Savers' ending indicates.
    When did the ending of tamers ever specify that the digimon would never come back?
    Even in the cd drama it was stated that they were trying to find a way to create an ark in a way to bring them back, and jenrya himself was studying to try and create a system where both worlds remained stable while also allowibg their partners to return. The drama ends with the kids continuing to believe that they will one day reunite with their partners. Even the main series ends with takato encountering a small portal to the digital world, so in neither endings is it ever stated that the digimon will never reunite with their tamers and the kids are not even remotely shown to accept the idea that they might never see their digimon partners again.
    Last edited by xyzt; 11-27-2017 at 10:09 AM.

This will be like the sequel of Rugrats All Growth Up kekeke, i hope this is a actual anime and not a OVA/Movie (if real ofcourse), this BS of waiting months for dissapointment is bad.

I come from the net
    This sure is something. You can almost guess/hope that this will lead to something. I think we'd even be ok with a movie for Tamers. Something like that. He seems like an interesting guy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast