With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think I've found my main complaint about Digimon Adventure tri.

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMarvel View Post
    I just wanted a story that fits the 6 movie format without leaving too many questions unanswered, but with the story they want to do it's clear that 6 movies aren't enough.
    Is it clear, though? As far as I can tell, all signs are pointing to this being the Big Damn Finale, which probably won't leave much room for the slice-of-life style character moments that we've seen throughout Tri thus far.
    The story just feels extremely rushed to me. Yes we are going to get a finale but with so many unanswered questions that they want to answer in 1 movie, I think it's going to end up feeling rushed. This could also be a personal thing that I just don't like the way the story is told.
    I got none of the mojo's

The story just feels extremely rushed to me. Yes we are going to get a finale but with so many unanswered questions that they want to answer in 1 movie, I think it's going to end up feeling rushed. This could also be a personal thing that I just don't like the way the story is told.
    It feels rushed because the creative staff insists on this terribly disjointed pacing structure that divorces character arcs from plot arcs; it then lavishes most of its time on character angst before dumping major plot developments into the last episode.

If tri. keeps this structure for the sixth movie, it's only going to be able to gloss over its answers at best. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the questions go entirely unanswered.
    It's all part of the mystery or whatever.

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    It feels rushed because the creative staff insists on this terribly disjointed pacing structure that divorces character arcs from plot arcs; it then lavishes most of its time on character angst before dumping major plot developments into the last episode.

If tri. keeps this structure for the sixth movie, it's only going to be able to gloss over its answers at best. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the questions go entirely unanswered.
    If that happens the fans will want another season to answer the questions that were left unanswered...maybe this is just their new formula to start milking adventure?
    I got none of the mojo's

I'm going digital
    Also how unceremonial Seraphimon's digivolution was, I get that the previous movie was about Takeru and Patamon but still Seraphimon came out of nowhere.
    Although I don't like the appearance of Seraphimon in Part 4 (there were too many full-length evolution sequences), this evolution didn't really come out from nowhere.

Just before Seraphimon appear, we can see that Takeru accepts the support of the other digidestined (he had problems with this in Part 3) and overcome his last doubts. Not to mention that he had overcome most of his conflict at the end of Part 3.

I also thought Sora and Matt were still dating at the start of tri but I guess they're not? Maybe I just forgot if they were dating during 02 or not.
    Sora and Matt were dating at the end of 02, but this doesn't seem to be the situation in Tri. It's possible they broke up between 02 ans Tri.
    Last edited by Kon; 02-12-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Junior Commander
    I also don't see the point of the Digimon losing their memories because It only really affected Piyomon and Sora.
    We don't know the full repercussions of the Digimon losing their memories. There may still be more revelations in Part 6. But even if there is nothing further, for the reboot to truly be a sacrificial act for the Digimon, some form of sacrifice would have been required. If there were no repercussions, then the answer would have been simple.

For the people that still have hope for the 02 kids popping up, they are going to get the same treatment the originals got with hurricane touchdown.
    Of course they're going to get a similar treatment. Just like Hurricane Touchdown was about the 02 kids, Tri is about the original Adventure kids (and Meiko). It's fine that people are upset about it, but given that they were never marketed for Tri, it's not unreasonable that they've had such little impact on the story.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Also how unceremonial Seraphimon's digivolution was, I get that the previous movie was about Takeru and Patamon but still Seraphimon came out of nowhere.
    Although I don't like the appearance of Seraphimon in Part 4 (there were too many full-length evolution sequences), this evolution didn't really come out from nowhere.

Just before Seraphimon appear, we can see that Takeru accepts the support of the other digidestined (he had problems with this in Part 3) and overcome his last doubts. Not to mention that he had overcome most of his conflict at the end of Part 3.

I also thought Sora and Matt were still dating at the start of tri but I guess they're not? Maybe I just forgot if they were dating during 02 or not.
    Sora and Matt were dating at the end of 02, but this doesn't seem to be the situation in Tri. It's possible they broke up between 02 ans Tri.
    Sora and Matt broke up??? That's not the official answer from Digimon. They got marry and have baby at the end.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by exe127 View Post
    Sora and Matt broke up??? That's not the official answer from Digimon. They got marry and have baby at the end.
    In fact, they have two babies.

Sora and Matt don't seem to be a couple in Tri, but there are still many years for the Epilogue.

They could broke up before Tri, but they can become a couple again later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123