With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon: Encounters Mobile Game Being Released in China

Digimon: Encounters Mobile Game Being Released in China

Time for another Digimon mobile game!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon: Encounters!

This new mobile game is for mainland China and is a collaboration between Bandai Namco Shanghai and Chengdu Momo.

A few details...

The game will have over 200 Digimon in it which you will use to make small teams to fight. They also point out this is the first Chinese Digimon game to use 3d models for the characters.

Some promo images reveal a few more relatively general details via text captions.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Gather your comrades for a multiplayer adventure.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Real time evolution. Turn the tides of battle with Ultimate forms.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Freely build your Digimon family.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Hatch and Raise your unique Digimon.

The first of those 4 images is the only thing that shows what might be a screenshot from gameplay, and it looks reasonably like a tactical strategy RPG (not including the 3d models, it reminds me of the mobile tactical RPG Terra Battle actually.)

No doubt more details to come.

Thanks to our friends at DimensaoDigimon for the heads up and to garm for translations.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Yaay! Interesting news. I tend to like a lot the Chinese Smartphone games of Digimon. Also, it will probably include some Frontier-generation Digimon in there, since it's a very popular season in China, so looking forward to it!! 😊

By the way, do you think they are reusing the 3D models of Cyber Sleuth?

I'm going digital
    so finally a true official non-bootleg chinese mobile digimon game, huh? Somehow it still looks like your usual chinese bootleg digimon game, but I think it's time for Bamco to really handle those uncontrollable IP-stealing game making in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    By the way, do you think they are reusing the 3D models of Cyber Sleuth?
    well since it's a game that was made partly by bandai i can't think of any reason why not (it will save them a lot of time of creating/choosing other models)
    i hope that if it's a good game we won't need to wait another year to play it

Look cool but need more gameplay and potential western release but i doubt it.

Many chinese digimon games are just bad or ugly as hell, all they do is grab money with gacha system and use ridiculous amount of numbers for pretend to be so powerfull, last i played used the most ugly 3D model for Aero Veedramon ever.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I wish they would just make a Digimon version of Fate Grand Order.

Oh god, I hope it doesn't use FGO's exploitative gacha rates... something like <1% chance to get the rarest units, and if you're aiming for a particular favorite unit, the chance plummets to like <0.001% chance. And the prices of the premium currency are ridiculous. Better hope your favorite character doesn't end up as one of the most rare units (not coincidentally, also the strongest units)!
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I come from the net
    Makes sense China would make their own game. They do that a lot. Seems interesting. ...So far.