With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three New 20th Anniversary Card Sets Announced and Pre-Orders Available

Three New 20th Anniversary Card Sets Announced and Pre-Orders Available

Time for more Digimon cards!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the 20th Anniversary Digimon card set out, Bandai has gone ahead and announced 3 new mini card sets, also to celebrate the 20th Anniversary.

Each of the sets will contain 20 cards based on a theme, with over half of them being new cards, and the remainder being reprints, along with some fun bonus items... and a couple of the cards will even feature new Digimon!

Some of the new cards will feature pre-existing art from Card Game Alpha, some cards will feature pixel art illustrations, while other new cards will feature brand new artwork from well known artists such as Kenji Watanabe and As'Maria (both having designed many Digimon that will be featured in the sets.) It also appears all of the cards will have etching on them.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, the Omegamon set, which will contain Omegamon cards!
    Re-124 Omegamon (new)
    Re-125 Omegamon (new)
    Re-126 Omegamon (new)
    Re-127 Omegamon Alter-S (new)
    Re-128 Omegamon Alter-B (new)
    Re-129 Omegamon Zwart D (Defeat) (new)
    Re-130 Omegamon Zwart (new)
    Re-131 Omegamon (new)
    Re-132 Omegamon (new)
    Re-133 Omegamon (new)
    Re-134 Omegamon (new)
    Bo-211 Omegamon (reprint)
    Bo-537 Omegamon (reprint)
    St-820 Omegamon (reprint)
    St-994 Omegamon (reprint)
    Bo-413 Omegamon (reprint)
    Bo-1151 Omegamon (reprint)
    Sx-5 Omegamon (reprint)
    Bx-179 Omegamon (reprint)
    Sx-194 Omegamon (reprint)

An impressive set featuring various versions of the single most popular Digimon there is. Both hilarious and amazing that this set exists!

Second, the Zubamon set, which contains cards based on the Royal Knights, along with the lines of 2 other unique Digimon to help fill out the set.
    Re-109 Zubamon (new)
    Re-110 Zubaeagermon (new)
    Re-111 Duramon (new)
    Re-112 Durandamon (new)
    Re-113 Meicoomon (new)
    Re-114 Meicrackmon (new)
    Re-115 Rasielmon (new)
    Re-116 Alphamon (new)
    Re-117 Examon (new)
    Re-118 Dynasmon (new)
    Re-119 Jesmon (new)
    Bo-500 Dukemon (reprint)
    Bo-300 Magnamon (reprint)
    Bo-932 UlforceV-dramon (reprint)
    Re-2 Gankoomon (reprint)
    St-864 Lordknightmon (reprint)
    Re-120 Craniummon (new)
    Re-121 Sleipmon (new)
    Re-122 Duftmon (new)
    Re-123 Omegamon (new)

A nice set of cards featuring the Royal Knights, along with Zubamon, Meicoomon, and their evolution lines.

Last but not least, the Alphamon set, featuring cards dedicated to X-Antibody Digimon.
    Re-100 Alphamon Ouryuken (new)
    Re-101 Alphamon (new)
    Re-102 Alphamon (new)
    Re-103 Alphamon (new)
    Bx-136 Dukemon X-Antibody (reprint)
    Bx-137 Omegamon X-Antibody (reprint)
    Bx-116 UlforceV-dramon X-Antibody (reprint)
    Re-104 Magnamon X-Antibody (new)
    Re-105 Dynasmon X-Antibody (new)
    Re-106 Duftmon X-Antibody (new)
    Re-107 New X-Antibody Digimon (new)
    Re-108 New X-Antibody Digimon (new)
    Bx-154 DORUmon (reprint)
    Bx-155 DORUgamon (reprint)
    Bx-156 DORUgremon (reprint)
    Sx-1 DORUgoramon (reprint)
    Sx-100 Alphamon (reprint)
    Bx-149 Alphamon (reprint)
    Sx-101 Grademon (reprint)
    Sx-69 Ouryumon (reprint)

A nice lineup of some of the better known X-Antibody Digimon (with a lineup that is more than a bit Royal Knightish.) The high point of this set for a number of people will no doubt be 2 new X-Antibody Digimon.

The card lineup may change during production, but hopefully with them sharing the lineup so early it means that'll be minimal, if at all.

The art on the packaging is all new, and as you can see in the image above, will also be used on cards.

But, being that it's a fun anniversary item, it can't just be the cards in a pack...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Each card set comes in a fancy foldable card holder to hold the 20 cards in the set. The inside of each features the characters in the set in monochrome.

And another item...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Each set also comes with a single jumbo oversized A5 size card (5.83 x 8.27 inches.)

Each set is available to order from the Premium Bandai store for 4,320 yen each. Pre-Orders close January 19th and are expected to ship in March.

But that also isn't it...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

If all 3 card sets are bought together in a bundle, you get a bonus card for each set.

Each of these cards feature the Digimon the sets are named after in 3/4 profile, drawn by a well known Digimon designer.

Kenji Watanabe, the original designer for Digimon, did the new art for Omegamon and Zubamon, while As'Maria, the designer of many of the X-Antibody Digimon, did the art for Alphamon. Printings of their signatures feature on these special cards.

All 3 sets can be ordered together from this page on the Premium Bandai store for 12,960 yen. Pre-Orders close January 19th and are expected to ship in March

Some really nice card sets that are priced somewhat decently. More detailed images of some of the previews (and the card list in image form) are just below...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to name a few 'official' affiliate shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows their 'official' page for Premium Bandai.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The link embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the items listed, so you may want to check that first.

Thanks to garm for translations!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Okay I'll start. I cannot make justice how extremely lame is this. Seriously, we just don't need it. Not in this stupid way at least. There are 17 cards for Omegamon, 8 brand-new one...They could have gone with something more creative like an Omegamon-esque set, with Zwart, Defeat, Alter-B, Alter-S, X, and also Susanoomon, OmegaShoutmon, Chaosmon, Rebootmon, etc. but NOT this. The Zubamon sets supposedly features the iconic Legend-Arms Digimon of the 20th Anniversary, why not including also other Legend-Arms like Spadamon or Armamon, which by the way don't have a card on the Hyper Colosseum card game yet, or even a brand-new card for the LS-tou Zone in order to expand the lore of the Weapon Digimon? Also hinting the new Legend-Arms for the Pendulum Ver.20th would have been cool too. As for the X-Antibody set, we have amazing designs like DexDorugoramon, TigerVespamon or GrandDracumon, but it's more preferable to have 5 cars for Alphamon. But I'm not gonna complain too much, this set is probably the most balanced one, and that "New X-Antibody Digimon" card is indeed the only thing interesting here.

I really hope nobody buys this to be honest. Bandai needs to understand this is not a good idea at all. If Omegamon is going to became the Pikachu of the Digimon franchise, I quite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I really hope nobody buys this to be honest. Bandai needs to understand this is not a good idea at all. If Omegamon is going to became the Pikachu of the Digimon franchise, I quite.
    Omegamon has pretty consistently been the most popular Digimon in the franchise since his introduction.

Him being a heavy part in merchandising is unlikely to change anytime soon.

The fact they haven't done a set like this in the past themed after Omegamon is likely only because they haven't done mini themed sets like this.

Frankly, I expect out of fans who only order one set, Omegamon will be the most popular.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    If Omegamon is going to became the Pikachu of the Digimon franchise, I quite.
    i think omegamon is more of the mewtwo of digimon
    and ya a set full of only omegamon is not the best idea i can see some people buying it but most people like to get more types of mons in a set only omegamon in a set is a little bit too much omegamons
    the alphamon set looks nice tho there are a few x-antibody royal knights some mons from the alphamon lines and even ouryumon i wonder who are the new x-antibody mons tho... wait a sec are those competely new digimon!?? ​or am i just reading it wrong?
    Last edited by shaikgb; 11-24-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaikgb View Post
    wonder who are the new x-antibody mons tho... wait a sec are those competely new digimon!?? ​or am i just reading it wrong?
    You didn't read it wrong, that's why I mentioned it was new X-Antibody Digimon a few times in the article.

We don't know if they are 'completely' new Digimon or X-Antibody versions of existing Digimon who didn't have them previously.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post

We don't know if they are 'completely' new Digimon or X-Antibody versions of existing Digimon who didn't have them previously.
    i don't care either way those are new mons yaaaay!

Completely forgot about the 20th anniversary set! also the 3 new sets are cool but, so many copies same cards zzzz atleast we got 2 new X-Antibody Digimons and also unreleased X Royal Knights like Duftmon was only in Alpha series.

If they are doing this then they should do a Generational set for each series, new Hybrids, Jogress (like the new jogress in next order), Xros (please) and Appmon debut in HC.

Eight brand new Omegamon cards is hilarious. You'd think they'd maybe make multiple cards for the Mode Changes, but nope! I think I'm excited the most for the new Dynasmon cards, honestly. And of course those beautiful 3/4 angle cards only come when you buy the whole thing.

Follow Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    Ordered the Alphamon set and I'm tempted to get the Zubamon set if it weren't so pricy, but I'm definitely not buying the clown car of Omegamons.

Hell, I'm just amazed we're getting new X-antibody mons. Didn't see that coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast