With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turner Has Licensed Appmon In Various Countries

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Could be Netflix, they like to cut shows down, such as removing 19 episodes from "Glitter Force Doki Doki"

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Could be Netflix, they like to cut shows down, such as removing 19 episodes from "Glitter Force Doki Doki"
    That's more than likely simply how Saban and Toei chose to produce it and had nothing to do with Netflix.

Netflix generally isn't in the business of requesting shows be cut down, they want 'more' content.

You've come up with a conclusion that doesn't match the information, and even the information is more guessing, since even if we assume it 'is' 39 episodes, Toei and Turner have already put episodes on air on a Turner owned network, so it'd be hard to imagine Netflix has anything to do with the actual production, even if it does end up on Netflix in some areas.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

It could air on Adult Swim Saturday’s before Toonami starts, next to Dragon Ball Super, at 7:00 cst/8:00 est. Both anime are aimed at children/teens anyway.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I have a hard time seeing Appmon on Cartoon Network in the US. That's a channel that said "happy trails" to Pokemon and Beyblade within the last year. Their designated early Saturdary morning purgatory slots are going to Justice League Action and Mega Man now that Transformers: Robots in Disguise is over. Those slots might have a few years worth of content already called for if Turner's at all interested in Transformers Cyberverse and the Bakugan reboot.

That said, I can see Appmon airing in English on Toonami ... Asia. That channel runs a lot of kids anime, like Yo-Kai Watch, Dragon Ball, second-generation Beyblade, Gaist Crusher, Beast Saga, etc. It would even be a quasi-return home since some of the earlier Digimon shows (including Data Squad, under its "Digimon Savers" name) aired on Cartoon Network in South East Asia. Whether or not that dub gets produced in the US probably depends on whether or not Turner believes they'll run Appmon in English elsewhere. For shows like Yo-Kai Watch, Gaist Crusher, Beast Saga, and Beywarriors Cyborg, they hired local Asian companies to do the dubs. Dragon Ball Super's Bang Zoom dub is a big exception for them. I assume they have plans to run that on some of their MENA channels that have picked up Super. Appmon would be a tossup. Digimon's definitely no stranger to Asian English dubs, but it's also something that could run in MENA and other markets.

And yes, Adventure Tri is the seventh official Digimon season. Toei sells it internationally in the movie format and as a 26 episode TV series. Xros Wars/Fusion/Fusion Battles is listed as a single 79 episode production on the websites for Toei Europe, Toei USA, and Toei Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Appmon on Cartoon Network in the US. That's a channel that said "happy trails" to Pokemon and Beyblade within the last year. Their designated early Saturdary morning purgatory slots are going to Justice League Action and Mega Man now that Transformers: Robots in Disguise is over. Those slots might have a few years worth of content already called for if Turner's at all interested in Transformers Cyberverse and the Bakugan reboot.
    What they have done, and what they will do have little to do with eachother. Based on the information we have, Turner has the show in a number of countries. In the US? We don't know, but it's reasonable based on what information we have. If they choose to air it themselves, CN is the most likely place they'd put it. Obviously none of these are guarantees, but it's the most reasonable guesses we have based on the information at hand.

That said, I can see Appmon airing in English on Toonami ... Asia. That channel runs a lot of kids anime, like Yo-Kai Watch, Dragon Ball, second-generation Beyblade, Gaist Crusher, Beast Saga, etc. It would even be a quasi-return home since some of the earlier Digimon shows (including Data Squad, under its "Digimon Savers" name) aired on Cartoon Network in South East Asia. Whether or not that dub gets produced in the US probably depends on whether or not Turner believes they'll run Appmon in English elsewhere. For shows like Yo-Kai Watch, Gaist Crusher, Beast Saga, and Beywarriors Cyborg, they hired local Asian companies to do the dubs. Dragon Ball Super's Bang Zoom dub is a big exception for them. I assume they have plans to run that on some of their MENA channels that have picked up Super. Appmon would be a tossup. Digimon's definitely no stranger to Asian English dubs, but it's also something that could run in MENA and other markets.
    Not overly relevant to the conversations at hand since few of us are from that region. Especially since often those regions are licensed entirely separate from where most of us live. Certainly it could end up there, and very well may, but that's not really relevant to us.

And yes, Adventure Tri is the seventh official Digimon season. Toei sells it internationally in the movie format and as a 26 episode TV series. Xros Wars/Fusion/Fusion Battles is listed as a single 79 episode production on the websites for Toei Europe, Toei USA, and Toei Japan.
    We know. Those who claim not to know (or disagree) are aware of it, they just choose to ignore it.

That said... catalog sites aren't the be all end all, as things are sometimes put together in weird ways for sales and cataloging purposes. More relevant is how they actually treat it. And Toei has pretty consistently treated Hunters as part of Xros and not a sequel, regardless of how the production itself was actually done.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

They do seem to like portraying Tagiru as the lead of his own season, though. At least in all of the 20th Anniversary merch. Similarly, they treat 17-yr-old Taichi almost like a separate protagonist from 11-yr-old Taichi so that both 'seasons' can have their own goggle boy. Hunters is just kind of a gray area.

Alternately... maybe they just want Tri to be Season 7 because Seven is a special number for the Digimon franchise?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    They do seem to like portraying Tagiru as the lead of his own season, though. At least in all of the 20th Anniversary merch. Similarly, they treat 17-yr-old Taichi almost like a separate protagonist from 11-yr-old Taichi so that both 'seasons' can have their own goggle boy. Hunters is just kind of a gray area.

Alternately... maybe they just want Tri to be Season 7 because Seven is a special number for the Digimon franchise?
    The 20th Anniversary merch was generally more 'protagonist' based than show based.

The handful of 20th Anniversary merchandise that used show titles/etc. always labeled the Hunters characters as part of Xros Wars alone (while 02 and tri. were always labeled separately from Adventure.)

Wait, so is Turner only going to air 39 eps out of 52 for the dub?

I come from the net
    So Turner has Appmon. They may air it on CN in the US. Which might put it on Sat, early in the morning. This would be annoying but I won't go on. I have a DVR so screw it. I think TF Cyberverse is airing on CN. Don't know. ...There's a Bakugan reboot coming? ...Why?

They'll likely screw it over and dump it on Boomerang, guaranteed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast