With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turner Has Licensed Appmon In Various Countries

Very exciting.

Curious as to how they'll market/advertise Appmon to people who may not be as familiar with Digimon as us.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    This is interesting, I wonder if Saban will have any role in this.. And if it's just Turner, how will they handle the marketing for it? For now, I'll just wait to see how things play out, since that's all we can do right now.

Follow Osuka On Twitter Add Osuka on Facebook
    This is really exciting news! I would love an finnish dub of Appmon.

While Hunters was given it's own subsite from Toei, it's pretty consistently referred to as "series 6" with a count of 79 episodes in various press releases. The interesting part is tri. counting as "Season 7".

I would love, love, love for Digimon to just have one consistent home in the U.S. one day.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    You know what? The good news about this is that Saban apparently won't be involved in the project Thanks God

I do see they will put it on Cartoon Network, or their other brand, Boomerang, with Digimon Adventures and the 02 cast too.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

We have not CartoonNetwork in Germany, I think.
    I hope they do not have the rights for Germany, too. ^^ Any US company is perverting a japanese licenses no metter if Saban, Cartoon Network or Netflix (Glitter Force >.<)

Well I suppose it'll be interesting to see what they cut or censor. Boing cut out the whole scene with the nude game avatars in episode 3.

Looks like Cartoon Network and Boomerang in Germany shut down as of March 1, 2017 and the way wikipedia reads it sounds like the only turner station left in the country is CNN which does not carry anime programming.

If we assume the deal was made 'before' it began to air in France (which isn't unreasonable), we can take a guess at the arrangement based on credits. (It's also possible that after airing on Boing Turner went to Toei wanting to expand, which could potentially change things further.)

The credits we've seen from the French version suggest the overall arrangement may be roughly the same as how Data Squad was handled in the US...

Toei produces the 'show' (dub and all), which is handled at a local dubbing studio by that studios staff, and Turner has simply licensed it for airing in any number of countries (potentially with some editing oversight based on their standards.)

As for the dub content itself, edits may be pre-done by Toei themselves, or Turner cut stuff down (or what I mentioned above.)

If Turner doesn't have a channel in a country their license covers, they'd license it to someone local. It's also possible any number of countries Turner doesn't intend to distribute to itself, and simply had to license it to get it in Europe, etc. and may sublicense it further (it's happened before.)

It'll be interesting to see what else we hear from this.

I could see any number of potential things for the US if Turner does have it in the US...

It ending up on CN would be an obvious choice. Turner not being interested in it at all for the US and sublicensing it to an anime company isn't something that would shock me. Turner offering it to the Adult Swim crew as something they have that the Adult Swim crew could use to fill a Toonami timeslot seems a vague possibility also.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Hopefully this means that we'll be getting a Hindi dub on Cartoon Network India soon, however much they plan on censoring it, since afaik CN India is also owned by Turner. It'll be a nice hearkening back to the old days when seasons Adventure through Data Squad were aired to completion on CN. Another possibility, if it DOES come to India is it airing on Toonami, with potentially the US dub track. Either way, I'm super hyped!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast