With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 English Home Video Discussion

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 English Home Video Discussion

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 has started to ship early in the USA for those who ordered directly from Shout.

The normal release will be on December 5th for those who ordered elsewhere.

Feel free to discuss anything about Part 3 here, the release, the story, etc.

It will also be out December in the UK, with an announcement for AU hopefully coming soon.

Please don't discuss later Parts of tri. for those who are waiting for the home video releases.

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 can be ordered here (Affiliate links.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession DVD

UK pre-orders can be found here... (Not affiliate links)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 DVD

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 can be ordered here (Affiliate links.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Blu-ray Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 DVD

The UK release can be found here (not affiliate links)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 DVD

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 can be ordered here (Affiliate links.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD

The UK release can be found here (not affiliate links)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 BD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD

Banned
    Add C-MC on Facebook Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel Add C-MC on Google+
    I know the dub hasn't officially come out yet, granted some people got it early from Shout but does anyone know who voiced Meiko's parents ?

Just watched the dub for Confession: Overall I liked it except for a few nitpicks... when Izzy talked about Alphamon and Jesmon he referred to them as ultimate level, and Tokomon sound super fuckin' weird like Gomamon on drugs lol, but other than that they did a great and Kate as Angewomon sounded very close to the OG version
    Last edited by Vande; 12-06-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: double post merge

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    when Izzy talked about Alphamon and Jesmon he referred to them as ultimate level
    From a certain point of view, that's technically correct

Banned
    Add C-MC on Facebook Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel Add C-MC on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    when Izzy talked about Alphamon and Jesmon he referred to them as ultimate level
    From a certain point of view, that's technically correct
    in the japanese version yes, in the dub no

Completely digital

Just watched the dub for Confession: Overall I liked it except for a few nitpicks... when Izzy talked about Alphamon and Jesmon he referred to them as ultimate level
    To be fair in the dub of episode 28 from series one Izzy incorrectly identifies the stars in Myotismon's castle as representing In-Training, Rookie, and Champion instead of Rookie, Champion, and Ultimate like they actually were. Maybe Izzy is just stupid about levels.

Heck you had episode 38 where Izzy refers to VenomMyotismon as a Mega-Ultimate level Digimon.

but other than that they did a great and Kate as Angewomon sounded very close to the OG version
    That's good to hear because my impression of her Gatomon voice was the same impression I had of her Sailor Mercury voice in the Viz Sailor Moon dub. Generic anime dub girl voice is generic.

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    So, late on the hype train (again!). My copy of the DVD arrived two days ago, and I took out the time to watch it yesterday. The quality was pristine, even for a DVD, and there were relatively few times when I realized I was experiencing the upscaling magic of my TV, and not watching an actual BluRay. The voice acting was great this time around too, though I had my nitpicks. For example, although I found Cherami Leigh as Biyomon slightly annoying, her stellar dialogues made up for a large part of it. It was kinda annoying the way they screwed up some of the semantics ("Digi-Devices" and "ultimate level", both twice), but that's to be expected for a returning cast. I didn't really see Tentomon ad-libbing all that much, the way Marc mentioned in the breakdown thread. I didn't even notice that Angewomon had a different voice actress till C-MC here pointed out that Kate Higgins voiced her. Seeing TK going through all this again was heartbreaking, and both his and Meiko's dialogues were on point, but something was off. Like, I cried like a little bitch when I saw the subbed version, but seeing this version barely made me cry, although it did make me a bit tearful. Overall, it makes me look forward to the rest of the parts being dubbed in English. This is the kind of Digimon dub we as the fans could get used to.

P.S.: As far as Bonus Features go, I didn't really watch the whole panel, but I noticed the whole 'Biyomon-Piyomon' inside joke with Colleen. And Jeff Nimoy continues to be the rockstar (not literally) he is.

Junior Commander
    I definitely think all the actors have hit their stride now, both old and new. They're all into it (or back into it) and seem very comfortable with the characters. Plus I think Laura Summer absolutely smashed it out of the park this time around. Such a great performance as Patamon. And even though I've watched Confession a couple times now, the emotion and loss really hit me this time. Could be because it's easier for me to interpret the emotions the actors are putting in, but I also think they've done a great job. The whole 'ultimate' and 'Digi-Devices' was a little irksome, but I never expect everything to be completely perfect.

Two things that really stood out for me though, were a couple small changes they made with two of TK's scenes. The first, right off the bat, Kari audibly comments on TK growing up, which he hears, rather than in the original where she just thinks it and he asks 'what?'. The second was when Matt and TK are talking, and TK says he's worried people will find out Matt's a lousy guitarist rather than worried about Matt's band breaking up. Now maybe the the changes were more to do with lip-syncing the dialogue, even though in the case of the former there's not a lot of lip movement to begin with, but they still really stood out to me for some reason. I'm probably just over analyzing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    P.S.: As far as Bonus Features go, I didn't really watch the whole panel, but I noticed the whole 'Biyomon-Piyomon' inside joke with Colleen. And Jeff Nimoy continues to be the rockstar (not literally) he is.
    Be sure to watch the whole thing as soon as you can! I thought it was fantastic!