With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacker's Memory Livestream, Fan Q&A, and Appmon eShop Removal

Hacker's Memory Livestream, Fan Q&A, and Appmon eShop Removal

A couple bits of game news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Famitsu will hold a Hacker's Memory livestream on nico on November 24th at 9:30pm (Japan time) that they've scheduled to last an hour and a half.

Hopefully we get confirmation of some more game details, with perhaps a few more Digimon announced...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A number of guests will be at the livestream including... Kaori Ishihara (Wormmon in Hacker's Memory), Kouji Watanabe (in charge of Cyber Sleuth subquest stories), Volcano Ota (directed the team that created Digimon and has been involved with the brand since it's creation, even after leaving Bandai), and Habu Kazumasa (producer of the Cyber Sleuth series.)

Hacker's Memory is scheduled for release on December 14th. The normal version will be 6,800 yen on PS4 while the Vita version will cost 5,700. The 20th Anniversary Editions will cost 10,300 yen for the Playstation 4 and 9,200 yen for the Vita.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory... (Affiliate Links)
    PS4
    PS4 Limited Edition
    Vita
    Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release on January 19th, 2018 in the US and the rest of the world.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Update- Bandai Namco Europe has announced a fan Q&A, separate from the Japanese livestream above.

Questions are submitted via Twitter and will be asked to an unnamed Hacker's Memory producer (likely Habu) in a Q&A interview video shortly.

In addition, we have a bit of Appmon news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Appmon 3DS game, along with the expanded Cybera Arena demo, will no longer be able to purchase or download after November 30th on the Nintendo eShop.

Not unexpected, but still sad.

Those who purchased the full game will still be able to redownload it after the removal date if it's not on their system.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    Wait why is Appmon being removed from the eShop? The only other game I remember being removed was... meme run, for copyright infringement.
    Why is Appmon being removed? Was it just not very successful? Even then it doesn't make sense for them to stop selling it digitally as a result.

CS Hacker's Memory news always get me hype for more content and ofcourse more digimon and about appmon, i dont know what failed, the whole game, the appmon idea or the plataform what was released on... since DW Redigitize decode being only in japan even on the "best selling system" i guess the best idea was release appmon game as a paid app for android (maybe IOS), if square did why not bandai? not every app must be free with premium content.

Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    Wait why is Appmon being removed from the eShop? The only other game I remember being removed was... meme run, for copyright infringement.
    Why is Appmon being removed? Was it just not very successful? Even then it doesn't make sense for them to stop selling it digitally as a result.
    Other games have been removed, it's just not often advertised.

Show is over. It's likely no longer worth Bandai's effort to keep dealing with potential customer service, etc.

The game wasn't a good seller due to when it was released and the price (it's picked up since then, but it'd be hard to claim it was a successful game.)

Removing it before the New Year may also give them the ability to write off part of it for tax purposes based on certain things.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    I'll be sure to check in for some of that stream footage.

Sucks that Appmon did so bad for them. Their own fault though.

I come from the net
    Well that's sad. ...I wonder if we'd ever get that game over here. But oh well. ...I do remember that we never heard about games being taken off the eShop.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Well that's sad. ...I wonder if we'd ever get that game over here. But oh well. ...I do remember that we never heard about games being taken off the eShop.
    Appmon hasn't aired in the west, realising a game for it here doesn't make sense

I'm going digital
    aww yiss more God Habumon livestream is always good. About Appmo removal from eshop, it's usual for them, mostly to prevent taxes. This happens when the first Project X Zone was also removed. Probably bcos of the licensing or something else.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Appmon hasn't aired in the west, realising a game for it here doesn't make sense
    I meant if/when they bring it over here. Sorry.

Added details of a Bandai Namco Europe fan Q&A.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast