With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digimon with multiple official levels

Quote Originally Posted by Marwan View Post
    Great job, man! Can you specify how to evolve into those Digimon? For example, who evolves to Tailmon, Evilmon, Gokimon, etc.?
    That's harder, because you get these Digimons by merging them with an item called "New Digitama" (similar to Jogres/DNA). The thing is that you can merge any Child Digimon onwards, which means that I would need to take an Agumon and merge it with every other Digimon (Child, Adult and Perfect), then Betamon and merge it with every other Digimon, and so on. I did it with every Child, but to include every Adult and Perfect available is another thing. I will post it on the new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudamon View Post
    Back when DW1 was out, there was no mega level Digimon. If you look at the suppose Mega level Digimon, like Phoenixmon, it was consider as ultimate.
    I checked this yesterday. Actually they already existed, since Pendulum 1 and Pendulum 2 came out before Digimon World. I guess that is just that the developers didn't have time left to include them on the game, since the Pendulums were only released 2-3 months before Digimon World did.

Pendulum 1 was released on October/1998
    Pendulum 2 was released on December/1998
    Digimon World was released on January/1999

Pendulum 1.5 was released also on January, I think early January, but I would need to recheck that, since I'm not sure. All I can tell now is that there is no specific date available.

Ain't got no mojo... ZeedMillenniummon89's Avatar
    Follow ZeedMillenniummon89 On Twitter Add ZeedMillenniummon89 on Steam
    Poyomon, a Fresh-level Digimon, was a In-Training Digimon in the DS games (World DS, Dawn/Dusk, and Lost Evolution). As Fresh-level Digimon were not in these games and thus In-Training is your Digimon's first stage. Botamon, Puttimon, and Chicomon were similarly turned into In-Training Digimon in Dawn/Dusk and Lost Evolution.
    If the world's past is destroyed, then history can be altered. Heheheh... Digimon data will be sent from the future world to the world of the past, to create my new world... Hahaha! Won't it be fantastic? All human, Digimon, and network data will be transformed into a world that exists for my sake! Fwahahaha!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Thatís really just a dub thing. The original games simply referred to them all as Baby, without specifying Baby I or Baby II.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Wasn't that to tie into Data Squad? I remember Fresh and In-Training being merged into a single Baby level in that series as well.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Thatís really just a dub thing. The original games simply referred to them all as Baby, without specifying Baby I or Baby II.
    and now the dub has followed, with Fresh being renamed to "In Training I" and In Training to "In Training II". Fresh hasn't been used since whatever game had it before DS.

I think it's fair to count it because you had stuff like Botamon going directly to Rookie.

Ain't got no mojo... ZeedMillenniummon89's Avatar
    Follow ZeedMillenniummon89 On Twitter Add ZeedMillenniummon89 on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

I think it's fair to count it because you had stuff like Botamon going directly to Rookie.
    All four of the Digimon I mentioned went straight to Rookie in said games. Poyomon evolves to Gomamon/Kamemon/Crabmon, Botamon evolves to BlackAgumon/Candlemon, Puttimon evolves to Kudamon/PawnChessmon/Salamon, and Chicomon evolves to Veemon/SnowAgumon.
    If the world's past is destroyed, then history can be altered. Heheheh... Digimon data will be sent from the future world to the world of the past, to create my new world... Hahaha! Won't it be fantastic? All human, Digimon, and network data will be transformed into a world that exists for my sake! Fwahahaha!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeedMillenniummon89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

All four of the Digimon I mentioned went straight to Rookie in said games. Poyomon evolves to Gomamon/Kamemon/Crabmon, Botamon evolves to BlackAgumon/Candlemon, Puttimon evolves to Kudamon/PawnChessmon/Salamon, and Chicomon evolves to Veemon/SnowAgumon.
    Indeed, my post was supporting you.

Red shirt
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    For the most part, I think some of these alternate levels can be dismissed. Ultimates in games where Perfect was the highest stage, BabyI and BabyII being lumped together into one stage, Armors being Level IV (like Adults) in the card game, etc. Cases like Whamon, Syakomon, and Minotaurmon seem more worthy of mention. BTW, BlackTailmon being a Child in Digital Card Arena seems to be a consequence of Tailmon itself being a Child (due to the 02 era treating Tailmon as such when it loses its Holy Ring, with the Holy Ring variant being treated as a pseudo evolution in the D-3 toys and other media; I guess because the Virus counterpart doesn't have a ring at all, they figured to shaft it in that game).

On another note, Baby being two separate stages (despite both being portrayed as utterly useless in battle) seems to be a relic of Digimon's Tamagotchi-based origins. With that said, I can kinda see why the DS Story games tried to merge the two, though I am glad that Cyber Sleuth went back to tradition and re-established the two stages separately (even if the BabyI stage in CS has a scant five Digimon to its name, at least for now).

Incidentally, I don't think it ever was officially stated whether Arkadimon Baby is a BabyI or a BabyII. It hatched straight from a Digitama, but later media would depict BabyIIs (ex. Koromon in Savers) and even higher stages (ex. Guilmon) hatching from eggs. Also worth noting that, up until Savers, there was usually only one BabyII paired with every BabyI, and with Arkadimon having its own exclusive Baby stage, it makes sense for it to act as both. At any rate, we should finally have our answer with the release of Hacker's Memory (I'm hoping for a BabyI that Warp evolves straight to its Child form, personally).

I think another one that is missing is Whamon. It shows Whamon as an adult, and then there is Whamon perfect.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    I think digimon that are different levels than usual in material that doesn't have or distinguish their usual levels (Baby I in the earlier story games, Megas in digimon world, Hybrids in things that don't include hybrid as a level, etc.) are less notable for this phenomenon than digimon that have a different level when their normal level is available (Perfect Syakomon in VPet Ver.S, Whamon and Minotarumon, possibly the odd uses of Armor digimon at least as far as which armors are treated like which levels).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast