With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Topography DigiWorld

Topography DigiWorld

Hey guys,

we know that events in individual universes are not going to go all together. Although one can assume that some of the "nulll canon" events are common to all universes.

What do you think about topography?

OK, Let's assume that all Digital Worlds have a wasteland and a Net Ocean.

What do you think, all the worlds have: File Island, Folder Continent, Forest of the Gods, WWW Continent, Trash Hole, Demon's Valley? Or other known areas like Coela Beach or Dragon's Eye Lake...

Or is it only applies to certain universes?

Of course, we also take into account the possibility that it may be File Island, although it was not named or that it once existed, but now it is something else.

And what do you think all worlds have in common with topography?

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Follow MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    probably all of them are different, though they probably share some similaritys since the digital world is born of the human worlds technology and each parallel earth in the digimon multiverse seems to resemble ours.
    some times we do get stuff like File Island reappearing, i guess for the reason i stated though some things are only common in some digiworlds, like the "temples" of the Holy Beasts or a celestial plane like in Xros Wars, which both seem to be missing in Adventure Verse.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I doubt that there's anything that's guaranteed. Server continent seems to replace Folder continent in the Adventure universe. File Island would seem not to exist in the Frontier universe, if I'm remembering the world map correctly. Those are a couple examples.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

There is no official Digital world map from Adventure verse, I hope one day they publish it, as they did with DB/DBZ world map, with locations of major battles/events

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    We do at least have maps of File Island and Server continent, though the events shown are all from Adventure.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

The only Digital World’s in the Digimon anime multiverse that are similar to Adventure’s are Frontier’s and Savers. They all have large continents, and are depicted as being “Earth” like and spherical, so I can see places like File Island and Server possibly existing in those in universes.

The Digital World’s from Tamers and Xros Wars are completely different, they are made up of different dimensions within themselves. Although there’s a small possibility that some places from the Adventure universe could exist within those pocket dimensions and zones in Xros Wars.

I think one thing they all seem to share in common is the dark area.

Besides this, most worlds seems to have their own topography. The only world seems to be somehow similar to the original world (the one from the V-Pets) is the world where V-Tamer happens (and that was before the V-pet world got expanded in the Chronicle and Twin storylines).

Adventure seems to be somehow a world similar to the V-Pet's world (at least, at the same extend V-Tamer was), but with differences (Server instead of Folder, Adventure's File Island seem to be different from V-Pet's one, etc.). The other worlds are different, and some in a wild way (like the Tamers' world).

I guess that File Island is the most common trait in the Digital World (common as in "almost all worlds have it").