With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Part 2 Blu-ray and DVD Coming to Australia in February 2018

tri. Part 2 Blu-ray and DVD Coming to Australia in February 2018

North American and UK fans have their release of this, but out Australian fans have been waiting for even an announcement...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Our Aussie friends have waited long enough though!

Madman in Australia has listed Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 on their 'Business 2 Business' catalog website with the full title of "Digimon Adventure Tri. Part 2 - Determination"

Blu-ray
    DVD

The expected release date is February 21st. Blu-ray will be $35 and DVD will be $30

Both are listed as one disk with both English and Japanese audio, and English subtitles, same as Part 1's release.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Most of the information appears to be relatively basic stand-in info and they are currently using the tri. Part 2 poster art as a stand in image for the cover.

The plot description they give is...
    Time has passed since Alphamon appeared and restoration has begun in Odaiba.

When another infected Digimon an Ogremon appears and begins to wreak havoc on Odaiba, Mimi and Palmon spring into action. But in their haste to show the world that there are good Digimon, their battle brings about unforeseen consequences.

The adventure now evolves once again...

The expectation should probably be that, much like the UK disk, the US Shout Factory disc will be used as a base for this release.

Glad our Aussie friends will be able to join us after a bit of a wait. Hopefully tri. Part 3 comes to them a bit quicker.

The USA/NA release from Shout Factory came out almost 3 months ago and we did a full breakdown.
    The UK release from Manga UK just came out a couple days ago.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting it until 2018. It's weird that it's so far behind all the other releases. We had chapter 1 only a month after everyone else IIRC.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Airdramon View Post
    I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting it until 2018. It's weird that it's so far behind all the other releases. We had chapter 1 only a month after everyone else IIRC.
    Best guess I have, Madman may have wanted to wait to commit to more than Part 1 until licensing details for the rest could be hashed out?

At this point Shout has 'told us' they have more, but won't say what, and even that they only mentioned a few days ago, so perhaps this is related.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.