With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Updated tri. Part 3 UK Blu-ray and DVD Covers

Updated tri. Part 3 UK Blu-ray and DVD Covers

Time for a bit of a change on an announced product.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We got the UK coverart for tri. Part 3 in the UK a few weeks ago and no one saw the art they used coming, but they've gone ahead and changed it to something a bit more expected

The updated cover art is the home video art for tri. Part 3 from Japan.

The prior art shown was used as the cover (and internally) for the September 2016 issue of Animedia.

The Blu-ray is once again listed with a slipcase, reversible insert, poster, and art cards.
    The DVD is listed as a standard DVD once again.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The prices are currently showing as 19.99 for the Blu-ray and 14.99 for the DVD and is announced as coming out on December 26th.

And if you want to pre-order it early.... (Not affiliate links)

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 DVD

tri. Part 2 came out yesterday in the UK!!

Prior thread about tri. Part 3 in the UK is here.

Thanks to Taichi101ja for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Poke-Artist's Avatar
    Follow Poke-Artist On Twitter Add Poke-Artist on Steam Follow Poke-Artist on DeviantArt Visit Poke-Artist's Youtube Channel Visit Poke-Artist's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Time for a bit of a change on an announced product.

The updated cover art is the home video art for tri. Part 3 from Japan.

The prior art shown was used as the cover (and internally) for the September 2016 issue of Animedia.
    This is brilliant news! I actually was pretty down that Part 3 was not going to have the home video release cover and when i received Part 2 the other day i changed it to the posters so i would have them all matching. I never had any issue with the previous cover , i actually liked it a lot but i prefer them all to be based off the original Japanese releases or to be something completely new to the UK/US.

So now i can change back Part 1 and 2 to the Original Japanese release covers and look forward to Part 3 to follow on from that and add that to my collection

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Artist View Post
    So now i can change back Part 1 and 2 to the Original Japanese release covers and look forward to Part 3 to follow on from that and add that to my collection
    Ironically I was looking at the cover today and had just gotten used to the new art (though I noticed the second image had the Japanese cover, which at the time I thought was a mistake.) I like to reverse the cover so you have the action poster on the box, with the original art on the cardboard sleeve.
    Last edited by McGann; 11-07-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    How random. I guess enough people moaned to them. Good to see Izzy actually gets on there like he should've properly in the first place (he was just hidden in the corner of the other one)

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    How random. I guess enough people moaned to them. Good to see Izzy actually gets on there like he should've properly in the first place (he was just hidden in the corner of the other one)
    More likely is they had a number of covers and put that one up as a standby while they were waiting on final approval from Toei.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Poke-Artist's Avatar
    Follow Poke-Artist On Twitter Add Poke-Artist on Steam Follow Poke-Artist on DeviantArt Visit Poke-Artist's Youtube Channel Visit Poke-Artist's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    Ironically I was looking at the cover today and had just gotten used to the new art (though I noticed the second image had the Japanese cover, which at the time I thought was a mistake.) I like to reverse the cover so you have the action poster on the box, with the original art on the cardboard sleeve.
    I personally prefer them the other way round. The poster on the inside case and the original art on the front. Once they are all eventually released i may change mind, it depends on how i am going to display them and how they all look together in the end.

Updates news about tri. Part 3 in the UK is here.