With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334

Thread: The "Lost" Digimon

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Soul Chaser is one of those Korean games, though, so I'd take anything in there with a grain of salt. Playable unique Kodokugumon seems about as official as Citramon and Sleipmon Burst Mode.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    KoDokugumon at least is its own thing. Besides Xros Wars itís gotten several guide book entries.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Also I'm pretty sure that 7D6 itself isn't a Digimon but rather a Digital Lifeform that is simply equivalent to an Ultimate/Mega level Digimon, similar to upper tier D-Reaper Agents like Jeri's doppelganger.

The same applies to NEO as well as its profile explicitly states that it is a digital lifeform that can't be classified as a "Digimon".
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure that 7D6 itself isn't a Digimon but rather a Digital Lifeform that is simply equivalent to an Ultimate/Mega level Digimon, similar to upper tier D-Reaper Agents like Jeri's doppelganger.

The same applies to NEO as well as its profile explicitly states that it is a digital lifeform that can't be classified as a "Digimon".
    I think another one that applies of a Digital Lifeform is one of that of DeathX-mon or in English transition, Dexmon. Dexmon do not have a digi-core, so it is not consider a Digimon, but I think the lifeform needs a new life in media. It has been lost since the 2005 movie.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Death-X-mon is anything but "lost". Aside from having a medal in Hacker's Memory, it made an unplayable boss appearance in Re: Digitize Decode. And now that X Digimon are a big deal again, I'd say the odds are pretty good that it's gonna be playing a role in the near future.

And Death-X-mon's flavor text, as with many profiles, should be taken with a grain of salt. Besides, I doubt it's the only descriptor where its status as a Digimon was brought into question (Culumon comes to mind, and I'm sure there are other Digimon that seemingly lack a Digicore as well). And unlike N.E.O. and Yggdrasil, it follows the typical "mon" naming convention, plus it evolves from other Digimon (namely the DORU series), so it should by all rights be considered a Digimon. Incidentally, "Dexmon" is how it's pronounced in Japanese (for some reason, "Death-X-mon" and "Death-X-evolution" have those English spellings, yet they're actually said like デクス "dekusu" as opposed to "death" and "X" being said separately). Seems like yet another case of Bandai of America screwing up the Romanization, though I'm guessing it's also because they didn't want the word "death" to be in a Digimon's name (the English version of Digimon has been very picky about not associating that word with Digimon or their attacks, thus Deathmon being changed to Ghoulmon..... though I guess that can change now that the franchise isn't strictly aimed at children now, which seems apparent, ironically enough, in the botched spelling of Paildramon's Desperado Blaster, Death Parade Blaster).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 07-08-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Add Tero on DeviantArt
    In cards N.E.O can evolve from any adult digimon so I guess that makes it a digimon too.(At least in cards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    And Death-X-mon's flavor text, as with many profiles, should be taken with a grain of salt. Besides, I doubt it's the only descriptor where its status as a Digimon was brought into question (Culumon comes to mind, and I'm sure there are other Digimon that seemingly lack a Digicore as well). And unlike N.E.O. and Yggdrasil, it follows the typical "mon" naming convention, plus it evolves from other Digimon (namely the DORU series), so it should by all rights be considered a Digimon.
    but who is to say digimon can't become another types of monsters/programs? i mean in evolution 1 type of creature can become a completely different kind of life forms also dorumon is an acronym for "digimon or unknown monsters" so dexmon might just be that unknown type of monsters
    Last edited by shaikgb; 07-09-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334