With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The "Lost" Digimon

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    So I just happened to look at Plesiomon X's profile, and it hints at the possibility of a form change. And I recall seeing alternate forms hinted at in other Digimon's profiles as well, though I can't remember them off the top of my head. This got me to thinking: could we compose a list of all Digimon whose lore hints at a potential alternate form (or even an evolution)?

Speaking of which, I don't know if I brought it up earlier in the thread, but in Cyber Sleuth's story, Duftmon attempts to evolve into a Super Ultimate. Kinda interesting that they never had him succeed at that, even though Leopard Mode kinda acts like a Super Ultimate in that game (at least statwise). Makes me wonder if he has a potential Super Ultimate form apart from Leopard Mode (and maybe his X-Antibody variant).
    Deja vu on Plesiomon X's profile... I'm sure "form" of Plesiomon X in the fantasy is actually their hallucination of the enemies who caught in the mist. Unless if Plesiomon X actually have another hidden new attack that designed for "Fantasy Mist" to invade inside their mind.

Leopard Mode is no different from Imperialdramon Fighter Mode whose is meant for combat while Leopard Mode is speedy type or hit and run.

"Lost" Digimon. Yeah WHAT ABOUT YANMAMON? Minotaurmon. Yeah I am still waiting for other seven types of Volcamon for years... Like how I waited for Olympus twelve after Marsmon and other 3 ones appeared.... So I have to be patient for new evolution lines of the "forgotten" Digimon ones, Vortex Warriors, Seven types of Volcamon evolution, Ogremon's Perfect level form, more new Angel types and Chaosmon's Sleip Arm. If possible, V-mon, Hawkmon, and Armadimon need their own evo lines with no jogresses.

I think Gigadramon is completely abandoned.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Yanmamon, Minotaurmon, and Gigadramon have all been used fairly recently.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Yanmamon, Minotaurmon, and Gigadramon have all been used fairly recently.

Yanmamon and Minotaru's last proper appearances were in Super Xros Wars, from 8 years ago. Other than that, they were, like almost everything else in existence slapped on a card in Crusader/Heroes, which almost doesn't count. Both have been missing from proper games for quite some time.

and I'm even counting Links and ReArise in "proper" games, as they use 3D models. Heroes/Crusader is no different to just being a medal in Cyber Sleuth IMO.

I guess it depends on if we count 2011 as recent. Interesting to note that Yanmamon doesn't even have a DRB profile.

Gigadramon though, is one of the copy pasted dudes from Cyber Sleuth that will be in literally everything for the next 50 years. So he's in CS, HM, DWNO, Links, ReArise, and Encounters. Not sure why he was listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Yanmamon and Minotaru's last proper appearances were in Super Xros Wars, from 8 years ago. Other than that, they were, like almost everything else in existence slapped on a card in Crusader/Heroes, which almost doesn't count. Both have been missing from proper games for quite some time.
    But that has nothing to do with Digimon being actually forgotten. Only because their appearances they got don’t fit some arbitrary definition of “proper” doesn’t mean they are "lost".
    Even if Yanmamon’s last appearance was a Yanmamon shaped hole in the corner of a rock texture used only on the far side of a wall in an area of a level that the player can’t reach, it would still prove that bandai and their employees are aware of Yanmamon’s existence… but they also know that there’s not enough fans caring about it to justify him getting featured in the spotlight.

Heroes/Crusader is no different to just being a medal in Cyber Sleuth IMO.
    Except you can’t fight or interact with medals.
    The Digimon in those games have proper stats, types, special techniques, evolution lines, all balanced and usable.
    Functionally they are just as properly integrated into the game with potentially as much programmatic complexity as Digimon in the Story games are.
    And even visually It’s not like the DS games, with their single maybe 4 frame walking animation on the overworld map and a single battle Idle animation paired with damage and attack poses that had like two frames each, were not an exercise in minimalism themselves.

I come from the net
    Yes they appeared. But as medal collections made me sad. Appeared in Xros? I forgot so fast...

Gigadramon in the most game appearances yes... Just it's easy to remodel Megadramon then put it in there. The problem thing is, I kept forgetting to evolve into Gigadramon while always select Megadramon to obtain by evolving just because they have same animations. Because. No unique animations in Gigadramon which is why I tend to forget a lot. Like other recolors in Next Order and other games, I was so glad those recolor ones appeared in NO and other games but few months later.... I forgot. Maybe I forget them because they don't have unique animations separates from their original counterparts? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Grovyle48 View Post
    I worry about Hyokomon -> Buraimon -> Butenmon -> Chronomon. They haven't been referenced in anything since Digimon Story Lost Evolution.
    true...
    Miss him so much

Hyokomon chan and Ophanimon Core , ChaosDukemon Core
    Atsumaru Kokoro wa Tatakau Tsuyosa ni Naru Yo!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Yeah, Theigno is right. A Digimon isn’t “lost” just because it isn’t constantly in something.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    True, and I suppose that's the point of this thread - I just wanted to clarify what said actual appearances were. Plus I feel like it's "taunting" in a way. "ha, your fave isn't playable, enjoy this medal. thats all you get of him." the ideal situation is just they keep the 341 hackers memory (or 336 without the NX forms) and add to them for the next 10+ years. (and I guess some people will want the x forms and recolours from links/dwno thrown in as well)

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Yeah, the only Digimon I really consider "lost" are those who have yet to see an official profile, probably have no official artwork to speak of, made all of ONE appearance in any form of media (slightly more than that if they're lucky; the even more unlucky ones haven't even made that appearance and are only implied or suggested to exist, like the evil Hybrid fusions or the seven Volcamon evolutions), and in a lot of cases, their status as unique Digimon is even worth bringing into question (like Etemon Chaos or the numerous Xros Wars combinations, or something like Burpmon). Things like Red V-dramon and Kiimon (both of which have been miraculously revived in more recent times), the bizarrely ignored Blikmon, the Trailmon variants (except maybe Worm, who's practically a Frontier mascot, though it wasn't in the card game, so make of that what you will), almost anything that debuted in Digimon World 3, Digimon World 2's Chaos recolors, most of the final bosses in Story games, etc.

Things like the medals in Cyber Sleuth, those Digimon are underutilized, but they're far from being forgotten. If anything, giving them even a minor cameo appearance like that shows that Bamco recognizes them as unique species of Digimon (even oddities like Agumon Hakase) and gives some hope that they will be playable in a future title.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 07-05-2019 at 05:07 PM.

I come from the net
    Okay so "Lost" Digimon are basically the ones only appeared once and never resurface ever again like BEMmon, Blikmon, Cardmon series, etc?
    Hmm honestly they are kinda unique and easily remembered. If there is or are "Lost" ones that never make enough impression so deep on fans... It'd be those contest winner digimons, "Gaiamon", Bumon, Pipimon (Even it got profile but never made in any newer games), V-Pet ones like Burpmon, Batterymon (Etc) which it made me wonder why they never bring them to newer V-pet devices.... And Bun.

Plus I feel like it's "taunting" in a way. "ha, your fave isn't playable, enjoy this medal. thats all you get of him." the ideal situation is just they keep the 341 hackers memory (or 336 without the NX forms) and add to them for the next 10+ years. (and I guess some people will want the x forms and recolours from links/dwno thrown in as well)
    That... Hurts.