With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 LastLast

Thread: The "Lost" Digimon

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    So I just happened to look at Plesiomon X's profile, and it hints at the possibility of a form change. And I recall seeing alternate forms hinted at in other Digimon's profiles as well, though I can't remember them off the top of my head. This got me to thinking: could we compose a list of all Digimon whose lore hints at a potential alternate form (or even an evolution)?

Speaking of which, I don't know if I brought it up earlier in the thread, but in Cyber Sleuth's story, Duftmon attempts to evolve into a Super Ultimate. Kinda interesting that they never had him succeed at that, even though Leopard Mode kinda acts like a Super Ultimate in that game (at least statwise). Makes me wonder if he has a potential Super Ultimate form apart from Leopard Mode (and maybe his X-Antibody variant).

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    So I just happened to look at Plesiomon X's profile, and it hints at the possibility of a form change. And I recall seeing alternate forms hinted at in other Digimon's profiles as well, though I can't remember them off the top of my head. This got me to thinking: could we compose a list of all Digimon whose lore hints at a potential alternate form (or even an evolution)?

Speaking of which, I don't know if I brought it up earlier in the thread, but in Cyber Sleuth's story, Duftmon attempts to evolve into a Super Ultimate. Kinda interesting that they never had him succeed at that, even though Leopard Mode kinda acts like a Super Ultimate in that game (at least statwise). Makes me wonder if he has a potential Super Ultimate form apart from Leopard Mode (and maybe his X-Antibody variant).
    My assumption was that they were referring to Leopard Mode, since as you said, it was equal to Ultra Digimon with 25 memory cost and super high stats, and it already a mode change for him. I guess, for some reason, he wasn't able to reach this form on his own yet, even tho technically you can mode change whenever.

PileVolcamon's profile states that's he's just one of seven Volcamon Mega forms, so I suppose we don't know any of the others outside of Ancient.

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Oh, right. PileVolcamon. I think that was the one whose profile I couldn't recall earlier.

And yeah, Leopard Mode's in a strange spot in that, gameplay-wise, it's very easily accessible once the player has a Duftmon, and even acts like a Super Ultimate (despite not being identified as such). Yet, for whatever reason, it makes no appearance in the story whatsoever. Could the Duftmon in the story have been able to transform into it at any moment he pleased? Was it the Super Ultimate he was trying to become at the top of the government building? It's never made clear, but I'd like to think that the two are indeed separate and Duftmon has a true Super Ultimate form just waiting to be revealed at some point (especially since we can use more confirmed Super Ultimates with the Data attribute..... assuming they don't troll us and make Duftmon suddenly turn into yet another Vaccine just for the hell of it).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 07-03-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Ikakkumon's profile mentions brown fur but we never got a recolour. The Bancho Digimon used to be like that and were mentioned but they actually went back and made them in 2010 or 2011.

I never read Plesiomon X's profile before. It has very interesting lore. I wonder if it's based on anything?

It has taken on a beautiful figure that feels so noble and elegant that some researchers have said that it is related to the legend of a tragic bard who was unable to see themself as a dragon and sang about their deepening sorrow, and it very rarely makes an appearance. It now releases its "Fantasy Mist", in which it wraps the listener in a fantasy with the melodies it plays using its long barbels. Furthermore, it is said that Plesiomon has another form within this fantasy, but it is unclear.
    Last edited by flintlock; 07-03-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Let's not forget the Vortex Warriors of MedievalDukemon profile

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Plesiomon X's profile looks a little rough. I wonder if it's been properly translated. "A tragic bard who was unable to see themself as a dragon" doesn't make logical or grammatical sense.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Where does it say these "Decode" profiles in the game? other than WarGreymon and BWG X, theyre not playable, so it's weird there seem to be a bunch of profiles for X forms from Decode?

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Where does it say these "Decode" profiles in the game? other than WarGreymon and BWG X, theyre not playable, so it's weird there seem to be a bunch of profiles for X forms from Decode?
    The game has profiles for all Digimon you can obtain as cards.
    Decode also had a handful of playable X-Digimon besides Wargreymon and BlackWarGreymon X btw.
    Last edited by Theigno; 07-04-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Ah okay, card profiles are neat then. That would be cool for them to use with the medals/cards of the recent games too.

and huh, if Wikimon is anything to go by, youre right. the gamefaqs evolution guide only includes some of those X forms listed on Wikimon, so I guess it wasn't complete information.
    Last edited by Muur; 07-04-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Right now, with the emergence of X-Antibody Digimon, I do not know if they belong into the lost category. Look at Gomamon X. He was not in anything, and then they place him in the X2. If they decide with a X3, we will have even more Digimon, even ones from the past.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time