With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

Thread: The "Lost" Digimon

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    and yeah, the reference book has been a bit lame recently: spammed X forms for 6 months[...]
    Besides the obvious reason of Promotion the Digital Monster X, I don't see how including lesser used Digimon that plenty of fans have been decrying as "forgotten" would be considered "spamming".

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    Really, when it comes to Digimon that not only have official art, but have also been very active recently, it's a wonder how they weren't already in there (same goes for last month's addition of IceDevimon).
    The reference book has never been about listing Digimon in order of popularity or appearrances so that expectation is kind of flawed from the start (remember, the regular Agumon wasn't added until around 2017 IIRC).

Though, after they couldn't even bother to remove the background for Kuzuhamon Miko Mode, I am a bit worried about how cheap they're gonna go about things. Hopefully, they don't just resort to using sprites and anime screenshots (as Wikimon is forced to do for Digimon that simply don't exist anywhere else), but it might be too much to expect them to whip up illustrations for Ketomon and Kiimon anytime soon.
    We got proper art for Digimon that were exclusive to the Xros Wars Manga before so I wouldn't worry about that. Not that the expectation would be that they would create illustrations especially for the reference book (as interesting as it is for us hardcore Digimon nerds, it's not something that I see as especially importand/high priority marketing wise), the general situation is more that they'd have those illustrations lying around from way back when those monsters were first designed for general usage/reference but they don't always get used immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Every single Fusion/Xros counting as a species pisses me off tbh. Especially the ones they couldn't be botehred naming, like XrosUpGumdramon (name). At least the other ones like GolemJijiTortomon had names, so they're more acceptable. Hunters is where they started being really lame
    That the "xros up" Digimon should be counted as their own separate species is something that Wikimon arbitrarily defined for their purposes and not something that the show itself ever pushed much. So it seems strange to complain about something lazy when it might not even align with what's been officially intended. From the perspective of the Hunters writers Xros Up (whatever) is barely different than what Tamers did when Renamon grew sickles after a Card Slash with a Snimon card or Digimon getting others abilities after absorbing their data.

I'm totally with you on this. I think I said this way earlier in the thread, but I honestly wouldn't mind if a lot of these things get left behind
    Luckily, that seems to be exactly what is happening anyway.

Part of me wonders if most Xrosses were even designed and/or approved by Bamco, or if Toei was just given free reign to screw around with the concept. If the latter were to be the case, it would mean these are little more than glorified fanmade Digimon.
    Even though no fans were involved?
    though yes, I am baffled as to why they didn't just count Leopard Mode as a Super Ultimate, especially since there was a severe lack of them with the Data attribute
    Perhaps they realized that attempting to mess with existing lore for the sake of game mechanics is kind of silly, but especially when those two things are mutually exclusive anyway.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    If that was the case, the 15 SU Digimon wouldn't be SU.

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    That the "xros up" Digimon should be counted as their own separate species is something that Wikimon arbitrarily defined for their purposes and not something that the show itself ever pushed much. So it seems strange to complain about something lazy when it might not even align with what's been officially intended. From the perspective of the Hunters writers Xros Up (whatever) is barely different than what Tamers did when Renamon grew sickles after a Card Slash with a Snimon card or Digimon getting others abilities after absorbing their data.
    Somehow, I wouldn't put it past Bamco to suddenly post a profile for Shadow Sickle Renamon. I guess we'll just have to see what the future holds, but I'm hoping all of these Xros Up power-ups remain just that, power-ups, and don't make an even bigger mess of the official Digimon roster than it already is (same with several DigiXroses).

Part of me wonders if most Xrosses were even designed and/or approved by Bamco, or if Toei was just given free reign to screw around with the concept. If the latter were to be the case, it would mean these are little more than glorified fanmade Digimon.
    Even though no fans were involved?
    I did say "glorified", implying that they might as well be fanmade despite appearing in official media. Kinda like how some might describe Dragon Ball GT as being a glorified fanfic.

Perhaps they realized that attempting to mess with existing lore for the sake of game mechanics is kind of silly, but especially when those two things are mutually exclusive anyway.
    But if you're talking game mechanics, Duftmon Leopard Mode was already a Super Ultimate in practically everything but name (highest memory cost and stat total, but still described in-game as just an Ultimate). And what existing lore? So far as I'm aware, Leopard Mode has had pretty much zero story involvement up to that point (though granted, I'm not too familiar with the mobile games). Hell, it doesn't even appear in Cyber Sleuth's own story (ironic, considering Duftmon's attempt to evolve into a Super Ultimate at Tokyo Tower). And again, I doubt anyone really considered Belphemon Rage Mode to count as a Super Ultimate, just an alternate form to the Ultimate Belphemon Sleep Mode.

nobody is commenting on how Golemon was in both Cyber Sleuth games? I don't know why they were included

Quote Originally Posted by SparkGold View Post
    nobody is commenting on how Golemon was in both Cyber Sleuth games? I don't know why they were included
    I'm not sure how this connects to the topic. Golemon (unlike his DW variant) has always been a fairly widely used Digimon with plenty of appearances including 3 of the Animes (from the top of my head) so his inclusion shouldn't be surprising...

Visit Zavier's Youtube Channel Add Zavier on DeviantArt Add Zavier on Google+
    Um, Golemon wasn't in Cyber Sleuth. It was only in Hacker's Memory.
    Look, a signature.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    He's only in Hacker's Memory although even without that, he's shown up in the anime quite often (02, tamers, frontier, fusion, and tri). so he's only missing from two seasons

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    Please tell me you were thinking about the PS1 version of Golemon (a Digimon that's actually been neglected) and somehow forgot to check if that was the particular Golemon to appear in Hacker's Memory. Golemon, as in the one that doesn't resemble a wireframe Yukidarumon, is anything but a forgotten Digimon.

Speaking of PS1, we need more King Sukamon in our life
    Last edited by Lord Bearmon; 05-01-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Scumon Daiou did appear in at least one of the more recent Digimon World games. I guess he's good enough to reuse but not good enough to get his own art and profile. Or maybe he's just a big Scumon who likes makeshift jewelry.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast