With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much more Mega can you get?

Ain't got no mojo...

How much more Mega can you get?

So I'm sure we've all noticed this at some point or another. WarGreymon, Mega rank digimon, digivolves again into Omnimon,.. another Mega rank digimon. And I won't even go into how many times Takuya got a different Mega digivolution.

So I guess my question is: Does it seem weird that some digimon keep digivolving into further Mega digimon? Does anyone have an instory theory on this? This has kinda been something that scratched my head when I saw it. Do you think that CrimsonGallantmon or Imperialdramon Paladin Mode counts as digivolution?

(note: I know the meta reason is so they can have more toys to sell.)

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    well there are stages above Mega, like Burst Mode or other Mode Changes and there are of course Super Ultimate Digimon.

what i think is tricky if you look at guys like Omegamon Alter, ZeedMilleniumon and Raidenmon who evolve from Megas that have evolved from Megas making them basically SU2

What MoT said about Super Ultimate ("Ultra") and Burst Mode, etc.

When we get to the more complicated ones (Perfect -> Ultimate -> Ultimate -> Ultimate), I prefer to basically think of them as Slide Evolutions--they're still at the Ultimate level, but each form is just a bit stronger than the last.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Recent games have had Burst Mode and Omnimon as Ultra level (above Mega)

Takuya's are hybrid which is different to the standard Rookie-Ultra

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    When we get to the more complicated ones (Perfect -> Ultimate -> Ultimate -> Ultimate), I prefer to basically think of them as Slide Evolutions--they're still at the Ultimate level, but each form is just a bit stronger than the last.
    That's how I see them. Kinda like they're churning there data to refine themselves, so the growth in power isn't as strong as going up a full level.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Spirits are an odd case. Yes they're introduced as "Hybrid", but they're given the "Class" of "Adult Class" for Human spirits or "Perfect Class" for Beast spirits. And then after that a bunch of "Ultimate Class"s. Except for AncientGreymon, who along with the other Warrior Ten is a straight up Ultimate.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Spirits are an odd case. Yes they're introduced as "Hybrid", but they're given the "Class" of "Adult Class" for Human spirits or "Perfect Class" for Beast spirits. And then after that a bunch of "Ultimate Class"s. Except for AncientGreymon, who along with the other Warrior Ten is a straight up Ultimate.
    Yeah it's a little weird. They gave the lad way too many forms. If they had just taken away one of Aldamon or EmporerGreymon, that makes it less awkward and then we have-

Flamemon - Rookie
    Aguimon - Champion
    BurningGreymon - Ultimate
    Aldamon or EmpererGreymon - Mega
    Susanoomon - Ultra

Susanoomon is Ultra in Next Order (and other media I think?) so there's that at least.

In the lore Aicent is dead and gives the power to him doesn't it? so I think that one's fine. I do recall Takuya can be it in the fighting game as a power up I guess.

What's our record for the most post-Mega levels? Imperialdramon Paladin Mode held the record for a long time at two Mode Changes beyond Mega, but I think Omegamon alter-B is a third-stage post-Mega.

Edit: Damnit, it's like Dragon Ball Super all over again.
    "A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author." -G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by scoff View Post
    I won't even go into how many times Takuya got a different Mega digivolution.

So I guess my question is: Does it seem weird that some digimon keep digivolving into further Mega digimon? Does anyone have an instory theory on this? This has kinda been something that scratched my head when I saw it. Do you think that CrimsonGallantmon or Imperialdramon Paladin Mode counts as digivolution?
    The way I see it... stages above Ultimate(Mega) do exist but are not specifically tied to evolving from other Ultimates. Super Ultimates are a thing but they are their own specific category. Not all Ultimates evolving or Jogressing from other Ultimates are Super Ultimates and not all Super Ultimates always evolve form Ultimates. So adding more and more distinctive level names doesn't really make sense, especially since levels are usually a species wide distinction. So I would personally say that their level doesn't change but I guess it's just... layers I guess.

Now taking the question in the thread title literally, the answer to "how much mega" can you get is infinity due to how flexible evolution requirements in some parts of the franchise are. Some are in fact, practically circular.
    For example in the card game Chaosmon is stated to be able to evolve from Mercurimon fused with any other Ultimate Level Digimon. Of course Chaosmon itself is Ultimate level so technically a Mercurimon could fuse with a random Ultimate to a regular Chaosmon containing 2 Ultimates... and then that Chaosmon could find another Mercurimon and fuse with it to another stronger Chaosmon that this time contains the power of 3 Ultimates, namely the original 2 Ultimates from the first fusion plus the Mercurimon from the second fusion. And as long as any Mercurimon are around our Chaosmon can repeatedly fuse with them into (probably stronger and stronger) Chaosmon ad infinitum.

For a bit more variety let's examine a bit more complex chain of Ultimate to Ultimates (note that every single step is from canon materials): BelialVamdemon can evolve from a Devitamamon fusing with VenomVamdemon making him in this case an ultimate of the second order, or Ultimate 2 for short. Then BelialVamdemon can Jogress with Dukemon to Beelzebumon making that Beelzebumon Ultimate 3 Beelzebumon can then Jogress with Belphemon Sleep Mode to Belphemon Rage mode (Ultimate 4) Belphemon Rage Mode can then Burst Evolve into Lucemon satan Mode (Ultimate 5)... and now we're in another looping evolution since Lucemon Satan mode can Jogress with another Belphemon Sleep Mode which turns him, again, into Belphemon Rage Mode but this time Ultimate 6 because another ultimate component just got added. And this Belphemon rage mode can Burst evolve again into Lucemon Satan mode, who can then Jogress back to Belphemon and then burst evolve again ad so on and so forth. The beautiful thing about this loop is that it could actually be infinite lore wise... since Belphemon Rage Mode is a member of the SGDL who are continously reborn from the data of sinners it's actually possible that after Burst Evolving to Lucemon Satan mode new SGDL Belphemon automatically get created from said data to fill the void, those can go into sleep mode, continuously providing evolution fodder infinitely...

TL;DR: Paladin Mode is for plebs lol
    Last edited by Theigno; 10-24-2017 at 12:41 PM.

The Wonderswan games did something like that, requiring you to forever jogress Digimon together to get newer, stronger monsters.
    "A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author." -G. K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast