With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacker's Memory US & Europe Release Date and Pre-Order Bonus Items Announced!

Hacker's Memory US & Europe Release Date and Pre-Order Bonus Items Announced!

More Hacker's Memory stuff!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a release date!

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory will be released outside of Japan in the US and Europe on January 19th, 2018!

So it's quite a short wait after the Japanese release of the game, just a month later!

Then, they've detailed the pre-order bonus items for those who pre-order!

We have...

Omnimon NX
    Crusadermon NX
    Leopardmon NX
    Inoden School Attire
    Beelzebumon Emblem T-Shirt
    Summer Camp (P) T-Shirt
    V. Uchida Costume
    Sistermon Ciel and Blanc

Various DLC that will be available via a few methods in Japan put together in a large package.

Now that we know the date... under 3 months to go...

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Bandai also put up a US version of the trailer we got late last night!

Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I was thinking Ciel was a brand new Digimon, but then I realized it's just a recoloured Noir, I guess they had to censor it? Also hoping we can get the other two NX Digimon somehow.

Anyways, January is only a month after the Japanese release, damn that's fast. Really happy about that, as I was expecting March at the earliest.

I wonder how/if we'll be able to get Alphamon NX and Dukemon NX, or if they'll ever give us the insert song version of the game.

I'll be preordering this for sure, Crusadermon NX and Leopardmon NX remind me of all those games with big head mode, lol.

Edit: Wait, hold up, wtf is with that Sistermon Noir recolour!?

If it's a case of censorship due to Religious references she and Blanc are still nuns, and even have Sistermon in their name. If it's censored because it's too sexual well... Lilithmon, Kyoko, Nokia, etc. were a thing and the character model was just changed to white. And they went through the trouble of changing her cat hat into a mouse, when there wasn't really anything about a cat hat that is anything. If I had to guess I think maybe she's a vaccine version of Noir and an evolution of Blanc Japan was going to use as an exclusive but never did for whatever reason? We do have a lot of weird specific exclusives in this DLC afterall. Remember we aren't getting Dukemon NX and Alphamon NX according to this either so maybe Blanc was left out because of no apparent reason too?

If Awaken Modes aren't in Hacker's Memory and cover up her boobs or she doesn't have guns then it will be censorship, but I don't know what to make of it right now. I actually like if it's not a censorship thing t since now we have a full human evolution for Angewomon.

Edit2: Is there any news on an Anniversary Edition? Or does having preorder info now mean we're not getting it for sure?
    Last edited by flintlock; 10-24-2017 at 08:55 AM.

I'm going digital
    I actually really like the new Sistermon. If it's a case of censorship, I would prefer they do it this way and basically create a new Digimon variant instead of censoring the original in a weird way.

I doubt this is a case of censorship, though.

Follow X-Omnidramon On Twitter Add X-Omnidramon on Steam Follow X-Omnidramon on DeviantArt Visit X-Omnidramon's Youtube Channel Visit X-Omnidramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Im sure this preorder stuff will also be a first run purchase for the vita... i hope...
    20th anniversary v-pet

Current:
    Omegamon Alter-S

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVersus View Post
    I actually really like the new Sistermon. If it's a case of censorship, I would prefer they do it this way and basically create a new Digimon variant instead of censoring the original in a weird way.

I doubt this is a case of censorship, though.
    Yeah it always bothered me how Blanc looked like an evolution for Angewomon but there was nothing to go inbetween them because Noir was a virus/evil looking adult. Plus I love pastel pink/blue colourschemes.

Sistermon Ciel isnít just a recolor, the ears on her hood have been changed from pointed cat ears to rounded mouse-like ears. Very odd.

I'm going digital
    I assume Ciel is a new sistermon variation, as sistermon isn't just about only Blanc and Noir. Cloth is different, it also wear mouse ears instead of cat. We haven't seen its whole appearance.

I'm going digital
    Since Sistermon Noir is an Adult that Sistermon Blanc can evolve into, and--like Flintlock said--Noir seems to have an evil/virus-y look to her, I wonder if they're trying to establish two different evolutionary paths for Sistermon Blanc in the wider franchise? Or maybe Blanc and Ciel are both Child Digimon that can evolve into Noir? It's very interesting...and yeah, they would go well together into Angewomon. She has a purple-ish color scheme which is basically a nice blend of pink (red) and blue. The evolutionary thread is gonna have a blast once we learn her level, lol.

I wonder if we'll ever see other variations of the Sistermon line.

She's most likely an Adult like Noir.

The more I think about the state of the EU though the more I think they really did censored her because they're more sensitive to Religious references over there.I know this is not a perfect analogy but just think of all the games that won't allow swastikas in nazi shooting games over there like Wolfenstein. Well, whatever gets the game released here I guess. Still I'm very conflicted. I hope this is the only Digimon or thing that was altered. I imagine having to do with promotional preorder material might play a huge part too. I hate censorship in games so much even if it's stupid things like "jelly donuts" but I love new Digimon and subspecies, lol.
    Last edited by flintlock; 10-24-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast