With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bandai Teasing 20th Anniversary Digimon Pendulum V-Pets

Ain't got no mojo... dansplosion's Avatar
    ok I am VERY excited by this!! I can't wait what's likely to be 6 months-a year ;; I really hope they incorporate the .5 lines. I can see zero being an unockable and I assume hackmon from that image... maybe they'll put in some lines from pendulum progress?

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Calling it now: Versions 1 thru 5 will be readily available, but you'll need to connect two together to unlock the .5 versions. And then you'll need to connect to all five Version 20ths to unlock the Version Zero egg.

I'm half joking, half expecting it to be honest
    Alternatively, like the 20th Anni. Vpet 2 color will be released. Color A will be filled with ver X.0 digimon and color B will include digimon from X.5. Mastemon will be one of the new jogress only Digimon.

Quote Originally Posted by shaikgb View Post
    if we will get new mons in those v-pets will they be added into CS-HM or into links?

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Hmmm, maybe we’ll get versions of the Hackmon line which wield the members of the Zubamon line as weapons.
    i doubt the hackmon line is the 1 that wields the zubamon line because jesmon has too many swords already
    I dunno, imagine Jesmon wielding a Durandamon in sword form in each hand and grasping another with its tail. It would be an incredibly silly, but I don't think I would complain somehow.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Am I the only one hyped by the fact that this probably means that they will resume the Digimon Reference Book anytime soon? 😊

By the way, can anyone explain to me which are the main differences between the original Digital Monster V-Pet and the Digimon Pendulum/Progress/X series?

Ain't got no mojo...
    @Shadow Shinji:

The original VPets were the most basic.

Pendulums introduced "pendulum action"/shaking for training and battle in place of button mashing. It was also the first instance of 3 rookies as opposed to 2. We also got Mega/Ultimate. Jogress was also introduced as a the sole method of achieving some Ultimate/Perfect.

Pendulum Progress: More detailed sprites. Similar to the ones used in the JP Digivices. Introduced in-game enemies so you don't need more than 1 device for the most part. Can't quite remember about other significant changes.

Pendulum X: From what I remember, PenX is sort of like a cross between a Vpet and a Digivice. Has this die rolling function.

Back on topic, I am extremely hyped. I wonder if they will include Ver 0 in it. And how will they tackle the 0.5 Grand Prix version exclusives? Please don't tell me we will have 0.5 releases T__T I was kinda expecting this but a little later down the track. I weep for my back account. Your sacrifices shall be remembered XD
    Last edited by GaiomonFTW; 10-23-2017 at 07:16 AM.

I come from the net
    More Pendulums! Ha. Back to "basics" but these are nice if you play them. Wonder what the new Mon is.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by GaiomonFTW View Post
    Jogress was also introduced as the sole method of achieving Ultimate/Perfect.
    It wasn't the sole method; each V-pet had 3 Perfects and 1 Ultimate avaliable through normal gameplay and 3 Perfects and 2 Ultimates only available through Jogress evolution.

I guess Jogress will be much less of a pain to obtain if they keep the two Digimon per V-pet like they have in the original versions (and I don't see why they wouldn't). I'd be willing to bet that there'll be a first Wave with the original versions and a second Wave with the .5 versions. I'd also hazard a guess that the version ZERO egg will be a special event egg not available from the beginning just based on the way that it pretty much had no bad Digimon in it (the junk Adult was Tailmon!).
    Last edited by King in Pink; 10-23-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    @King in Pink: Oh that's right. My bad. I totally forgot about the regular route Ultimate/Perfects.

Yea looking at how they technically had 5 different versions of the 20th Anniversary VPets via the version exclusives, I would not put it past them to do something similar with the Pendulums

If you look closely at the silhouette it seems more like the Pendulum Progress than the Pendulum. Though I have no clue why they would do that, especially after releasing the 20th Anniversary v-pets.

I really hope im wrong though - the original pendulum is my absolute favorite, and I can't wait to join the other bankrupt users here, trying to buy five.
    Last edited by Olive; 10-23-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    If you look closely at the silhouette it seems more like the Pendulum Progress than the Pendulum.
    I see what you mean, but they both have basically the same silhouette.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast