With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What do you think meiko and meicoomon fate will be in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Back to Meichi, I think it's a well-written enough ship, just not with enough foreshadowing.
    So, basically the inverse of Sorato.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Tai View Post
    Even if 02 ending isn't a cannon why would they kill Tai for? He is the soul and life to adventure and Digimon.
    For the scandal of it. tri.'s plot is little more than constantly upping the Holy Shit Quotient. (Which is not to say they will, but it is certainly justifiable that they might from what we know of them).

Given tri.'s point about the reboot enabling deceased Digimon to return from being killed, I can't imagine them killing Maicoomon and then making that permanent (in a well-thought-out, non-arbitrary manner, that is), especially given the wonky Earth-Digiworld relationship right now. Now, I can see them pretending, killing Maicoomon in this big dramatic moment and then giving Meiko a purified egg, which is a typically Digimon thing to do.
    "Remember, kids, it's not important if it's of high quality. Only if it makes money." -Mark Hamill

Ain't got no mojo...
    Unfortunately I think when Meicoomon is gonna be back to her good self and when she realizes that she does have a shards of Apocalymon's data and that she's behind all this crisis she'll decide to sacrifice herself and save both worlds but hopefully the writers won't kill her in the movie

Junior Commander
    Well depending on where she died, Real World or Digital, there's always the chance she would come back as an egg. Which as Jaybird pointed out, is a typical thing for Digimon to do. So even if she does sacrifice herself, there is a good chance that it won't be permanent.

Junior Commander
    If her death happens in real world, she should't get reborn according to the logics of tri. Such a return would cheapen the reboot thing even more and make tri. self-inconsistent. I think Maki's problem somehow foreshadowed another permanent death too. Though we should see where she dies in the movie and if her data is absorbed to a gare like the Kuwagamon's in Saikai.

Or maybe the true purpose of reboot and Gennai's line was to bring Leomon back to life just to kill him again in the future!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    If her death happens in real world, she should't get reborn according to the logics of tri. Such a return would cheapen the reboot thing even more and make tri. self-inconsistent. I think Maki's problem somehow foreshadowed another permanent death too. Though we should see where she dies in the movie and if her data is absorbed to a gare like the Kuwagamon's in Saikai.

Or maybe the true purpose of reboot and Gennai's line was to bring Leomon back to life just to kill him again in the future!
    Nah, RL deaths are stated as "you never know what will happen". It's not 100% they're dead forever.

Plus - Wizardmon, Myotismon and possible, Wendigomon (inb4noncanon)

Partner Digimon often break the rules, so I can see Meicoomon breaking them if she does

Junior Commander
    ^What Muur said.

We know that if a Digimon dies in the Digital World, it gets reborn. But the Real World has always been a grey area. Did Wizardmon and Myotismon ever truly die? And one of the points of the reboot was that Digimon who did die in the Real World could come back. So it's already been proven that Digimon who die in the Real World can come back in some way or another.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Maybe something happened similar to Meicoomon in the Digimon World Next Order and I do hope to see another version of Meicoomon with normal Meicrackmon and Raiselmon in another anime in the future

If Digimon die in the RW they can not be reborn in the DW as long as I am concerned.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzehiko View Post
    If Digimon die in the RW they can not be reborn in the DW as long as I am concerned.
    Unless there's a reboot.

Or it's Data Squad, where they turn back into an egg then get returned to the DW.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzehiko View Post
    Even before the reboot though there were examples of Digimon who died in the RW who, while they didn't get reborn in the DW, they didn't completely disappear. While for the most part, we've all assumed there was no chance of being reborn, we've never known that for sure. And the reboot certainly could change the rules too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast