With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think meiko and meicoomon fate will be in the series

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I know people like to compare tri. to movie 3, but i don't think toei will make their writing choices based on that movie.. I do agree that there could be another spark of hope next movie and that will save Meicoomon. We really can't rule either situation out. I'm just not sure how it'd work with both girls coming to realization of purifying their Digimon. But tri. has surprised us before.

Also, I took the egg from the black egg on the official Digimon site and just recolored the vector then overlayed it on the image. She was originally holding Koromon. But holding the egg looks surprisingly good too. Also edited a small smile on her facel. Like a sad smile. I still hope for a happy ending.
    I personally prefer the black digiegg for the simple reason I hope meiko becomes an official digidestined and dark counter part to Kari with the crest of darkness.

What's your thoughts of meiko ending up with tai seems they're setting that up based on the last film.

I always preferred tai and sora together based on there personalities and being the mom and dad of the group. Matt was a more considerate caring boyfriend then tai but always thought they made a bland couple. And tai and meiko is out of no where and i just don't like their personalities together.

I think that Holydramon will appear and take on Meicoomon's mega and then chase out the darkness with her light. But to be honest I hate Meiko..She just cries about how weak and useless she is...Just like Hinata from Naruto..

Ok I'm pretty tired of hearing people say this, "Oh Meiko is just a Hinata clone wehh." Honestly I think a big reason people say this is just because they're shy girls with long, black, hime cut hair.

The problem with Hinata (and a lot of Naruto's female characters to be honest) is that her entire character revolves around a boy. Almost everything she does, she does for Naruto. Her main defining trait, at least at the beginning, was her crush on him. This isn't the case for Meiko at all. Sure, part of her reason for existing in the first place is, more than likely, to (eventually) be a romantic partner for Taichi and settle the whole Taichi/Sora/Yamato love triangle that the fans have cooked up, but she's not just "The Love Interest for the Main Guy" like Hinata is. Hell, it's arguable if they even have any feelings for each other at this point. But the most important distinction is that Meiko's character arc- becoming more assertive, learning to value herself, fighting her own battles, all that good stuff- isn't because of some boy. I know Digimon can be pretty hit and miss with its female characters- they range from good (Ruki, Eri, Juri) to mediocre (Miyako, Yoshino) to offensively terrible (Izumi...)- but at the very least, they tend to have identities outside of "Love Interest". And that's a lot better than can be said for Naruto.

Ahem, anyway, to be a little more on topic, Meiko and Meicoomon's fate: As I said, Meiko's arc is all about learning to be more assertive and confident, and is probably going to culminate in her finally standing up and confronting Meicoomon. (If the writers know what they're doing, anyway.) Even her image song is all about her relationship with her Digimon and how she's the only one that can save her. The question now is if that will involve killing poor Meicoomon. Personally I'm leaning towards no, just because I feel like killing someone shouldn't really count as "saving" them. But then again, tri. has taken quite a few sharp turns so far, and Digimon is no stranger to killing off someone's partner, temporarily or permanently.

I'm going digital
    That's funny and accurate comparison. Tau and meikos relationship has been touched upon only last movie even tho we see him bump into her multiple times. Neither really show romantic interest in the other and tbh tk has put more ground work as a shipping partner then tai.

I think she'll get the resolve of saving meicomon from everyone but I got a hunch it will mainly be due to tai.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    A time skip will show her married to Tai

If they do go that route, I hope part 6 shows us that Taichi and Meiko do in fact like each other that way, or are at least starting to feel for each other, or just... something so that it doesn't come as much of a surprise in the end. Come on, Toei, give us more than little promo art hints already!

Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel Add Solomon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    A time skip will show her married to Tai
    The mary-sue levels would be over 9000! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    Ok I'm pretty tired of hearing people say this, "Oh Meiko is just a Hinata clone wehh." Honestly I think a big reason people say this is just because they're shy girls with long, black, hime cut hair.
    Of course they're wrong. That's obvious.

As per her character arc, Meiko is a Wallace clone.

If they do go that route, I hope part 6 shows us that Taichi and Meiko do in fact like each other that way, or are at least starting to feel for each other, or just... something so that it doesn't come as much of a surprise in the end. Come on, Toei, give us more than little promo art hints already!
    At least give us more than Kakudou! Foreshadowing doesn't count!

The problem with Hinata (and a lot of Naruto's female characters to be honest) is that her entire character revolves around a boy. Almost everything she does, she does for Naruto. Her main defining trait, at least at the beginning, was her crush on him.
    Well, it's her most obvious trait, at least; she has a personal arc about becoming more assertive and has all that Hyuuga family drama, it just doesn't get much attention.
    Last edited by Jaybird C; 01-12-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    It's all part of the mystery or whatever.

Considering how this is just Digimon we are talking about, everything will be fine&dandy because that's how it always goes down. Digimon doesn't have the balls to do a real dark ending.

I come from the net
    We all know Kishimoto couldn't write women. Like how Kubo couldn't finish Bleach and Oda can't take a break before he gets tired/hurt. But I really hope Meiko/Meicoomon aren't dead. Yes I do like her and yes I do think she's the easy answer to solve that terrible ship war. But we still have a chance for her to get better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast