With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TyrantKabuterimon's Actual Head

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel

TyrantKabuterimon's Actual Head

So while I was writing a Design section for TyrantKabuterimon, I went to Wikimon to get close-up images of it when I noticed something unusual about its design:

The thing we always assumed was its head? It's actually a pair of horns, cephalic and thoracic, like those of a Hercules Beetle:
    Image Thumbnail (custom)
    This is especially noticeable with the cards from Collectors and Heroes where you can see its actual head at the base of the cephalic horn:

Did anyone else notice this or was it just me?
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 10-14-2017 at 08:39 PM.

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    I had noticed this a while ago, and it made me like the design a lot more since it actually has hercules beetle traits instead of just being a weird beesnake thing.

This is pretty damn cool, thanks for pointing it out.
    Though, now that I think about it, his chest also look like a face...

It looks pretty obvious to me, but I see these Rhinoceros Beetles all the time at my schools. Their popularity with kids is literally the reason that both Pokemon and Digimon exist. So I'm pretty sure the visual design isn't lost on its intended audience either.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think I've noticed it before. The real mystery is what he shoots out of that cannon. It's been a while since I played All-Star Rumble, but I don't think it shows us.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

News to me. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    Though, now that I think about it, his chest also look like a face...
    And now I can't look at this thing without thinking of Arbok.
    It's all part of the mystery.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    A Similar happens with Grimmon, look at those big balck soulles eyes, now look a little below to see his real eyes.
    This is kind of an issue Digimon has because of how much artwork tends to be in low resolution.

It reminds me a lot the Mycenae Empire's warrior gods from Great Mazinger/Shin Mazinger. The guys always had a fake head and their true one embedded in their chest.

I'm going digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Follow SuperStarlite on DeviantArt Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel
    Yeah, it's a pretty cool design. As Ukyou said the target audience probably is well aware, heh.

It's stuff like this that really makes me wish they would give us full resolution images of digimon instead of the small ones we get. What's the point in not giving us the ability to see the close up details? It's not like they're losing anything from it. Their fans like me would really appreciate the ability to see the details of some of our favorite digimon (like for example, I had no idea what the heck was going on in Matadrumon's head area until I saw a screenshot from Xros Wars) when we feel like drawing them.

They don't lose anything from giving us the full sized images... why not let us fully appreciate the work the artist put into the picture they drew?
    ☾🍄Virus-Types are awesome!🍄☽
    ​Avatar drawn by me... yeeeears ago. Almost a decade! Dang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast