With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appmon Beginning in France and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Shinraisei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    I'm also reminded of the arguments people had over how to translate this show's subtitle. I was always Team Appmon because "Appli" is almost exclusively a Japanese contraction.
    Actually French (European French in particular) uses "Appli" to refer to apps quite frequently. Canada, it seems the Quebec Language Office opts for "application" over cool and hip contraction. Which is not new.
    It flows better as an overall title in Japanese also to be quite honest. Digimon is in the title, and 'AppliMonsters' gives something 'big' to focus on in the title.

Digimon Appmon may actually be formatted as "Digimon: Appmon".
    I assume as such (or that the title is a short stand in title), but since that's all we have for now...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time stand in titles have been used for anime on guide/schedule information.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Added a commercial and a few other updates for the French version to the news.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    We were only made aware of the big push at MIPCOM because that was the one where Toei was saying publicly "it's available" and showing it off as such to potential 'new' partners.

After that point they aren't going to spend the effort, because it's unlikely to stumble into 'new' partners if they aren't interested at that point, so they will go back to the tried and true methods and companies they develop with.
    I'm not talking about wall to wall promo or anything like that. All of that's been devoted entirely on Dragon Ball Super, with Mazinger Z in some European trades this year. Toei just didn't mention Appmon at all. Even in the databases that list 20+ shows from a company, Appmon was never there.

Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    We were only made aware of the big push at MIPCOM because that was the one where Toei was saying publicly "it's available" and showing it off as such to potential 'new' partners.

After that point they aren't going to spend the effort, because it's unlikely to stumble into 'new' partners if they aren't interested at that point, so they will go back to the tried and true methods and companies they develop with.
    I'm not talking about wall to wall promo or anything like that. All of that's been devoted entirely on Dragon Ball Super, with Mazinger Z in some European trades this year. Toei just didn't mention Appmon at all. Even in the databases that list 20+ shows from a company, Appmon was never there.

Which isn't uncommon, especially if they were waiting to do a larger push later.

Their signature titles they hope to make money on are going to be DB Super, and they have been talking about the international push for Mazinger as a huge priority for them.

I don't find it coincidental that Appmon has ended and less than 2 weeks later we have announcement of two different dubs starting within weeks.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    I must admit, I hadn't expected to see anything about dubs just yet. But this is certaintly a start. Hopefully an English dub will be soon.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Fingers crossed for a Hindi dub!
    Or at least an English dub available on Crunchyroll and/or Netflix. That'd be super awesome.

Added an image of the French Appmon logo to the news.

That logo is... I'll leave it at nostalgic.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Well, if the pattern holds true, the Hong Kong Logo is gonna look great.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    And if that also holds true, then the HK dub in its entirety is gonna be great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast