With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Digimon Nicknames

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt

Your Digimon Nicknames

I honestly don't know if I should just post this in the choose your partner thread or something, but I didn't find a thread with this exact premise anywhere in recent history, so I thought it might be fun to start it.

So I love coming up with nicknames for things, especially things like Digimon. I have a few that have stuck around that I use on different games, or that I have named my V-Pets. (The V-pets are kinda fun, because the name stays even if they die.)

Here are a few of the ones I use and the Digimon/V-Pets I've used them for:

Zeke - Pendulum 1.0 & certain games
    Gon - Pendulum 2.0
    Giga - Certain games and occasionally my Pendulum Progress 1.0
    Calcifer - My Pendulum 3.0 & usually a Meramon-type character if I have one.
    Arthur - My Original V3 (Whose life I documented on my V-Pet blog.)
    Zen - A Zubamon I recently raised.
    Duke - Any MameTyramon character I have & specifically my D-Cyber Version 2
    Koda - My recently acquired iC version 20x

I've also used a lot of Zero and Neo in the past, particularly when playing Digital Monster Ver. Wonderswan, in honor of characters from V-Tamer.

So now what names do you use/have used that have stuck with you and what game or V-Pet did you use them for?

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Coming up with names is fun in any game. The only recurring name I used was "Big D", once in the original World for Gabumon>Tyranomon
    >MetalGreymon, and then for a RustTyranomon in Cyber Sleuth. I recently completed my first playthrough of Re: Digitize, and here's a few one-off names I had:

SNAPPY: Agumon>Greymon
    For obvious reasons.

CHLORA: Tentomon>Kabuterimon>Lilamon
    From Chlorophyll. Picked Budmon with plans for a plant Digimon. Seemed like it wasn't gonna work out for a couple generations.

XELIE: Patamon>Angemon>MagnaAngemon
    Just a fantasy sounding name in the hope to get something more random. Turned out remarkably standard.

MEGALO: Hagurumon>Meramon>BlueMeramon
    Opposite of prior. Picked as a reference to WarGrowlmon's original name. Got a more random line.

GONAGIV: Gomamon>Ikkakumon>Zudomon>Vikemon
    Just had the song "X gon' give it to ya!" stuck in my head at the time.

LAYLA: Kamemon>Seadramon>Megadramon>ShineGreymon
    Planned to finish the game with Lilithmon. Named her Layla in reference to her Fusion name. Went completely wrong obviously>.> Actually, even with my suped up gym, I couldn't even digivolve past Champion or Ultimate without resorting to digi-cores from some reason. Not the most triumphant finish, but Mice and Men I guess.
    Last edited by McGann; 10-11-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    I called my Rosemon Roserade and my Sukamon PEWP

I'm so dull that my digimon usually are called Shin or Neos. XDD

Hmm, Some notable game names I can remember:

Paladin, my starter Terriermon from Cyber Sleuth. He ended up as a cool Saber Leomon by the end! Some other notable mons I used in CS were Order (Phoenixmon), Grawr (Rust Tyrannomon), Luceid (Lilithmon), Freeze (I think he was a Beelzemon: Blast Mode by the end), and a trio of Platinum Numemon called Yuka, #Grinding, and $wagLevelz. Yuka was in my main team for a while, and the other 2 were given their tongue-in-cheek names when I decided to power level.

Selene, was the obvious choice for the starter Lunamon in Dusk.

Radiance was the name I went with for the starter Botamon in World Championship.

I notice now that I am rather prone to light-y names when it comes to starters.

I always name the first Digimon I get 'Lemon'.

And because of that, everytime I see the word 'GrapLeomon', I read it as 'Grape Lemon'.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Ain't got no mojo... Mild At Heart's Avatar
    In Digimon Dawn, I had very uncreative nicknames for my Digimon:

Kokoa/Kokomo (Kokomon)

Gummya (Gummymon)

Veemo (... Veemon... There were a few Digimon who were basically like this)

TOKO (when you forget to nickname your Patamon after evolution.)

Now I only do Original (Sarcasm) nicknames Like

Taiyou (Coronamon)

Tsuki/Gekkou (Lunamon)

Zushi (Sakuyamon)

Agu-Chan (Agumon, and I'll be honest, I'll nickname many Digimon with the "-Chan" suffix)

Mabe (Shakomon)

... Actually, I need to think on nicknames some more. While it's something I do, I haven't bought a Digimon Game where I could do that in a while, and it's something I haven't seen often in Digimon, so my nicknaming cogs are a tad rusty. Makes me wish I could nickname in Links.
    Relemon is objectively the pinnacle of Digimon designs, there is no arguing this. It's perfect.

I tend to imagine Digimon referring to each other without the "mon" when speaking casually, like in V-Tamer. Digimon with long, multi-segmented, or otherwise complicated names get specially shortened names (such as, despite it being technical bowdlerization, I vastly prefer saying "Dex" to "Death-X" if I have to do it repeatedly).
    It's all part of the mystery or whatever.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The weird thing about the "Death-X" Digimon is that even in the original version their names are pronounced like "Dex." I've sometimes considered romanizing the names like "DeaXmon" or something like that.

I don't really use nicknames for Digimon when I play the video games. When playing the localized Story games I just called them by their original names (or however much of the original name I could fit into a mere eight characters).
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I usually do not give nicknames for my Digimon. It is too Pokemon-like. But I did give three to my Dorumon on CS, Dory, Dex and Raptor. I am going to give the same nicknames on the new HM game to three Dorumon. I will also have a FanBeemon name Beedy and if Ryudamon ever appear in a game, it be name Ryu.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast