With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your best Pokémon memories?

Banned

Talking Your best Pokémon memories?

What are your best memories with Pokémon?

As a child playing Red and Blue, I did not speak English and I had to figure everything out just by walking around and talking with people and spamming the attacks that dealt damage. I had seen the anime and I was so excited every time I reached locations, characters or Pokémon from the anime.

When I later started seeing TV commercials of Gold and Silver and wished it so badly for Christmas and when I got it for Christmas, I forgot all about celebrating further with my family, lol, I started playing and was immediately absorbed. It was so amazing to see new Pokémon in addition to the original 151 and to travel this new great world.

And when I then reached Kanto in Gold and Silver... Oh boy, I was so excited to see how things had changed there since Red and Blue.

Later, in LeafGreen, I caught a shiny Geodude and shiny Zubat in one day. I was astonished. That day is the only day I ever met shiny Pokémon, if we don't count the red Gyarados.

Junior Commander IamTheSovereign's Avatar
    I don't have a single 'best' memory...I've so many to count...

*Getting Pokemon Yellow for Christmas
    *Finding my first Shiny - a Zigzagoon
    *Discovering and reading the Pokemon Adventures Manga
    *Watching Ash defeat Gary in the Johto League, Paul in the Sinnoh League, etc.
    *Completing a Pokedex for the first time - Sapphire
    *Completing my first Nuzlocke and my first Monotype playthroughs
    *Finding a Shiny Golbat and a Shiny Donphan in the same HeartGold Nuzlocke - in the same place.

...and many, many more...
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you read my story, check this out!: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Playing through HGSS with a Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr/Espeon/Dragonite party.

There are only 2 that stand out to me.
    1: Completing the National Dex in Leaf Green (excluding the mythical pokemon that were unavailable)
    2: Completing the National Dex in Alpha Sapphire (INCLUDING all of the mythical pokemon) but I did this like a month after Sun and Moon came out so I had to start all over
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IamTheSovereign View Post
    I don't have a single 'best' memory...I've so many to count...

*Getting Pokemon Yellow for Christmas
    *Finding my first Shiny - a Zigzagoon
    *Discovering and reading the Pokemon Adventures Manga
    *Watching Ash defeat Gary in the Johto League, Paul in the Sinnoh League, etc.
    *Completing a Pokedex for the first time - Sapphire
    *Completing my first Nuzlocke and my first Monotype playthroughs
    *Finding a Shiny Golbat and a Shiny Donphan in the same HeartGold Nuzlocke - in the same place.

...and many, many more...
    The manga was definetely great and every Pokémon fan should read it!

Yeah, Ash finally beating Gary was epic.

I come from the net
    I don't have one memory but I do remember Gen 2. Having some fun playing it. Getting Crystal(and a new VCR) for a birthday since I got to take the day off from school. ...That's all I can remember now.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    *WarGreymon Terra Forcing Charizard into oblivion.

*Completing the Pokedex on Red. Oddly enough my 151st Pokemon was the version mascot itself, Charizard.

*Too many memories of Pokemon Gold, which is probably my favourite entry in the series. An odd one occurred when me and my family were on holiday in Portugal: I happened to befriend a kid who was also playing the game, and he noticed that I had Mew - which I copied over from Red by way of the infamous cloning glitch. He practically begged me to trade Mew, going so far as to exchange his Ho-oh for it. I was reluctant to have him trade me a legendary that you can only get one of in the game, but I ended up with two Ho-ohs anyway so oh well XD;

*Ant & Dec's skits before airing episodes of the anime on SMTV Live. They would take random objects and have a mock Pokemon battle with them.

*The first few episodes of the anime are nostalgic, but beyond that I don't care enough to rewatch.

*FireRed rejuvenating my interest after I skipped over Ruby/Sapphire.

*Pokemon Origins. The one time anything Pokemon anime caught my interest again. It was short, but sweet.

- N's story in Pokemon Black/White
    - Me playing my first Pokemon game: Pokemon Crystal and just overlevel to breakthrough the entirenity of game
    - Seeing Hilbert saving N in Pokemon Generations, the music gave and memories and wish-fulfillment because Hilda/Hilbert doesn't become like Red in B2W2 made me cry.

Completely digital
    Playing Pokemon Gold EVERYWHERE as a kid on my green gameboy color and finally defeating Red with my level 81 Meganium.

Finally getting to see how Ash beat Sabrina when I went to a friend who had the episodes on VHS (I had the Psychic Surprise on VHS tape which collected Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Bye Bye Butterfree, and Abra and the Psychic Showdown so I didn't know how he beat Sabrina and the episodes never seem to be on Kidswb when I watched it on tv)

Seeing Pokemon 2000 in theaters

Watching Pokemon The First Movie on VHS for the first time

Me and my friends staying up all night basically watching a good 30 or so episodes of Pokemon since the friend whose house we were staying at basically owned all the Pokemon VHS tapes

And a more recentish memory my freshman year of college (about 7 years ago yikes) performing the Mew glitch for the first time and catching a Mew

Ain't got no mojo...
    Earning badges in the Pokemon Trading Card Game League at Zany Brainy. I especially remember trying to collect all the original 150 cards. Actually, my mom did most of that for me. I remember her going around Zany Brainy, Toys R Us, and Borders (they all did the TCG leagues then) yelling out "Does anyone have a Charizard/Blastoise?" And then we'd see if I had anything they wanted to trade for. So much fun, but I sucked at the game. Only did get 3 or 4 badges that I can remember. But it was fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast