With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Potential infighting among digidestined in Digimon Adventure Tri

Ain't got no mojo... frankiemon827's Avatar

Post Potential infighting among digidestined in Digimon Adventure Tri

Just finished re-watching Symbiosis and one moment that struck me was when Meiko finally asked to kill off Meicoomon and Tai agreed which Matt almost punched Tai in the face because of it. Obviously the reactions were toned down to further the plot. What if whether to kill off Meicoomon led to a major infighting among the 8 (like in Captain America Civil War) with their mega digimons fight each other like Alphamon and Jesmon....

Tai: kill off Meicoomon because he doesn't want to run from friend's pain and to end the whole mess
    Potential digidestined on his side:
    Sora: really difficult to decide base on what we see from her in Tri but I can see it is bit more likely she'll end up in Tai's team
    Kari: needs to be at her big brother's side. Enough said
    Izzy: he defended Tai when Matt almost punched Tai and also his logical thinking

Matt: Meicoomon must be saved at all costs in the name of friendship. Don't care about anything else
    Potential digidestined on his side:
    Mimi: really obvious she wants to save Meicoomon
    Joe: also supporting saving Meicoomon
    TK: Matt's brother and in confession when confronted the potential to kill Patamon he couldnt even think about it so it is reasonable to suggest the same with Meicoomon

Meiko: she will just be playing the role of a victim

so base on this we will have Wargreymon vs Metalgarurumon (again); Phoenixmon vs Vikemon; Herculeskabuterimon vs Rosemon and Ophanimon/Holydramon vs Seraphimon. I reckon it would be bit refreshing since we don't often see teammates fighting in digimon and as in growing up conflict/fights are also part of it. Also it would be ironic because of shipping i.e. Izzy and Mimi; TK & Kari. SO does anyone actually want to see it happen and which digidestineds to face off in opposite side?

I think it's a point we all reached after seeing Meicoomon not being rebooted in COnfession. That the virus was still there. Reboots weren't going to help and the only way would kill Meicoomon. Meiko came to that realization. She and Meicoomon had suffered because of this virus, she just wanted to end it. Meiko could no longer reach her partner. Only thing that calmed down her partner was wearing her down. Meiko even stated in Confession, "does my voice no longer reach?
    . She knew that getting to her partner was not going to work anymore. I really doubt Meiko would play victim at this point. She would probably discuss this with the others to convince them otherwise.

Plus, Sora would agree and that maybe the bonds of Partner and Chosen would bring Meicoomon back without the infection.

Koushirou would agree to this notion there is always that chance.

Jou and Mimi may still be hesitant. But Mimi would understand and be on Meiko's side on this.

Yamato would still yell out in frustration.

Takeru would still be against killing a partner DIgimon, rather than fight it. A situation that is different when fighting MetalGreymon back in 02.

Hikari probably more of the same. She would to wish there was a way to purify it. But it's too late at this point.

That's just my own 2 cents on it.

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Why they don't just simply imprison Meicoomon in the Dark Ocean like they did with Demon?
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Why they don't just simply imprison Meicoomon in the Dark Ocean like they did with Demon?
    The case with Demon was pretty different.

They need to imprison Demon, because they can't defeat him, while Meicoomon is their friend, so they won't want to imprison her in a horrible place. Also, imprisoning Meicoomon may not even work, since portals appear all the time for the infection.

Not to mention that Ken is the only one who can open the portal to the Dark Ocean.

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    They need to imprison Demon, because they can't defeat him, while Meicoomon is their friend, so they won't want to imprison her in a horrible place.
    There must honestly be some kind of solution to this.

I'm a Maniac
    There are a few problems with the idea of there being a big fight between the DigiDestined. As NekoHaruko pointed out, even if they didn't like it, ultimately the team would try to work together and support Meiko's decision in the end. There just wasn't enough time for everybody to think things through in Part 5.

It's also no longer a case of just saving Meicoomon. They also have to save Tailmon. Now there is the chance if/when they do separate back into their own forms, Meicoomon may still be infected and Tailmon may be fine, they also could both very well be purified. Until that split occurs though, even if Meiko is okay with killing Meicoomon, she may not kill Tailmon (since it would really be Hikari's choice), and Hikari would probably want to save Tailmon.

But the biggest thing, is that there's simply not enough time in one movie. We have to get reunited with Taichi (and Daigo), find Maki, find the 02 kids (unless they've just been abandoned to rot), save Meicoomon and Tailmon, 'stop' Homeostasis & Jesmon, and stop Evil Gennai, Alphamon, and Yggdrasil. They can't throw in a fight among friends in there as well.

Ain't got no mojo... frankiemon827's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    There are a few problems with the idea of there being a big fight between the DigiDestined. As NekoHaruko pointed out, even if they didn't like it, ultimately the team would try to work together and support Meiko's decision in the end. There just wasn't enough time for everybody to think things through in Part 5.

It's also no longer a case of just saving Meicoomon. They also have to save Tailmon. Now there is the chance if/when they do separate back into their own forms, Meicoomon may still be infected and Tailmon may be fine, they also could both very well be purified. Until that split occurs though, even if Meiko is okay with killing Meicoomon, she may not kill Tailmon (since it would really be Hikari's choice), and Hikari would probably want to save Tailmon.

But the biggest thing, is that there's simply not enough time in one movie. We have to get reunited with Taichi (and Daigo), find Maki, find the 02 kids (unless they've just been abandoned to rot), save Meicoomon and Tailmon, 'stop' Homeostasis & Jesmon, and stop Evil Gennai, Alphamon, and Yggdrasil. They can't throw in a fight among friends in there as well.
    Of course it's not happening at this stage. This is a speculation afterall. Maybe I'm trying to create a fan fiction that is very close to Tri. This may have been this way if events from Determination onwards were twisted...

It would have to be drastic indeed to put this particular group of Chosen in a position where they'd seriously consider violence against each other, much less actually fight. This group would be more prone to simply go its separate ways. There's no conflict in goals yet strong enough to provoke a fight between them.

Which is not to say there are not ways you could squeeze a fight between Chosen in there.

-Depending on the state of Hikari's psyche, she may be all-in on the Fusion's mission of destruction, necessitating a fight against her.
    -Every aspect of the 02 affair is still a closed book to us, giving you nearly infinite leeway to drum conflict up; the emotional segregation implicitly isolating the new kids from the old would make it easier to draw lines in the sand if it ever came to it.
    It's all part of the mystery.