With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Links Beginning International Rollout, Update- Available in USA

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    So... I got one question.
    Is this game worth playing? Is it fun? Is it a grindfest?

Dang, that's a shame. But oh well, hopefully this means the game will have little to no problems when it releases everywhere else. It'd be nice if they prepared adequate server space, unlike every other phone game ever.

clanc: The JP version is pretty breezy until you start trying to get Ultimates(Kyuukyokutai), or so I hear. Then it gets grindy. From what I played of it, it was basically the battle system from CS, which is competent, though nothing particularly exciting for the JRPG genre.

There's an element of character skillset customization that's really fun, though again, due to being F2P model, it's about 20 times more grindy than it needs to be at the higher levels.

My suggestion would be to play it until you start going for Ultimates, and if that becomes tedious to you in the slightest, drop it quickly unless you have lots of money laying around to spend on what is essentially gambling.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    yeah, nothing on the US PlayStore yet, but I think they did the same thing with Digimon Heroes as well but I don't think the region where they launched it first (maybe as a test run or something) was Australia. Gotta look and check how long it took for the wider release in that case but with linkz being somewhat more prominent and heavier advertised it might not take as long this time.
    Australia and Romania had the rest run for Heroes a year or so prior to the global release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Where are all our Aussie members to tell us how it plays? Or whether there are differences from the JP version?
    I'm planning on recording a short podcast about it tonight.
    EDIT: Just did the thing.
    Last edited by Airdramon; 10-05-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Well bummer. Still shows the registration page on the Indian Play Store. Guess it's gonna be like Pokémon Go for us all over again, with an extremely late rollout. Also, I agree with Jay. That Appmon icon pack looks pretty! Any idea if I can get it on Evie Launcher, or if I'm gonna need something like Substratum or CMTE ('cause that would suck)?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Airdramon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    yeah, nothing on the US PlayStore yet, but I think they did the same thing with Digimon Heroes as well but I don't think the region where they launched it first (maybe as a test run or something) was Australia. Gotta look and check how long it took for the wider release in that case but with linkz being somewhat more prominent and heavier advertised it might not take as long this time.
    Australia and Romania had the rest run for Heroes a year or so prior to the global release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Where are all our Aussie members to tell us how it plays? Or whether there are differences from the JP version?
    I'm planning on recording a short podcast about it tonight.
    How soon from the test run from official release did Australia have it? Seems like it'll be a long wait and everyone being really far ahead

Updated the news.

Digimon Links is available on Google Play in the USA.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Updated the news.

Digimon Links is available on Google Play in the USA.
    OMG WOW! so maybe its releasing this week. Now come to iOS!!

*sigh* Getting an iPhone is steadily becoming a problem for a lot of the games I want. iOS always seems to be behind GooglePlay for getting games, or worse, not getting them at all...
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    So, a quick question for anyone who's played the Japanese version: is it possible to install and run the game on a rooted phone or one running a custom ROM? Mine is currently rooted, and Super Mario Run acts kinda wonky, and Pokemon Go I haven't played in a while for the obvious reason that I do not want to unroot my phone, because I may be soon switching to a custom ROM, so I wanna know, does a rooted device status affect the ability to install Digimon Links from the Play Store? I have absolutely no problem with unrooting my phone if that's the case, but I wanna know if it's technically possible to even install the game if your device is rooted.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast