With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Linkz Coming West as Digimon Links, Update- Website

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Perfect! Finally a digimon game on the phone that won't disappoint!
    nah it doesn't have story, very boring and repetitive. I played the japanese for 1 month, got bored instantly. Combat is more simplified than CS, and it's also slow af. I still prefer Crusader / Heroes at any time even though it's only 2D. The only interesting about Linkz is just its multiplayer online battle and the unusual roster

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Interestingly, unlike Heroes, this doesn't seem to be georestricted. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. My best friend is gonna be delighted too.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Well this is great news, I've been checking this game out for years, playing heroes since launch (now a little burned out), and look forward to starting anew with this ^_^

Quick question:
    If the android version comes out first and I start a new file on it, once the iOS version comes out, will I be able to transfer that file over to the iOS version?
    Last edited by Subster; 09-14-2017 at 07:04 AM.

That's good news, finally we can experience the rich world and in-depth story of Linkz in english... wait, it doesn't have any of that.
    It's nice anyway. I wouldn't bank on any new models for the english version, considering the general lack of actual new assets produced for heroes... I mean there were like 2 or 3 cards with art that wasn't recycled from somewhere else. Best case scenario, maybe the US version could put in some models from Next 0rder that are still missing from the japanese version.

Apart from that I hope they don't change too much about the technical side of things, so I don't need to change my methods for extraction. This was the case with Heroes, which still plays like Crusader but under the hood the systems are completely different. I have a feeling that Linkz could be different in this regard since it's more complex than a match-3 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Subster View Post
    Quick question:
    If the android version comes out first and I start a new file on it, once the iOS version comes out, will I be able to transfer that file over to the iOS version?
    The japanese version had an option to transfer your progress between devices via a special code you could generate. You could also register with a bandai ID, it's possible that this way you could get some kind of cloud save but I never tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    That's Volcanicdramon, he was make for Links.
    Ah. No relation to Volcdramon, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Ah. No relation to Volcdramon, I presume?
    No, not yet at least. Since Volcdramon isn't in Linkz and Volcanicdramon hasn't appeared anywhere else there hasn't been a chance for that connection to arise yet.
    But note that Volcdramon is mentioned in the profile of Lavogaritamon, Volcanicdramon's perfect form.

Ain't got no mojo... Digital:Fantasy's Avatar
    Does anyone know the system requirements for Linkz/Links on android devices? Just want to know if my tablet or phone will be able to install the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital:Fantasy View Post
    Does anyone know the system requirements for Linkz/Links on android devices? Just want to know if my tablet or phone will be able to install the game.
    I don't know performance-wise what the actual minimum specs are, but I've found that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is borderline unplayable, if you're looking for a point of reference.

Do note that this game will take up ~3GB of storage on its own, that cannot be transferred to an external storage device (without OS mods, but that's way beyond the scope of this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Digital:Fantasy View Post
    Don't really know about other details, but current japanese Linkz need at least 1 GB space of memory (old version some months ago needs like 1.5 GB), save some hundreds MBs so your phone won't have full storage issues. Also i need to mention that Linkz drain battery quite fast and heat your phone quickly, not as quick as early Pokemon Go app though.

Quote Originally Posted by Subster View Post
    Well this is great news, I've been checking this game out for years, playing heroes since launch (now a little burned out), and look forward to starting anew with this ^_^

Quick question:
    In japanese you can but the drawback is you'll lose all of your digistone (currency for gachas and stuff that could be get daily or bought with real money).

Ain't got no mojo...
    Thank you for the responses
    Let's hope they release both versions simultaneously in this case :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast