With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Spirits Updates, Image Previews, Accessory Set Pre-Order!, Update- More Images

Battle Spirits Updates, Image Previews, Accessory Set Pre-Order!, Update- More Images

We have a nice batch of Battle Spirits info tonight...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, previews of the art for a couple of well known Digimon, along with some dates when we will get more info...

The 8 XR cards will be shown on September 15th. Based on AtlurKabuterimon and HolyAngemon being two of them, makes you want to guess who the other 6 will be...

The XXR card will be shown off on September 22nd. We already know this is Omegamon, but it'll be interesting to see the stats and other details.

In addition they show off a bit more art with another date for more info...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Nice art of six of the Adventure partners' Perfect forms. They also announce on September 29th that they will announce deck info (recommended setups, etc.)

Next up... a bunch of gorgeous high resolution preview images of art from the upcoming card set. Because of the size of these, we're embedding thumbnails that link to larger images from our gallery.

Some of the art we've seen before, some are new... but they all look gorgeous enough that it almost makes me want to import a case of the cards.

Update- More Images!

More than a few familiar faces in these images. Some really good dynamic looking art.

Update- More images!

A few popular character choices.

Update- And a few more!

Four water friendly Digimon this time!

Update- Yet more!

A familiar, and popular, villain line!

Update- And more again!

It's Piyomon and her line from Adventure!

Update- More!

Two trees and two beasts!

Update- Yet again!

It's everyone's favorite plant!

Update- And another

A selection of Digimon most people will remember.

Update- Look who it is this time!

Gomamon and his evos! (to bad the image quality on some of these are among the lower we've seen thus far though.)

Update- Another batch!

Truly, some of the most beloved Digimon.

Update- Another batch!

Some popular villains.

Update- And another!

This time we have a selection of a few different characters.

Update- Another partner Digimon!

Who doesn't love Tentomon and his evos?! (They weer given in reverse order, so they've been put up in the same order.)

Plus one more...

Oh no... say it isn't so Battle Spirits... The last piece of art they're showing off is Omegamon... and it's exceedingly low quality compared to the others (I think we've had higher quality art of this shot elsewhere in fact...)

And while it isn't huge and clean previews, a photo of a few more cards...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We've seen a few of these before, but not all of them...

Update Again- The 8 XR cards, along with a preview of a few more cards, and some details about game mechanics.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The 8 cards are exactly who you'd expect. Each of the partners final forms (circa Adventure.) Nice to get a few more character and option card previews also (Leomon looks quite impressive.)

Garm says the text is mostly game mechanics.

Update- And for those who don't care about mechanics at all, the cards in as high quality as is available at the moment.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They all look quite good. I especially like the brush stroke effect on many of them.

Update- While the art previews are over, they've tossed up 3 card previews and...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

3 LCD Digimon! A rather nice surprise for a few cards.

Update- 3 more of the LCD Digimon!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's rather neat that they are doing a few of these.

Update- 2 more LCD Digimon and...

a preview of the foil effect that will be on various cards!

Update- Well, this is a nice surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Preview of two anime themed cards!

And last but not least...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With only half a month to go until the Digimon booster set comes out for Battle Spirits, they've announced a special set of accessories, the Battle Spirits Battlers' Goods Set- Digimon.

This will include a number of Digimon themed items that fans who plan to import the Battle Spirits cards should enjoy.

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The packaging. This is a storage box featuring the Omegamon art and crest symbols that is roughly 14.7 x 4.2 x 2.9 inches. Perfect size to fit cards...

Included inside the packaging are various items...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a card case with a Digivice theme. This will be a plastic case, used to hold a card deck, with a flap and some way to hold it closed (potentially velcro.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The other items in the accessory set will be shown off later..

On September 20th they will show off card sleeves. There will be 2 sets included, each set will contain 50 sleeves.
    On September 27th they will show off a rubber playmat.
    On October 4th they will show off 3 special cards that feature new art. These will be 'magic' cards, a type of option card, rather than character cards.

Update- They've added an image for the second item.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As mentioned before, these are card sleeves. 2 different designs are included, one featuring some very familiar digimoji and the crests, the other with the partner Digimon from Adventure. There are 50 of each design included in the accessory set. You would use these to protect the cards while still being able to see and read all the details on the front.

The accessories set is currently available for pre-order at Premium Bandai. It costs 5,400 yen and pre-orders will close on October 20th. It's currently scheduled to ship in December.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get the above item sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to name a few 'official' affiliate shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows their 'official' page for Premium Bandai.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The link embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Thanks to garm for the translations.

Update- Swapped the news around a bit to make it easier to read.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

These cards are looking amazing!

Loved other digimon like Monzaemon and Megadramon

Completely digital CrazyAristocracy's Avatar
    Follow CrazyAristocracy on DeviantArt
    That Vademon tho <3

Follow Osuka On Twitter Add Osuka on Facebook
    I wish Yu-Gi-Oh! would do stuff like this! It would be so cool to use my favorite monsters in my favorite card game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAristocracy View Post
    That Vademon tho <3
    He actually looks scary in his card

lol just notice him in you avatar

Hoping for digimon like Gesomon, and Monochromon

Holy crap those are hi-res. I actually clicked on the Greymon card and started looking for Taichi and Hikari in the background. They aren't there, but those are definitely Parrotmon's feathers!

These cards look fantastic. Nice touch with the Parrotmon feathers. It's a shame the other cards don't have background allusions like that.

That's some great looking artwork. I kind of doubt that they will ever release the clear art in this kind of resolution without the watermark though, so in this case I thought it might be worth it to remove the watermarks myself. So far I've finished 3 Images:

As with the ones in the images in the opening post, they are embedded as thumbnails.
    For uncompressed PNG files that with around 10mb each were too big for imgur (if you don't want to take any changes when it comes to additional artifacting) click here.

How long the others take depends from image to image, but it might take a few days.
    Last edited by Theigno; 09-15-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Echoing everyone in how the artwork is gorgeous! Palmon's is my favourite so far. When it comes to digital art I do painting way more than lineart so I love seeing more of it too, especially since you don't get a lot of painted Digimon art..most Digimon artwork (aside from Digica Taisen) tend to use more linework-focused styles.
    Sliightly saddened though on how Digimon cards seem to be going strong (with this set plus the 20th anniversary one coming out), while the Appmon one is all but dead..I'd hoped that they'd at least release the God grade cards to make it feel more complete, since the game was definitely designed with them eventually getting released in mind.

And on the topic of artwork, sometimes I wonder about how so many Digimon card games don't mention the illustrators which is kinda sad..recently the 2 Appmon card games both don't mention any (I don't own the data carddass ones, but I don't remember seeing the illustrators being mentioned on the back? Digica Taisen did, but it's so hard to find pics of the card backs online so I still can't find a nice list of most of the illustrators).
    Battle Spirits has the convention at least so that's great! I recognise the Greymon as sasasi's style, I'm a huge fan of their Digimon artwork haha. They're AMAZING in case anyone hasn't seen: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=143336

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac28211 View Post
    It's a shame the other cards don't have background allusions like that.
    Well, Monzaemon has Toy Town in the background.

The art is pretty damn awesome. I take it that all of the Digimon getting cards will have appeared in the Adventure animes. Can't wait to see Dagomon.
    PFTHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the art, particularly Theigno's cleaned-up versions. At that size, they might make great illustrations for another card game... I'm also looking forward to seeing the cards themselves, since thanks to my mania for classification I'm not much more excited to see the art than I am to see what Battle Spirit color(s) each Digimon is assigned.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast