With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Ain't got no mojo... JonicOokami7's Avatar
    Follow JonicOokami7 On Twitter Add JonicOokami7 on Discord Add JonicOokami7 on DeviantArt
    Oh kool. I need to use the Konami Code.

It's true I lacked on feeding it it's fave food. (I wasn't sure that it affects mood. as well as training at specific day points either)
    But diddling around with the debug I did start feeding it the Radish more (which helps raise Obediance so thats an upside for being a fave food).

Still can't seem to beat an enemy digimon yet though.

Current Status

Adventure mode is also fully moddable. The enemies.csv file has every opponent in each zone of the game with its stats listed. You can check it out or even change anything if you want to. And if you do change anything, please let me know if you think of any numbers that seem more balanced.

Ain't got no mojo... JonicOokami7's Avatar
    Follow JonicOokami7 On Twitter Add JonicOokami7 on Discord Add JonicOokami7 on DeviantArt

A few minor edits. but From what I can see. I feel alot of the Zone 1 Digimon for a start should have Power levels under 10 for the first hundred steps (I.E Kuwagamon, Sukamon Numemon) As I feel players will more then likely jump into this the first chance they get if they havnt trained enough (Something I did)

Created an account just for this because I think it is pretty awesome.
    Just a few notes on the latest version.
    -A small bug when it is raining(or night time? I think it was both), whenever you enter and leave the evolution tree menu the screen gets darker everytime until you can't see anything. Then you have to save and quit to fix it. The "darkness" isn't changing correctly when you change the UI size, too.
    -I don't know if it's an issue just here on my PC, but when playing with normal clock speed, it actually goes a tiny bit faster than real time, after about an hour you have start to see the difference, and the digimons always die overnight because even if you go to sleep by 22:00, when you return at 6 AM it's already 13:00 for the digimon.
    -Ever think about adding an autosave feature? Like saving everytime the player does something active(feeding, training, teaching, cleaning, exploring, NOT cycling through menus) and when the game is closed. Or if it's too much load for the game(it's already using 250mg of RAM, that's a lot for an app like this) just do it every 10 minutes and when the game is closed.
    -I think it would be fair to still show the evolution requirements even when the entries are locked on the evolution tree menu, this way you can actively try to evolve into unknown digimon instead of shooting in the dark in hopes of getting a different digimon than the ones you already found.
    Looking forward to see this grow. Best wishes.

The "3/16/18 (Version 1)" build seems to have fixed the time skipping a lot when the day transitions, but time still flows a little bit faster than real time when the game is running, and even without the time skip in the morning of the next day the digimon still dies as if a lot of time has passed. Ever considered using the system clock insted just for the real-time mode? It might automatically fix all those problems.
    The digimon is also sleeping a lot during daytime, is this normal?
    The screen getting darker when leaving the evolution tree still happens to me, it seems it adds another layer of the dark filter whenever you leave it.

Is there a way to change the size of the device? My 4K monitor makes it hard to use V-Pet.

You can go into settings and choose one of the highlighted boxes

Quote Originally Posted by theundersigned View Post
    You can go into settings and choose one of the highlighted boxes

Sorry, I meant make it bigger than it can currently get, so like a 4th size option.

Could you take a screenshot of the current largest size so I have an idea of how much bigger it should be?

Wow, this is pretty cool. I should have seen this before I started making my own.
    I guess they have different features.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast