With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

I do not, but it looks like it may be fixed
    I'll letcha know if I encounter it again

Also the special sprites for attacks is a super cool idea! Excited to see Platinum Numemon's once my Etemon evolves!

All the attack sprites I used are from the virtual pets, and I think I used platinum numemon's attack sprite from the DMX. They might be fun to customize later though.

Ain't got no mojo...
    The special attack sprites make this game even more complete and appreciable. Thank you for your work.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hey i'm someone who loves to play this, however i wish i was able to port it to something like a raspberry pi 0 in order to play it on the go so i could make it it look like a full on digivice. I was wondering if there was a way to make it work on a 3 button system like full on digivices, so i as wondering if you could make it run on a 3 button system? Thanks and much love, Bowwing

I can look into it when I get the chance. It'd probably take some time to finish, though, so for now I'll probably prioritize the features I have planned already

EDIT: This is actually a lot more interesting than what I'm currently working on, so I'll see if I can get it sorted first
    Last edited by theundersigned; 01-10-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Things are looking good on my halloween themed v-pet shell and habitat!
    A three button system sounds neat! Would we have to update shells though?
    Either way would it'll be cool!
    (All credit for the Shell and Habitat go to the artist V-Pet on Tumblr)

I'm a Maniac
    I wonder if there's some sort of imaging program that could take normal backgrounds and convert them into looking pixelated enough to be used as DVPet backgrounds? I have a handle on how to make new Digimon sprites, but the background thing kind of eludes me. I ask because I feel like the default screen might be better served by being the Village of Beginnings.

Background's looking great! And that shell reminds me I still need a way to add new designs more easily...Pretty sure I said that last time too...

Making everything work with 3 buttons won't be visually represented on screen like Digimon Unlimited. It'll just be an alternative to the mouse.

Backgrounds can be edited like normal, and any new background can be named anything you like. The only restriction is that the default background is always called defaultBack or whatever. So if you want a different default, you'll have to replace the current default background image.

The image itself only has to have the same dimensions as the other background images and has to be a png file.

To get backgrounds to appear in game, you only need to fill everything out in the habitats.csv file and have a price greater than 0. Then it should show up in the game's shop.

It seems like TimeSkip being disabled isn't working, I loaded up some of my old saves, specifically my Pteranomon and my Gesomon.
    They died as soon as I loaded them up, but I looked into the debug and they still had plenty of life left. As soon as I went back 10 minutes they popped back to life.

Also thank you for the compliment on my new shell and background c:

Fixed the bug. I forgot to include a section of the time skip calculations in the check for whether they were disabled or not.

EDIT: Fixed some new, serious bugs while working on the keyboard. Since I'm a pleb coder and don't have a github setup for my project, I uploaded the fix along with what I've done with the keyboard implementation so far under the assumption that it wouldn't affect normal gameplay. Let me know if anything happens as a result of this half-finished feature, and hopefully I'll get it fully finished before too long.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 01-19-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 LastLast