With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Follow JonicOokami7 On Twitter Add JonicOokami7 on Discord Add JonicOokami7 on DeviantArt
    It works now. With this knowledge in mind I feel I am capable of making more mods for this app. In fact I was initially going to distribute Lupemon publicly for people who are interested in DVP. But I felt I would be more comfortable with him more personal. (Not that anyone would care much anyway)
    Though I have worked up a few Obscure characters in the franchise like so.
    Overlord GAIA

Vemmon

Glad it works!

I think it would be really cool if people wanted to share their own custom Digimon or custom evolution lines with other people. The sprites I've seen from you so far are really nice especially. It'd be awesome if I had somewhere for people to exchange each other's work.

Follow JonicOokami7 On Twitter Add JonicOokami7 on Discord Add JonicOokami7 on DeviantArt
    Well. For now we could just use this thread. But I think it would be fun to build a modding community for this fan game. I hope I can encourage other people to do it with any Future mod i make and release.

ETA:
    Playing around with the pet i've had multiple times where my Digimon has died before reaching champion.

I feel that It's mostly the inability to make the Digimon fall asleep faster so it can recover it's energy.
    The lack of ability to make Weight fall down quicker is also a problem.

If i could suggest a few other things I feel it should be.

-Easier to make the Digimon become in a good mood. (As of writing My Digimon is in it's hurt sprite while the Icon on the energy screen is three elipses.)
    -Make A food that Lowers weight but Lowers Discipline/Happyness
    -Have the Digimon fall asleep with lights out faster or via a command.
    and finally
    -Have Hunger and Strength Deplete Slower or Not at all while sleeping.
    - The Fresh Digimon also comes out Fatigued sometimes. I'm not sure which was intended. But if it was intended to come out Fatigued this hinders raising it's empty Strength hearts from the get go.
    My Digimon's stats for reference

Update: He died again. And then there was a weird instance where the next baby died the second it hatched.
    Last edited by JonicOokami7; 03-02-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Removed a post for post bumping. This is not allowed on the forum.

This does sound like a problem. The Digimon being fatigued after hatching was something I thought I had fixed. Which version are you running? You can see the current version at the top of the change log txt file. I fixed the fatigue bug in the 3/2/18 version.

Also, dying very soon after hatching is definitely not right. I think I know what's causing it, though.

I'll get a new version out very soon with the fix to that, since it's pretty much game-breaking.

As for your suggestions, vitamins used to decrease weight. Maybe I can look into that again.

The mood/energy problem could have a couple different sources, which means the best solution could be different depending on what the issue is. Could you give me a sort of "blow-by-blow" description of how you usually start caring for the Digimon after it hatches? For example, to what point do you feed it, what do you feed it, how much do you train it, when do you put it to sleep, what's its energy look like at various times, does it become fatigued/injured/sick, etc. Anything you can think of that happens in the course of a game. This will give me a better idea on how to proceed with any changes.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow Pepper Rocket On Twitter
    Whoa, I can't believe I didn't see this until now. I'll try to test it out more later, but it's really impressive!

Would you be interested in the D-1 Grand Prix battle sound files? You look like you've got all you need sound-wise, but I hate stuff like that just sitting unused on my computer and it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm glad you're interested in trying it out!

I would be interested in those sound files, thanks! The next big feature I'm working on has to do with the battle system, so it might be nice adding in some variety.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow Pepper Rocket On Twitter
    Awesome! You can download them from here.

This does sound like a problem. The Digimon being fatigued after hatching was something I thought I had fixed. Which version are you running? You can see the current version at the top of the change log txt file. I fixed the fatigue bug in the 3/2/18 version.

Also, dying very soon after hatching is definitely not right. I think I know what's causing it, though.

I'll get a new version out very soon with the fix to that, since it's pretty much game-breaking.

As for your suggestions, vitamins used to decrease weight. Maybe I can look into that again.

The mood/energy problem could have a couple different sources, which means the best solution could be different depending on what the issue is. Could you give me a sort of "blow-by-blow" description of how you usually start caring for the Digimon after it hatches? For example, to what point do you feed it, what do you feed it, how much do you train it, when do you put it to sleep, what's its energy look like at various times, does it become fatigued/injured/sick, etc. Anything you can think of that happens in the course of a game. This will give me a better idea on how to proceed with any changes.
    Well usually I play on 4X speed. As soon as the Digimon hatches I feed it and then train it.

after that I typically let it sit there until it needs anything next.

repeat cycle.

It's energy would be by a quarter when it goes to sleep normally. I tend to make it sleep as long as possible before it needs something (I.E feeding or training) so it's difficult for it's energy to become full again.

It rarely became sick but it did occasionally become Injured at uncommon occurances

ETA currently using the version where you added easier Egg modding. (2/28/18) Version1

Further note -
    Currently using the newest version. And this is more of a complaint a friend of mine has about the Digimon refusing training too often.
    Perhaps making the Digimon unable to refuse training will help?

I myself feel that 25 successful Training sessions is too much. especially with the limited energy and how easy it is to fail some of them.
    perhaps a solid 10 successes would be easier?
    Last edited by JonicOokami7; 03-07-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Thank you for this! I just need to ask a few more questions to narrow down the root causes.

How many times do you train when it hatches? How many times do you typically train in a row? How long do you wait before training again? How often does it become fatigued? Do you train in its favorite attribute or in something else?

Similarly, how many times do you feed it when it hatches? How many times do you typically feed it in a row? How long do you wait before feeding again? Do you feed it its favorite food or something else? How many vitamins do you feed it in a day?

You mention that you let it sleep until it needs something. Is this after the Digimon falls asleep on its own, or do you usually put it to sleep yourself? Also, you can let it sleep for as long as you like without needing to care for it. If the call icon doesn't light up and it isn't beeping at you, the Digimon doesn't need care. Constantly waking it up will lower its mood and mess up its sleeping schedule (which is intentional). This could be one of the reasons you're having trouble with energy.

Refusing training is affected by enthusiasm and obedience most significantly, so if anyone has trouble training, it's possible that enthusiasm is too low. This value rises over time naturally, but you can also increase it yourself by feeding the Digimon fish or vitamins. Fish is recommended, though, because vitamins are best used sparingly.

If you train during the correct times, energy should actually seem almost limitless. If you train during the Digimon's favorite time of day, for example, there is a 50% chance of not losing any energy. If you train during clear weather, there is a 10% chance. So if you train during the Digimon's favorite time of day and the weather is clear, there is a 60% chance of not losing any energy. Over multiple training sessions, this effect is so strong that I've even considered nerfing it.

Could you explain a bit more about why you would prefer attribute power to be tracked by 10 instead of 25? Is it so you have a better idea of how close you are to certain evolution requirements?

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast