With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Ain't got no mojo...
    theundersigned My digimon already give me a present however when I go to items it still shows "Empty". Have I done something wrong?

EDIT - It didnt appear at first but after awhile it already show on ITEMS =)
    Last edited by ShadowBoy; 12-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.

What item was it? That's not something I've come across yet. And unfortunately I have no clue why it behaved that way.

I'll try to figure out what caused the delay, so let me know if it happens again.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by theundersigned View Post
    I had trouble assigning prices and money to items and tournaments because I wasn't sure how important the items and food would be. I don't have any problem with changing these numbers, though. I'd like to increase how much money is won from tournaments specifically since most items have multiple uses. But I'm sure item prices could use an adjustment as well.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or if someone's changed the prices themselves and found a point that works better.
    Mainly I think that some of the backgrounds need to come down in price since I feel like my Digimon is living in a padded room in an insane asylum? I'd also settle for just changing the default background tbh.

hi! first of all i absolutely love this and think it's a great idea! i just downloaded the most recent version yesterday, but i've found that whenever i try to reload a save after closing, everything appears to be frozen. i know the correct save is loaded because i can click on the information tab and all the stats match up, but the only tabs i can click on are the information tab and the save / save+quit tab. every other option isn't responsive. i usually can't see my digimon at all, or I'll see a freeze-frame of my digimon doing whatever it might be doing normally. i'm just wondering if this has happened before and i missed how to load save files correctly, or if there's otherwise any way to fix this?

That sounds new, actually. Sorry about all the trouble. Hopefully it's something I can fix quickly when I get off work. By any chance, is there an error log .txt file in the game's folders?

don't worry about it! i'm not really sure what it could be either-- i updated my java before downloading and playing anything. i looked through all the folders and there wasn't any error log file.

Hello again! I haven't updated to the newest version, my version is the 11/28 version.
    I entered a Tournament, an age 9 tournament, and won the first battle. Then it froze while showing the latest victors and losers of the bracket
    Here's the Tournament icon

I'm afraid I don't remember what the fighters involved were
    Also I don't remember where to find bug reports

Uh oh. Sorry about that. The errorlog.txt file should be in the game folders with the change log txt file and whatnot. Let me know if you find it when you get the chance.

Ah that explains it, there isn't a bug report :3
    I had to force close the program so maybe that's why...?

Hm. If there's no error log, then I don't think the game is "technically" breaking. It must be looping endlessly or something.

I can't seem to reproduce it either, so I can only imagine it was caused by a specific Ultimate/Perfect level Digimon. If it froze while it was showing the result of each NPC's fight, then it must have hung up on one of those fights. Maybe a certain combination of attacks and AI caused one of the matchups to last forever. Do you remember what was on the screen when the program froze?

I think what I'll do is have one of the npcs surrender after a certain number of turns.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 12-14-2019 at 08:21 AM.