With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 263334353637 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Ain't got no mojo...
    theundersigne I'm loving the new patch. Do you already know how will you implement the new x evolutions in the game?

Glad it's working for you so far! Let me know if any part of the game doesn't behave like it should. I spent a good while testing it and it's not all that big, but it's hard for one person to find everything.

I still have some ideas for x evolutions, but not really anything I'm 100% happy with yet. At this point, I'm mostly waiting until I can get a large enough number of X Digimon sprites to warrant the time spent developing an x-antibody system. I ordered the art book for the Digital Monster X, but that won't be coming for a while.

A.) I love all the new features! Especially the keeping the window on top of other windows option!
    B.) You mentioned "Added transition to pausing game"? What did yah mean by that? Is there a pause function now?

I wanted to add something that made it clear when the game is paused, but I didn't like the idea of just replacing the Digimon with a fridge. That's all the transition is. Unfortunately, the game can still only be paused on faster clock settings.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Just made an account to tell you that I was 5 minutes away from buying either a "Tamagotchi ON" or the 20th Anniversary "Digimon". Then I found this and it literally makes those others look like piles of garbage. Please don't stop working on this idea. I pray for an actual release some day, maybe with a physical device that can transfer between PC and handheld.

Thank you, this rocks.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocoHunter View Post
    Just made an account to tell you that I was 5 minutes away from buying either a "Tamagotchi ON" or the 20th Anniversary "Digimon". Then I found this and it literally makes those others look like piles of garbage. Please don't stop working on this idea. I pray for an actual release some day, maybe with a physical device that can transfer between PC and handheld.

Thank you, this rocks.
    It's nice for me, too since I have the anniversary v-pets but with this I can keep them more as collector's items and have a digital backup.

And trust me, if I could find sprite sheets for Tamagotchi, I'd be porting them all into this, lol. But the tamagotchi fandom doesn't really rip those like Digimon does.

Right now I'm fooling around with trying to adapt most of the Appmon into sprite form for this. I'm also looking for the sprites for Shoutmon x2, Shoutmon x4, Shoutmon x4B and Shoutmon X5 from the Xross Wars Mini for DVpet so that Shoutmon can evolve into actual Xross Wars forms, but so far I've only been able to find the idle poses.

EDIT - Nevermind for some of this. Apparently most of Shoutmon's forms are already in the pet, just not currently accessible? Or at least they don't show up in the chart yet. I did do an edit for Shoutmon King Ver though. Will probably do Arresterdramon Superior Mode and Arresterdramon Brave Snatcher edits so Gumdramon has a Perfect and Ult, though.
    Last edited by e105zeta; 11-11-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Ok, so... its been a while since i last played the vpet and i must say, its looking better and better, Thx for the awsome work and keep it upˇˇˇ As it is, im exploring it again and some things caught my attention: does attacks effects actually work?? or is it just some kind of place holder?? also, i notice whenever i change the map on adventure mode and try to go to that map, digimon shows teleporting but then it freezes the program... Is it a bug or the second map its not really implemented?? finally, what do cards suppose to do?

Quote Originally Posted by CrocoHunter View Post

Thank you, this rocks.
    I'm glad you like it so far! Let me know if the program starts giving you any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Nr11 View Post
    Ok, so... its been a while since i last played the vpet and i must say, its looking better and better, Thx for the awsome work and keep it upˇˇˇ As it is, im exploring it again and some things caught my attention: does attacks effects actually work?? or is it just some kind of place holder?? also, i notice whenever i change the map on adventure mode and try to go to that map, digimon shows teleporting but then it freezes the program... Is it a bug or the second map its not really implemented?? finally, what do cards suppose to do?
    I'm glad you're liking the look of it!

Attack effects work. Or they're supposed to work. Are they giving you problems? They're a little hard to give feedback for since the screen is so small, so it's hard to know when they go into effect.

I didn't realize the second map popped up in-game. I partially implemented it some time ago, but I didn't think it was enough to make it appear in the map selection. So yeah. That's why it crashes the game. Sorry about that.

Cards haven't been implemented yet, but they're essentially attack effects that last multiple turns. They're also an alternative way of earning bits, and they'll be won through the adventure mode or purchased in a shop.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Ohhh... very nice indeed. i cant say it does or doesnt work because i have berely begun to battle with my rookie digimon so any fight usually ends with one it, lol... ill try to give feedback down the lane. Its exciting to see how things are turning out for this project.

2) Say, i cnat seem to get bits. I thought whenever i defeated an enemy digimon i would get them but alas, im 4200 steps in area 1, with 30 battles in my belt and not a single bit has been earned O_o Anyone?? (reading the thread i came to notice doing tournaments is a way to earn bits, is it the only?)

3) So my greymon died and i got to start again with another botamon, the thing is when it was time to evolve, i had trained 6 times and as soon as it evolved it automatically registers another traing (without the actual training O_o) and put me past the 6 training to exahust so now it gets a care mistake, is this by design or a bug??
    Last edited by Nr11; 11-14-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Consecutive Posting

Sorry I missed your posts.

Bits can only be earned by fighting in tournaments currently. The only other way I plan on players earning bits is by selling cards they win from enemies in adventure.

#2 does sound like a bug. I think I know what's going on, though, so I'll try to get it fixed as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for letting me know!
    Last edited by theundersigned; 11-15-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 263334353637 LastLast