With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Apologies, I fixed the egg table.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kLQa9GB
    "If I can help others, my fate is unimportant!" ​-Angemon

I'm a Maniac
    So this is some minor feedback, but when it comes to praise/scolding, it creates really confusing situations when those obedience events stack. For instance - a Digimon ignores an order in battle and then wins. Do you scold then praise or praise and then scold? Stuff like that makes things weird.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Decided to make an account on the site after trying this out, mostly because I ran into a bug that ends up hardlocking me in one of the Attack description screens and I had to force-quit the program.

Code:
    20191017_172459 : class java.lang.AssertionError : EmptyModel.AttackEffectProcess.getEffectDescription(AttackEffectProcess.java:1013)
    Model.AttackEffectProcess.getAttackDescription(AttackEffectProcess.java:901)
    View.SpriteAnim.drawDescription(SpriteAnim.java:7018)
    View.SpriteAnim.drawAttackDescription(SpriteAnim.java:6958)
    View.SpriteAnim.checkSystemMenus(SpriteAnim.java:4743)
    View.SpriteAnim.run(SpriteAnim.java:4596)
    Controller.ClockTic.run(ClockTic.java:283)
    Controller.ClockTic.gameLoop(ClockTic.java:234)
    vpetSettings.main(vpetSettings.java:35)
    Not sure if there's an easy solution to this that I can do on my end to fix it for the time being. The attack in question is Dondokomon's Virus-type attack, but given the error, it seems to be any attack that's classified with that "Empty" keyword. I noticed when looking in the .csvs in the .jar that there's "None" and "Empty" attacks, but they seem to be used for different purposes. Mind if I ask what the difference between the two is?

Besides that, the game's been fun to goof around with. I just wish I was a better tamer! lol

Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    So this is some minor feedback, but when it comes to praise/scolding, it creates really confusing situations when those obedience events stack. For instance - a Digimon ignores an order in battle and then wins. Do you scold then praise or praise and then scold? Stuff like that makes things weird.
    I completely agree with you, but I haven't figured out how to pull it off better. I've been thinking of turning off the scold window when the praise window opens up, but I'm not sure. At the moment, it doesn't matter which you do first. The result should be the same regardless of the order.

Quote Originally Posted by xkirby View Post
    Decided to make an account on the site after trying this out, mostly because I ran into a bug that ends up hardlocking me in one of the Attack description screens and I had to force-quit the program.

Not sure if there's an easy solution to this that I can do on my end to fix it for the time being. The attack in question is Dondokomon's Virus-type attack, but given the error, it seems to be any attack that's classified with that "Empty" keyword. I noticed when looking in the .csvs in the .jar that there's "None" and "Empty" attacks, but they seem to be used for different purposes. Mind if I ask what the difference between the two is?

Besides that, the game's been fun to goof around with. I just wish I was a better tamer! lol
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll get that fixed soon.

Empty was a placeholder I was going to use to make adding attack effects easier. It didn't work out, but I didn't know there were still some sticking around. It should only affect the most recently added Digimon though.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 10-17-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Petition: Flymon should be able to evolve to CannonBeemon
    Reasons:
    A.) They're both in the order Hymenoptera
    B.) Wikimon says they're linked via "Digimon Soul Chaser"
    C.) Flymon doesn't have a lot of evolutions as it is

Edit:
    ALSO
    I have the Digi egg of Love, I have Muchomon with over 40 Def and 35 Virus, over 10 battles, and 0 care mistakes, what am I missing to evolve to Pteranomon? Just time? or do I need a full energy bar...? When should I try and use the Digi-egg? I've tried once already and she refused it
    Last edited by Anomalocaritchi; 10-25-2019 at 08:16 PM.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalocaritchi View Post
    Petition: Flymon should be able to evolve to CannonBeemon
    Reasons:
    A.) They're both in the order Hymenoptera
    B.) Wikimon says they're linked via "Digimon Soul Chaser"
    C.) Flymon doesn't have a lot of evolutions as it is

Edit:
    ALSO
    I have the Digi egg of Love, I have Muchomon with over 40 Def and 35 Virus, over 10 battles, and 0 care mistakes, what am I missing to evolve to Pteranomon? Just time? or do I need a full energy bar...? When should I try and use the Digi-egg? I've tried once already and she refused it
    My understanding is that having the egg in your inventory opens up the possibility for it to Evolve, but you don't use it like a Pokemon Evolution stone. It's essentially a passive key.

Huh. I don't know why flymon doesn't have cannonbeemon already, especially since I use wikimon for all of my evolutions. I'll get that in the next version.

The digimentals are used like items, but you need full energy like jogress. I expect that's probably the issue. Let me know if you still have trouble though.

Ain't got no mojo...
    how can I jogress? Do I need other vpet open? how can i obtain items like digi eggs and stuff?

You can jogress online or locally. If you click on the battle/connect icon in the top right and navigate to jogress, you can choose to host or connect. If you have two programs open on the same computer, you can use the default IP to connect and jogress with those two programs. Jogress-capable Digimon are marked with a little DNA-esque icon in the evolution tree. If you fulfill the evolution's requirements and have full energy, you can jogress with another Digimon that can evolve to that same jogress-capable Digimon. Although each Digimon participating in the jogress has to be different.

You can win digimentals by beating certain bosses in adventure mode.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 10-26-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    S'up dude. I've encountered bugs that i think needs your attention.

1) With regards to tourney battles. Nothing happens after pressing Yes or No, and the game freezes after exiting to the main page.
    2) For some reason when selecting the top right location for adventure mode, it doesnt teleport the digimon to the adventure map but back to the same "default care room?" Any attempts to try again freezes the game.

Appreciate the hard work there brother.