With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

I'm a Maniac
    I know this is double posting and SUUUPER minor considering your amazing work on this project, but I like where you assigned all of the No Level Digimon with one big (pun intended) exception.

Pillomon.

I know that the art out of context makes it seem like a cute little Child Digimon, but if you watched the (admittedly) one episode it appeared in, it was the size of a city bus and looked like it could kill a small platoon of foot soldiers by absently rolling around in its sleep.

https://wikimon.net/images/3/3e/Pilomon_side.png

The little things to the left of it that look like ants are Tagiru and Gumdramon.

No levels are a thing up in the air and even Bandai flings them around randomly, but the scale here is silly for a Child or Rookie even accounting for outliers. I can't really argue what other level I think you should assign it, but Champion/Adult or above would seem to be warranted by scale alone. Other Digimon loosely thematically related to it are Sheepmon, Goatmon, Pajiramon, Bakumon, Phascomon, Monzaemon, WaruMonzaemon, Aegiomon, Aegiochusmon, Porcupamon, and Cutemon. Appmon in the same vein are Sleepmon, and Dreamon to give you ideas about where you could move it in your giant chain of potential evolutions.

Am going to start playing the new update tomorrow and see how things feel from a gameplay perspective.

Ain't got no mojo...
    The fact that this game looks finished yet still in Alpha amazes me! If you don't mind me asking. When do you think DV pet be out of alpha?

Thanks everyone for the ideas on x evolution!

As for pillomon, I just felt it had very child-like features. More so than other would-be child Digimon like piximon, at least. Plus, I liked the idea of having a sheep Child stage that could link some of the other higher stage, sheep-like Digimon.

I planned to have the game in alpha until it's feature complete. I want to spend the beta stage refactoring all of the code to make the program run better and to prepare for an android version.

Hello, does anyone know how to use real time mode without digimon dying at night? I sleep at least 8 hours (the recommended sleep time for a human is that) and just wake up I open the vpet to see how it is, the same thing always happens: the digimon died. I tried to use the fast clock, the problem is that I find it very fast and my digimon does not evolve to what I want due to lack of time when training it.
    If you do not understand something please tell me, my level of English is low and I am using the google translator
    Hail Cotsucomon!

If you open the .jar, you can edit the config.csv file in the models folder. Change enable time skip from true to false.

I'd like to improve real time balance. Could you describe a bit about what your Digimon was doing before you turned the game off? Was it asleep when it turned off? Do you remember for how many hours the game was turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by theundersigned View Post
    If you open the .jar, you can edit the config.csv file in the models folder. Change enable time skip from true to false.

I'd like to improve real time balance. Could you describe a bit about what your Digimon was doing before you turned the game off? Was it asleep when it turned off? Do you remember for how many hours the game was turned off?
    Yes, I usually train him and give him food until he can no longer (the bars are full), the digimon is sleeping (because he has real time) and it is at that moment that I close the vpet and go to sleep. I sleep about 9 hours (8Pm-5Am because I have to go to school), I wake up, I check it and the following things happen in the same order:
    The digimon wakes up.
    The digimon poop.
    The transition animation appears and the digimon dies.
    My friends who also have the vpet say that digimon does the same if 4-5 hours without checking it, I have not checked it because basically I have it open all day, I think it is worth mentioning.
    I hope you find this information useful and thanks for the help

Edit: In config.csv 2 texts appear that say "TRUE", should I edit them both or just the first one?
    Last edited by Peeko; Yesterday at 12:31 PM.
    Hail Cotsucomon!

It should be the last one

I'm a Maniac
    A few more minor thoughts after a few days of playing the latest update:

1) How do you decide between fan sprites and Bandai sprites - especially for the more recent Digimon that just got sprites and so had fan-sprites prior?

2) Is it intentional that Monitamon doubles as a Child/Adult? The tree file lists him as evolving from In-Training then turning into Asuramon and stuff. Was there supposed to be Hi-Vision Monintamon in between? (I guess you could just add an antenna to Monitamon's sprite and you'd basically have HV Monitamon if Digimon Unlimited never finished that).

3) Yukimi Botamon is the default DigiTama, but I think most people would probably expect Botamon to be default. Don't know if this is intentional or if the Yukimi Botamon DigiTama is listed as 0 in the files.

4) Related note: Any thoughts about a language setting? At least for localized vs original names?

5) A sound option that keeps alerts but removes all of the other beeps might be nice.

I made a little table showing the eggs and what they hatch into.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EEx4TYJ
    "If I can help others, my fate is unimportant!" ​-Angemon

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by garurumon View Post
    I made a little table showing the eggs and what they hatch into.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EEx4TYJ
    The new Star egg is Chibickmon, and the last egg, which you don't have here too - is Kuramon.

The only other 16x16 DigiTama, which aren't in DVpet are: Petitmon (Dracomon's baby), Sakumon (Hackmon and Zubamon's baby), Dodomon (Agumon X and Dorumon's baby), Puwamon (baby of both Falcomon), Kotukomon (Ludomon's baby), Jellymon (Terriermon's baby), Cocomon (Lopmon's baby), Fufumon (Ryudamon's baby), Chicomon (V-mon's baby), Puttimon (Lucemon, Kurumon, and Tokomon X-'s baby), and Kiimon (Impmon and Impmon X-'s baby).

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132