With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Sorry for late reply, I don't check the forums that often!
    Hmm, I feel like the Digimon refuses food a bit too often. I understand if it didn't refuse food it likes and had one food it hates which it would refuse way more often, but constantly refusing other foods can be a pain, especially since it's such a basic functionality of a virtual pet! I think toning that one down would be beneficial. Refusing to take protein is okay, nobody likes to take pills lol, and refusing to train is also okay since it's pretty taxing, though it could happen a bit less often if possible. And I haven't personally noticed the Digimon becoming any more obedient that much after being liberal with scolding and praising it in appropriate times, so I think making it a bit more visible/rewarding could be an improvement.

As for an item shop, I'm just still more experienced with Tamagotchis rather than Digimon, and when it comes to Tamagotchi models I tend to like I just love all the versions that have an item shop of some sort. Saving up for that one item you want is super rewarding, and I think in Digimon it would make sense to make some sort of a "shop" with some evolutionary items, like the Armor Eggs from 02, or perhaps even the Crests from Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by JonicOokami7 View Post
    Came back to this after a while to see how it's gone along. Safe to say I've found little issue with the Pet since I got the newest version. Any problems I have come across Is due to my inexperiance with Digimon's Virtual Pet. (I.E Sickness and Injury handling) When I found out this was moddable I didn't hesitate to get started adding my own line/skin/shell etc. Of course. I did have to remove a few Digimon to fit them in...
    Ooh nice! I think you're the first person to try modding this so that makes me happy :]

I tried to make it so you could just add new Digimon in addition to the ones already in-game. The only issue would be when trying to add new eggs, since those are hard-coded in. But in terms of every other evolutionary stage, provided you follow the naming and template conventions, there would hopefully be no trouble in expanding on what I've made so far.

Let me know if you have trouble with any of the modding. The nice thing is that I essentially do the exact same thing whenever I add new characters, so it's in my own best interest to make it as bug-free, dynamic, and easy as possible.

Follow JonicOokami7 On Twitter Add JonicOokami7 on Discord Add JonicOokami7 on DeviantArt
    Well. I have recently discovered that the window that has all the stats and details in it isnt showing when I start the app. I'm not sure if Its an issue with the app itself or There is a new command to alternate it to be shown.

Otherwise besides a few instances where The app wouldn't display the new Digimon I added. (possibly because I accidentally created contradictions with the requirements to Evo. ) Modding was a success. At the cost of the following Digimon. I.E Choromon, Kapurimon, SnowGoburimon, Rukamon, BigMamemon and PlatinumNumemon.

ETA: Perhaps you could add a 12th egg for the sole purpose of being modded. I'm not sure how easy that would be though.
    Last edited by JonicOokami7; 02-28-2018 at 08:55 AM.

I removed the debug menu to test out some of the variables I changed that affect how your Digimon behaves while walking on screen. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to test these accurately if I left the "cheat sheet" in the program.

I just added the ability to more easily add custom eggs to the game, so I hope you get the chance to try it out!

All you have to do is stick a new egg on the end of the eggs in the eggs.png file, making sure to follow the dimensions and margins of all the other eggs (note that this is the only sprite sheet this will work with - you still have to create a new png file for the others). You can add a new background image as well. It just has to be called egg[EggType divided by 3]Back.png, where EggType is the same as the EggType in the csv file.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 02-28-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Follow JonicOokami7 On Twitter Add JonicOokami7 on Discord Add JonicOokami7 on DeviantArt
    I'll give it a chance when I next can. Also. This is more so a question rather then reporting an issue. But how do you know your Digimon's Training levels are slowly raising? I've tried the Vaccine Training like... 20 times and It's still level 0

The level goes up every 25 training, so 5 more and you should be able to see it. It's essentially just an easier check than looking at the Digimon's attack sprite, which also changes sprites every 25 training. That was how I originally hinted at the Digimon's current power levels, but it was hard to remember which sprites represented which level, so I added an extra menu that tracked them numerically.

The graphics are currently in the newest version of the App. My problem now is currently understanding about how Sprite sets and which one is under which number.

See attached.
    Last edited by JonicOokami7; 03-01-2018 at 07:26 PM.

The NewSpriteNum variable denotes where your new sprites are located in the sprite set of a record.

For example, your Champion sprite (Canidramon) would have NewSpriteSet 11 because it is in the spritesChampion11.png file and NewSpriteNum 55 since the first sprite for your new character is the 55th sprite, or the column the Digimon's sprite is in with a 0 index (5) * the number of rows (11).

All other stages function the same way. ChibiLupemon, then, would have NewSpriteSet 1 and NewSpriteNum 44. Lupemon would have NewSpriteSet 6 and NewSpriteNum 55. ArmedCanidramon would have NewSpriteSet 9 and NewSpriteNum 22. And finally, MightyCanidramon would have NewSpriteSet 10 and NewSpriteNum 88.

Eggs are a little different, but you only have to add in values for your new Fresh character and the program will take care of the rest. For example, EggType would be 36 for your new Fresh Digimon (Tinichimon) because the egg it hatches from is the 36th sprite in the eggs.png spritesheet file, or the egg's column (12) * the number of rows (3). Separately, Tinichimon's NewSpriteSet would be 1 and its NewSpriteNum would be 11.

Hope this helped!
    Last edited by theundersigned; 03-01-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Well. The egg bit works until when it hatches. When it does it turns right back to an Egg. I've been going over the Parents and Evolutions files several times to see if I maybe made a miscalcutlation somewhere.

I think what you're missing is changing the Digitama's ParentsLength variable to 13 instead of 12 at the top of the evolutions.csv file because it can hatch into 13 different Digimon now. Since the generic entity "Digitama" is still treated like a Digimon, it has a fixed number of "parents" or rather evolutions it can "evolve" (hatch) into just like any other Digimon in the list.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 03-01-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast