With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

I was afraid that would be too punishing, but it was something I was heavily leaning towards. I wasn't sure if players would place more value on the easy battles in zone 1 or on their progress in later zones. My main concern is people getting stuck in the middle of the map with no money to pay for a zone ticket and not enough strength to win any battles, essentially locking them out of adventure mode until they train up their Digimon and/or earn enough bits.

Ain't got no mojo... Anomalocaritchi's Avatar
    Yeah I was thinking about that...better make sure to save up and get a zone pass to zone 1 and maybe one to back to the zone you were in I suppose!
    You could compromise maybe? Give a digimon a zone ticket back to the zone they're leaving when they die, but still send them back to Zone 1? So they don't really lose progress but they can hit up that easy zone until they're strong enough? Idk that's a hard issue with no one easy solution it seems like!
    Are Zone tickets one use?

Zone tickets are single use but unlike other items they can be stacked. They can send you to any zone you've visited before.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I think i've found a way to carry my V-Pets with me until the android port comes out using an app on android called Wine to run the .exe. Going to test it later to see if it works. If anyone has already tested this let me know.

Edit: Wine allows for Java to be installed too. Just looked it up.
    Last edited by Improv_Master; 08-07-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    So is it just me or does leveling up a stat take a really long time? I've been training a single stat ever since my digimon hatched and its in its second form now, but the stat still hasn't gone past level 0. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're right. Levels are a compromise between the original virtual pet and games like Digimon World. Their main purpose is to act as numerical values that reflect the point at which the attack sprites change - a sort of easy reference for the different attack sprites. Both the levels and the attack sprite's appearance act as an estimate for your current progress. When reading the requirements in the evolution guide, these numbers are the points trained in a specific attribute. 25 points equal 1 level. The evolution guide doesn't base its values in terms of levels but in terms of these points.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I've been playing with this for the past week, just got my MarineDevimon. I love it but I have a few concerns. (my time is at arrow two)
    1) Vegi doesn't really increase Obedience well at all. Having a digimon with it as a favorite I figured it would be a great boon but I didn't see a change at all other than in it's mood which isn't really a problem to manage.
    2) Why does Obedience go down so much when a digimon sleeps? I understand mood, but after the chore-like process of increasing the stat, (the constant scolding and praising) it seems incredibly tedious for it to go down when it requires sleep to regain energy
    3) Enthusiasm : I haven't been able to keep it above 5? Increasing it is a pain compared to it's decreases?
    4) Trying to battle and even thought my digimon has a substantial amount of health, one hit causes my digimon to run away when it can totally defeat the enemy? can't even get past one hit of a tourny without it turning tail.

Overall i enjoy what you've done and look forward to seeing more!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hello everyone. I didn't play for long time so i decided to re-download the updated game after months.
    Once i achieved a rookie digimon i noticed adventure mode there is no more. I see only jogress, wi fi features and tourneys: where did AM go?
    I even see the main post shows still the Adventure Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbostratus View Post
    Hello everyone. I didn't play for long time so i decided to re-download the updated game after months.
    Once i achieved a rookie digimon i noticed adventure mode there is no more. I see only jogress, wi fi features and tourneys: where did AM go?
    I even see the main post shows still the Adventure Mode.
    Adventure mode can be found on one of the side bar buttons (to the far right of the screen). Check out the included controls guide for more explanation of each button.

Quote Originally Posted by Darestrum View Post
    I've been playing with this for the past week, just got my MarineDevimon. I love it but I have a few concerns. (my time is at arrow two)
    1) Vegi doesn't really increase Obedience well at all. Having a digimon with it as a favorite I figured it would be a great boon but I didn't see a change at all other than in it's mood which isn't really a problem to manage.
    2) Why does Obedience go down so much when a digimon sleeps? I understand mood, but after the chore-like process of increasing the stat, (the constant scolding and praising) it seems incredibly tedious for it to go down when it requires sleep to regain energy
    3) Enthusiasm : I haven't been able to keep it above 5? Increasing it is a pain compared to it's decreases?
    4) Trying to battle and even thought my digimon has a substantial amount of health, one hit causes my digimon to run away when it can totally defeat the enemy? can't even get past one hit of a tourny without it turning tail.

Overall i enjoy what you've done and look forward to seeing more!
    Thanks for the feedback!

1) It's possible your Digimon has one of the personalities where obedience is more difficult to maintain. This will cause anything that increases obedience to increase less than usual. Inside the .jar for the game and inside the model folder is another file called foods.csv. You can try changing the obedience for the vegetable to something higher if you like. Let me know if that feels more balanced for this Digimon and especially others you might end up raising.

2) That's strange. Is obedience decreasing by 1 or 2 every hour, or is it dropping more irregularly? Obedience shouldn't be decreasing at all while the Digimon sleeps. And from just checking the code, I'm clearly checking whether the Digimon is asleep before changing obedience hourly. Depending on how much it's decreasing and how irregularly, it must be decreasing somewhere else, which is weird. I'll try to figure it out and get that fixed soon.

3) You don't need enthusiasm above 5. Ideally, the goal is to keep enthusiasm close to 0. But enthusiasm pretty much exclusively affects mood changes when training and on the hourly mood change. If you're not having trouble with mood, then enthusiasm doesn't matter too much.

4) I can tweak the equation to account for a Digimon whose health is still high. Currently, that's only checked when deciding the chance of continue, not when finding the chance of surrender. But since those two chances are compared to determine whether the Digimon asks to surrender/continues/tries to surrender, it'll make sense to check it in both equations.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 08-18-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I'm so dumb and blind Thanks!

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast