With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Ain't got no mojo... Anomalocaritchi's Avatar
    Exciting new update! Do I have to get through the first area to access the shops and tournaments?

Each zone has a town that you can reach within a certain range of steps (which can be changed in the zones.csv file). For example, you're considered in a town between steps 4200 and 4300 in the first zone. It'll be clearer when the background changes, though.

At the moment you have to walk everywhere, but I'll be adding items for instant transportation to towns, the nearest boss, and different zones in a future update. Although I haven't decided yet if I want to work on that first or work on items for stat inheritance and a generational tree instead.

Oh! So I already missed the first town on my ZeedMilleniummon lol Good to know!

I saw that you were gonna add items for transport! Sounds like some really cool stuff!

I absolutely love that you can go from your home PC to the digital world! Really adds to the immersive feeling of the game! Like you really have a digimon right there on your laptop!

You can travel backwards in a zone by changing direction in the zone's details menu. Just click one of the arrows next to the hearts. The town is roughly represented by the house icon in that menu.

Ah I crashed, it was after I just hatched a Pichimon and then was browsing the evolution tree, I closed out of the evolution window and the whole game closed. It did not save my data and I have to rehatch the egg, but it was only born for 3 minutes so it's okay. I'll send the errorlog

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hey, Undersigned! It's me the commenter from YouTube, I had asked if you would make an Android Port. And you replied.

I have a few different topics to talk about.

I took your advice and changed the Time-Skip to FALSE, but that means I have to reset the time every time I check in with my digimon. Which I don't mind at all btw, because I like to take my time raising the digimon, and it feels more satisfying that way.

I do have a few ideas, and a few questions. First and foremost, will the phone port be able to keep my save data if I transfer it? Will you add Hudiemon evolution to the wormmon line, if it is not already in the game? How do I do the online battles and Jogress? And finally, will there be a way to connect multiple v-pets like IRL, but better, and If so, on the phone version, will you implement a "Connection" like system to battle against other people who have the phone port, or Jogress or Tag Battle?

As for my ideas, I think you are on the right track, so there's only slight improvements I would enjoy seeing in the game. One of which is like the Preserver and the Freezer on the latest model V-Pet "Pendulum X" I do believe, and this by itself would solve most of the real-time players problems I believe. Also, adding Tamer Skills(Digimon World: Next Order) and Tamer Interactions, such as the texting in Cyber Sleuth, as well as a Digibank, and a Digifarm would be cool. Other than that once you finish this project, you could make a Digital Digivice, that has all of the ways to evolve your DV-Pet and have it be customize-able as well as being able to mod it. These are just things I think would be really cool, but you don't have to if you don't think it fits in with your vision for the project.

Also, i'll keep you notified as long as I keep playing the game as to whether or not I run into any bugs, or have any more feedback or ideas.

Just continue to keep me posted on this project.

Edit: Using the Real-Time Clock, but my digimon die while I'm away, the time skip is useful, but I always have to reset the clock, which is a minor annoyance, because I feel like i'm not making much progress.
    Last edited by Improv_Master; 08-05-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Glad to hear the time skip option is working for you. You don't have to reset the clock, though. Changing the clock doesn't do anything other than changing the time of day, mechanics-wise. Although I can change it so that only the Digimon is unaffected by the time skip, leaving the clock to advance in time normally.

The very rough aspirations I have for a mobile version will have transferable save data, yes. My initial idea was to restrict the mobile version to a single Digimon to make it seem more like an actual vpet device and allow for more characters by transferring to the desktop version. If I were to make a sort of Digifarm-esque feature, this would also be where I'd do it. Digifarm on desktop and vpet on mobile. Of course, the vpet would work normally on desktop as well. Just conceptually speaking, this would be the kind of setup I think might be neat.

Hudiemon is in the game already, I think. I'm pretty sure I used all the new sprites added by Hacker's Memory when it came out. Eventually I want to add a search feature somewhere in the evolution tree menu to make it easier to find Digimon.

Battling and jogressing are most easily done using a program called Hamachi. If you ever played with DMPC, that's the same program recommended by most players of that game. I created a short video going over the steps here. You can communicate with two games running on the same desktop, though, by keeping the loopback IP (127.0.0.1 or whatever I had it as default) and simply connecting as you would normally.

And finally, will there be a way to connect multiple v-pets like IRL, but better, and If so, on the phone version, will you implement a "Connection" like system to battle against other people who have the phone port, or Jogress or Tag Battle?
    I'm not sure I completely understand this question, but I would like the mobile version to communicate remotely with other devices. Not too sure how to go about doing that, but I assume some kind of bluetooth thing.

I agree with you that some sort of pause option would be good for playing in real-time. Since it's only currently possible to pause the game when the clock is set to run faster, I think it would make sense to enable the pause option when the clock is slow and time skip is disabled.

I also liked your suggestions for interacting with the Digimon in more interesting ways. Writing little messages to your Digimon and having it respond would add a lot to the game.

A real, physical device is something I would love to make one day. Have you seen this video? It would be amazing to create something like that.

I would say the program is nearly feature complete, at least in the overall scheme of things. As soon as I've finished the last feature I originally planned on adding, I'll consider the project in "beta." The reason it's spent so long in alpha is because I've been procrastinating one of the bigger updates I had planned a long time ago in favor of smaller features that I've thought of or that have been suggested to me. The beta stage will mostly be all about bug fixes and code refactoring, but I'll likely add new Digimon and other small features too. The beta stage might be where I begin work on a mobile version as well.

Ooh inheritance! I'm excited to see how much is inherited from good care! Time for ZeedM to age I guess!
    Moves aren't inherited yet then? Exciting though!
    Last edited by Anomalocaritchi; 08-06-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I'm still trying to figure out how best to pull that off. Inheriting stats was something I've always wanted to implement somehow, though. Since a couple people suggested using an item, I wanted to at least get that much in.

I also got another update through that adds transportation items for adventure. Hopefully it will make it easier to get around. I tried to not make them too expensive either to encourage visiting different towns mostly. A town transport ticket is 1000 bits, a nearest boss battle ticket is 2000, and a different zone of that map is 3000.

Wasn't originally planning on getting this done so quickly, which is why these two updates are so close together.

Makes sense! It sounds pretty complicated to do overall. Stat inheritance will be fun regardless! I wonder how much it'll effect evolution overall!

Oh my gosh that's exciting too! Spoiling us with all these updates lol.
    What happens when your current digimon dies and you hatch a new digitama? Do you get sent back to Zone 1?