With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Strength is just like hunger. When it reaches 0, the Digimon will call for attention. If you don't raise strength before the call icon disappears, the Digimon receives a care mistake. Reaching maximum strength results in fatigue. Having anything above 0 and below maximum strength doesn't necessarily carry any benefit, same as hunger. However, when you win enough battles with full strength (4 or more strength hearts), your Digimon's health will increase.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by theundersigned View Post
    Strength is just like hunger. When it reaches 0, the Digimon will call for attention. If you don't raise strength before the call icon disappears, the Digimon receives a care mistake. Reaching maximum strength results in fatigue. Having anything above 0 and below maximum strength doesn't necessarily carry any benefit, same as hunger. However, when you win enough battles with full strength (4 or more strength hearts), your Digimon's health will increase.
    Which leads me to my next question! Sorry!

How do I know how many Care Mistakes I have made? I know it greatly affects some evolutions, and it worries me that I'll never be able to advance to what I want, as I've made it exhausted once already, and another one its hunger fell to 0 and it called for me!

Just like the original vpets, mistakes are invisible. However, you can see how many there are by opening the debug menu (following the instructions on the first page of this thread).

Ain't got no mojo...
    Do care mistakes take over from evolutive lines? Like, if I commit Care Mistakes on my rookie, will it carry over to adult?

The only evolution variables that carry over are battles, the three power levels, and the sickness/injury count (sickness/injury is required by a number of evolutions).

Ain't got no mojo...
    I finally managed to get a Tanemon The challenge will be getting Lalamon because I need to have most of my trainings durning morning *sigh*
    I need a little insight on how to do this, I'm currently playing at Half the Speed (two triangles).

This is my problem: if I wait for the time I need to start training, they start getting hungry. I usually try to keep them in between 1-2 Hunger, as you suggested, but that also means that their strength will drop to 0 while I wait for morning time, meaning that in the meanwhile it will also slowly start getting overweight because I can't do anything but feeding him. Also, it usually happens this: Digimon is active during most of nightime, gets tired, I try to put it to nap but takes quite a while to do so, and in the end by morning it's too tired to train.

Any ideas how to prevent this? More from the mechanical side of things than the technical one.

Also (excuse me for so many questions, this app is complex but I love it so much), we already talked about my issue with playing in real time: if I go to sleep, my Digimon goes to sleep forever (it dies) because time catches up the next morning I wake up and turn the PC on. Does the pause button in the app work to prevent this? Is the only way to do it is modifying the .config file? Is there a plan to adress this issue in the future or is it working as intended and I'm just dumb?

EDIT: Tanemon just evolved into Chuumon, despite it not being reflected in the Evolutive Line preview. I am 100% sure I did something horribly wrong, I just don't know what it was XD
    Last edited by Aldath; 07-08-2019 at 08:46 PM.

It can depend on what you're feeding it too. When hunger drops to 0 you can choose to feed it a vitamin, which will increase both hunger and strength to 1 if both are 0 or decrease strength if strength is greater than 1. Vitamins don't increase weight at all. But you can also feed the Digimon lighter foods if you haven't already. Anything other than meat will only increase weight by 1.

If you try alternating between vitamins and a single training every hour, then you should be able to last until the Digimon becomes tired enough to take a nap that lasts until a time closer to morning. Since all you need is for the majority of training to be in the morning, it shouldn't matter if you have even 6 or so trainings during a different part of the day. The naps, vitamins, and infrequent training will likely keep energy relatively high - high enough to get at least 7 trainings in the morning. However, these numbers aren't exact and depend heavily on how long your Digimon will stay awake, which is affected by how much the Digimon has slept last (which in turn is affected by the amount of energy it had when it fell asleep).

Also, if your Digimon falls asleep normally or even if it's napping, you can still wake it up without receiving a care mistake. It will count as a sleep disturbance (unless it was napping), but you shouldn't have to worry about those for the majority of child/rookie evolutions.

Basically when you're trying to change the time a Digimon is naturally awake, it's best to abuse vitamins and naps as much as possible (although naps don't have much of an effect if the Digimon isn't already relatively tired). Later when you have the money, you can buy an item that makes the Digimon tired.

Provided the clock is not set to the lowest setting, time won't skip ahead when you load your last save. If you can see a pause icon, then your clock has to be on a higher setting because the pause function is disabled in real-time and replaced by the option to change the current time instead.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by theundersigned View Post
    It can depend on what you're feeding it too. When hunger drops to 0 you can choose to feed it a vitamin, which will increase both hunger and strength to 1 if both are 0 or decrease strength if strength is greater than 1. Vitamins don't increase weight at all. But you can also feed the Digimon lighter foods if you haven't already. Anything other than meat will only increase weight by 1.

If you try alternating between vitamins and a single training every hour, then you should be able to last until the Digimon becomes tired enough to take a nap that lasts until a time closer to morning. Since all you need is for the majority of training to be in the morning, it shouldn't matter if you have even 6 or so trainings during a different part of the day. The naps, vitamins, and infrequent training will likely keep energy relatively high - high enough to get at least 7 trainings in the morning. However, these numbers aren't exact and depend heavily on how long your Digimon will stay awake, which is affected by how much the Digimon has slept last (which in turn is affected by the amount of energy it had when it fell asleep).

Also, if your Digimon falls asleep normally or even if it's napping, you can still wake it up without receiving a care mistake. It will count as a sleep disturbance (unless it was napping), but you shouldn't have to worry about those for the majority of child/rookie evolutions.

Basically when you're trying to change the time a Digimon is naturally awake, it's best to abuse vitamins and naps as much as possible (although naps don't have much of an effect if the Digimon isn't already relatively tired). Later when you have the money, you can buy an item that makes the Digimon tired.

Provided the clock is not set to the lowest setting, time won't skip ahead when you load your last save. If you can see a pause icon, then your clock has to be on a higher setting because the pause function is disabled in real-time and replaced by the option to change the current time instead.
    Thanks! Will try

Also, Tanemon evolving into Chuumon even if it's not shown in the evo line is normal or a bug?

EDIT: Found my answe on the hacking part of the guide: I suck XD
    Last edited by Aldath; 07-08-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Again with some questions.

Training a Nyaromon yesterday, so far no care mistakes or injuries, feeding it a vitamin killed it.
    Also, with Time set at two arrows, it never evolved, Time to Grow in debug menu was a 22 at time of death.

Was the last vitamin you fed it still active? Feeding a vitamin when the last was still active it will lower its total lifespan considerably (6 hours). It's also possible the number of vitamins you've fed the Digimon reduced its lifespan too much (each reduces it by 1 hour). You can rewind the Digimon's life by pressing the " , " key while the debug menu is in focus.

"Time to age" refers to when it will go up 1 "year." TotalLifespan refers to the actual amount of life it has left to live (in seconds). When LapsedLife is greater than TotalLifespan, it will die. When LapsedLife reaches GrowthPeriod, it will try to evolve.

Baby I starts off with 24 hours of TotalLifespan and will evolve after 6 hours. Baby II adds 48 hours onto the Digimon's current TotalLifespan when it evolves. Baby II evolves after 24 hours of LapsedLife. So long as TotalLifespan stays above the GrowthPeriod, the Digimon should reach its evolution age no problem. Assuming TotalLifespan hasn't decreased by the time you reach Baby II, that means you have about 48 "free" vitamins you can feed it each hour in order to still reach its GrowthPeriod.

Sickness/Injury lowers TotalLifespan by 6 hours. If sickness/injury occurs while already sick or injured, TotalLifespan decreases another 6 hours. A hunger care mistake lowers TotalLifespan by 2 hours. Becoming fatigued while very old will decrease TotalLifespan 1 hour. After 24 hours when the Digimon increases their age, TotalLifespan will either increase or decrease 6 hours depending on mood and whether you've received any minor care mistakes (care mistakes that don't affect evolution).

If you still have the save file, could you email it to me? My email can be found in the change log txt file in the game's folders. Feel free to email me there too if you have any more questions or suggestions.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 07-11-2019 at 08:11 AM.